Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 10/17/2019 at 12:43 AM, AkronsWitness said:

It will be super interesting to see what they do at the deadline. Love, Clarkson, Knight and Tristan are all prime candidates for contender looking for a bump entering the playoffs. Fun to see what direction the Cavs will take. I like the balance of capable vets and young guys because the thought of rewinding the clock to 2010 where it was 10 guys on the team under the age of 23 seems like hell.

A contender with a crappy bench would probably make a call for Clarkson.

Portland could be a spot for TT if the Whiteside experiment doesnt work out and Nurkic doesnt recover as fast as expected. TT + Henson for Whiteside and a 2021 1st.

Knight is a hard one. Maybe Pistons, Magic or Wizards are potential spots. All have some question marks at the G position but I dont really know what I would want from any of those teams besides maybe Mo Bamba from the Magic

1 hour ago, OhioG said:

A contender with a crappy bench would probably make a call for Clarkson.

Portland could be a spot for TT if the Whiteside experiment doesnt work out and Nurkic doesnt recover as fast as expected. TT + Henson for Whiteside and a 2021 1st.

Knight is a hard one. Maybe Pistons, Magic or Wizards are potential spots. All have some question marks at the G position but I dont really know what I would want from any of those teams besides maybe Mo Bamba from the Magic

There is absolutely and I mean absolutely no chance in hell we get a first for TT. We’d be lucky to get another expiring for him and MAYBE some fringe guy that another team is trying to unload for money reasons. TT has zero value to anyone. He’s not the same guy he was 4 years ago and even then he wasn’t that good. 

On 10/19/2019 at 11:29 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

There is absolutely and I mean absolutely no chance in hell we get a first for TT. We’d be lucky to get another expiring for him and MAYBE some fringe guy that another team is trying to unload for money reasons. TT has zero value to anyone. He’s not the same guy he was 4 years ago and even then he wasn’t that good. 

wasnt that good? He was one of the best rebounders and could defend outside the paint. He just plays with no effort now

TT double double and made some actual effort on D. He's only got one move, wonder how long it will last.

Garland showed good vision for a rookie. Still way ahead of Sexton. 

The numbers dont look good for Colin but when we needed it, he hit some clutch shots.

Cedi was the opposite, good numbers but missed key 3s at the end.

I think they said they are installing their offense and defense as they go as to not overwhelm the players so hopefully we do better with time

KPJ has all the tools but no jumper so that will be a growing pain. Needs to tone his aggression down on D but shows he can defend at least.

Delly isnt a great threat to score but can at least run a simple offense. Clarkson was extra bad. (Cold and Chucking). Coach needed to bench him and put in Knight. 

7 hours ago, OhioG said:

TT double double and made some actual effort on D. He's only got one move, wonder how long it will last.

Garland showed good vision for a rookie. Still way ahead of Sexton. 

The numbers dont look good for Colin but when we needed it, he hit some clutch shots.

Cedi was the opposite, good numbers but missed key 3s at the end.

I think they said they are installing their offense and defense as they go as to not overwhelm the players so hopefully we do better with time

KPJ has all the tools but no jumper so that will be a growing pain. Needs to tone his aggression down on D but shows he can defend at least.

Delly isnt a great threat to score but can at least run a simple offense. Clarkson was extra bad. (Cold and Chucking). Coach needed to bench him and put in Knight. 

We need to jettison Clarkson for a wing that can defend.

We should morph into a defensive-minded team in the future. Get rid of all the guys that can't defend. If we're going to suck, I'd much rather watch a gritty bad team than a layup festival.

44 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We should morph into a defensive-minded team in the future. Get rid of all the guys that can't defend. If we're going to suck, I'd much rather watch a gritty bad team than a layup festival.

If we are going to suck...I just want to be entertained....135-130 games provide that more than 94-91 games do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

That means we’re getting rid of everyone! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:
On 10/24/2019 at 8:56 AM, malibuspeedrace said:

If we are going to suck...I just want to be entertained....135-130 games provide that more than 94-91 games do

Yeah I’ve seen defensive oriented teams and offensive oriented teams. Give me the O. ..........with some D

Clippers beat Warriors last night 141-122.  Defense is nice but if we're going to be bad, why not be entertaining.

Peace!!!

• Like 2

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck