Bears trade 7th rounder to Patriots for N’Keal Harry

TheRealMcCoy

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, it is totally absurd to even suggest otherwise, and I was just looking at one little draft class only.  Obviously tons of DBs in the NFL are very good out of the Pac-12.  

His failure in the NFL to date has little to do with how he catches the football with his hands there broham.  

Even if you remove Washington, Colorado, USC, and Utah all consistently produce good NFL DBs. Stanford seems to have one or two high profile DBs every draft class lately, as well.

51 minutes ago, Pool said:

Thank God he came to Chicago who is notorious for helping hapless WR's turn their careers around. If there is one team that knows how to build and develop WR's its the Bears.

Allen Robinson’s contract, pre-Bears coaching: $3.5M total

Allen Robinson’s contract with the Rams, post-Bears coaching: $46.5M

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I liked Harry coming out.  And I can't figure out how he ended up in the doghouse so quickly.

14 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I thought the Pats got the best WR in the draft when they took Harry and was surprised he didn't work out for them. Hoping he can pull himself together in Chicago.

Everyone liked Harry coming out.  I even remember one poster joking that Harry is the one guy in that class that no one seems to think will be anything but a very good player, so he's sure to bust.  Lots of revisionist history earlier in the thread.

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

waiting for him too add anything of note

Harry has never been targeted more than 57 times in a season in his three year NFL career.  First year targeted 24 times, next year 57, last year 27.   His ability to catch the football is why he is not productive?  No his ability to run routes exactly could be it, his inability to do what the coaches ask could be it, his overall lack of conditioning could be it, his inability or want to block could be it, or just general fact of the coaches do not like his demeanor, work ethic or general vibe he gives on and off the field.  

Marquez Callaway on the Saints, 27 targets as a rookie, 21 catches 213 years.  Last year 84 targets, 46 catches and 698 yards.  Or Tim Patrick, 31 targets and 16 catches 218 yards his 2nd year, his 4th year he had 85 targets and 53 catches for 734 yards, similar the 3rd year with 79 targets and decent production.  Or Cedric Wilson, rookie year 8 targets 5 catches 46 yards, 2nd year 28 targets for 17 catches and 189 yards, then last year 61 targets for 45 catches and 602 yards when opportunity came and playing time.  Targets matter, opportunity matters and again to say his hands are the reason for his failure, you are just simply incorrect.  

Laugh when I say he has great hands, and then ignore the fact he can make outstanding acrobatic catches in college and the NFL.  Then pretend he cannot do so when you are shown literal videos of it, keep doing that, nice work.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Harry has never been targeted more than 57 times in a season in his three year NFL career.  First year targeted 24 times, next year 57, last year 27.   His ability to catch the football is why he is not productive?  No his ability to run routes exactly could be it, his inability to do what the coaches ask could be it, his overall lack of conditioning could be it, his inability or want to block could be it, or just general fact of the coaches do not like his demeanor, work ethic or general vibe he gives on and off the field.  

Marquez Callaway on the Saints, 27 targets as a rookie, 21 catches 213 years.  Last year 84 targets, 46 catches and 698 yards.  Or Tim Patrick, 31 targets and 16 catches 218 yards his 2nd year, his 4th year he had 85 targets and 53 catches for 734 yards, similar the 3rd year with 79 targets and decent production.  Or Cedric Wilson, rookie year 8 targets 5 catches 46 yards, 2nd year 28 targets for 17 catches and 189 yards, then last year 61 targets for 45 catches and 602 yards when opportunity came and playing time.  Targets matter, opportunity matters and again to say his hands are the reason for his failure, you are just simply incorrect.  

Laugh when I say he has great hands, and then ignore the fact he can make outstanding acrobatic catches in college and the NFL.  Then pretend he cannot do so when you are shown literal videos of it, keep doing that, nice work.

so your argument as to why I should take your assertion that he has good hands seriously is because it is ultimately irrelevant anyways because he sucks in so many other ways he that he can't get himself the opportunity to catch balls? Okay. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

so your argument as to why I should take your assertion that he has good hands seriously is because it is ultimately irrelevant anyways because he sucks in so many other ways he that he can't get himself the opportunity to catch balls? Okay. 

So your argument is laughing when I say he has great hands then?  I show you great catches he made and you still think he does not have great hands?  How about you bring up the points I just made as to why he has not been successful in the NFL instead.  At least I provide reasons.  Sure he might never turn out in the NFL but again it is not because of his freaking hands catching the football.  

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If you could combine Jalen Reagor's athleticism with N'Keals hands, you'd have a solid #4 WR.

Adam Thielen was not instantly successful in the NFL, same with Kendrick Bourne, Russell Gage, Darren Waller etc.  Not all guys instantly are successful, sure Harry and Reagor did not get off to good starts but I would not call them total failures before year three or four has even happened in their career.  Have some patience, they are both wildly successful compared to the likes of JJ Arcega-Whiteside but even with him it is pretty early to call it on his career.  Same with Andy Isabella but yeah he has been disappointing.  

45 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So your argument is laughing when I say he has great hands then?  I show you great catches he made and you still think he does not have great hands?  How about you bring up the points I just made as to why he has not been successful in the NFL instead.  At least I provide reasons.  Sure he might never turn out in the NFL but again it is not because of his freaking hands catching the football.  

All I did was laugh at the irrelevancy of it all