Things That Bug You

34 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Or the people who try to get on the elevator on the 1st floor before the people who came down on it can get off lol 

That's just people who don't use elevators much I think. I'll occasionally see the elevator is on the floor I'm on and think it's unoccupied and be ready to enter when I hit the button and open the door and surprise there is someone on it ready to exit. So I back up and get ready to say sorry but they usually say it first even though they were in the right, again I don't think they understand the game. It's sorta like the fast lane on the interstate. I just assume it's people who don't travel often because it's really bad around the holidays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I know you're not talking to me but there aren't a lot of things that bother me. I'm married to someone who is the opposite and it even annoys her that I'm not more annoyed by things so that's kind of annoying.

There will be traffic things that annoy me but it's only slightly and it's not like I'd yell or honk at them. Whatever, it's over I'm ready to move on.

Long lines annoy me but If they are that bad I'll just keep shopping or go elsewhere for dinner.

I do realize everyone has different levels and what is easy for me isn't easy for everyone.

Now I'm sort of a freak with killing bugs. I'll kill every mosquito that comes my way but I only catch and release any other bugs that enter my home. Spider, fly, etc... I'm not killing them. There are caterpillars that cross the highway a few times per year on my way to work and I try to dodge them. So I guess I find it annoying when people kill things with no regard. Whether humans, animals or insects. Again, I acknowledge that I'm not normal in that regard.

I’m pretty easily irritated, but mostly only by inconsiderate behavior.

Like, I don’t care if there’s a long line, it is what it is, but I do get irritated if there’s someone in that line holding it up unnecessarily.

Every other driver on the road annoys me.  If you’re driving faster than me you’re a maniac and if you’re driving slower than me you’re an idiot lol.  People almost entirely are unsafe, inconsiderate and impatient when driving.  Chill tf out, leave 5 min earlier, be kind to other drivers.  This isn’t hard.

One of my biggest issues is when people treat service workers poorly.  Like, you know the person likely isn’t gonna risk their job to tell you to pound sand, so they get real bold and borderline aggressive.  When folks start raising their voices and being rude, I just want to smack them upside their mouth and see if they keep that same energy with me.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Are we to believe nothing irks you other than the greatest sufferings on earth?  No minor irritations at all?

i would say you’re a better man than me, but let’s be honest, you’re bull****ting 

Everyone has things they realize are trivial but still chap their arse. 

oh, i get plenty frustrated over what amounts to petty things over the course of time, sure. but to take the time to list it here or actually discuss them as if they have real significance? no, that's where perspective comes out and i recognize they mean nothing compared to other peoples' real struggles.

peace.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a two way street.  The world doesn’t have to tiptoe but I can think actions are ******* ignorant, selfish, uncouth, etc.

Uncouth” is such an underrated word.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

One of my biggest issues is when people treat service workers poorly.  Like, you know the person likely isn’t gonna risk their job to tell you to pound sand, so they get real bold and borderline aggressive.  When folks start raising their voices and being rude, I just want to smack them upside their mouth and see if they keep that same energy with me.

All of this. All of the time. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Yes. My mother in law is like that and is so bad that my wife and I refuse to eat anywhere with her. If you looked Karen up in the dictionary, you'd see her picture 

A long time ago, my dad advised me “Never mess with anyone who handles your money and your food…”

As I got older, I evolved this lesson to “Never mess with anyone…”

Don’t get me wrong - I can complain, and talk with a manager. There’s a method in doing so, one that is rooted in respect and doesn’t draw attention to your issue. More often than not, having a respectful discussion with someone who is not the manager will lead to the same results as what you’d get from the manager. 

Be respectful and you’d be surprised how much respect is pushed back to you…

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ET80 said:
17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All of this. All of the time. 

It wasn’t until I worked in the food industry that I realized not everyone treated their service people like my family did, and I came from a lower middle class family.

I have about 2 expectations of my server. Be kind/make things right if there’s a mistake and keep my water glass full. On the off chance an order is messed up, I apologize for their inconvenience and ask for the order to get fixed, reinforcing that these things happen. Almost 💯 of the time they leave the food for anyone at the table to eat while they fix the issue. I always leave around a 20% to 25% tip, and if the waiter is just absolutely awful and has a bad attitude, 10-15% so they can get the message they need to up their game while I don’t screw over their livelihood wage.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It wasn’t until I worked in the food industry that I realized not everyone treated their service people like my family did, and I came from a lower middle class family.

I have about 2 expectations of my server. Be kind/make things right if there’s a mistake and keep my water glass full. On the off chance an order is messed up, I apologize for their inconvenience and ask for the order to get fixed, reinforcing that these things happen. Almost 💯 of the time they leave the food for anyone at the table to eat while they fix the issue. I always leave around a 20% to 25% tip, and if the waiter is just absolutely awful and has a bad attitude, 10-15% so they can get the message they need to up their game while I don’t screw over their livelihood wage.

Yep.  I don’t expect perfection, and unless it’s an egregious goof up I’ll probably just eat it anyway.  That said, if I do mention it, I just want the issue resolved, I have no interest in being an ***. 

As far as tipping and poor service, it depends on the why.  If they’re lazy and just choosing not to work, 10-15%.  That happens like, almost never btw.  Once every couple years?  If the service sucks because they’re understaffed and slammed? I’ll tip over 25% because I know some other impatient moron won’t.

Also, I think people need to adjust their expectations of their servers at times.  If you’re paying $100 per person for a nice dinner, sure, hold them to a higher standard.  Grabbing a burger and being served by some teenager? C’mon..

• Like 2

People having pet birds. Never even thought about it until I saw one on a TV show today. But it’s pretty ****ed up. They’re just in a tiny cage all day every day. Alone. Can’t fly around. Possibly for like 80 years. It’s not even a real pet. They’re not sweet to you. They’re prisoners.

11 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

People having pet birds. Never even thought about it until I saw one on a TV show today. But it’s pretty ****ed up. They’re just in a tiny cage all day every day. Alone. Can’t fly around. Possibly for like 80 years. It’s not even a real pet. They’re not sweet to you. They’re prisoners.

A friend growing up had a pet turkey that would wait in a tree and divebomb anyone walking up the sidewalk. Once a guy was walking up drinking a beer. Soon as his head was leaned back that turkey collided with his face. Dude went backwards, breaking his wrist and thumb trying to catch himself. Smashed the back of his head on the concrete to knock him out cold. Which in turned made him release his bowels.

One of the funniest things Id ever seen. Laughed all the way to the hospital and beyond.

But I know what you mean. Caged birds = Bad. Free-range assault fowl = Awesome.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’ve literally never thought about this one single second of my life.  But now that I have….. you’re not wrong lol 

• Like 1