Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

24 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Has @sdrawkcab321 ever admitted that he was completely wrong about something?

If so, I missed it.

If not, I am thinking that Okoro's ability to score might have to be it.

Hard to admit I’m wrong when I’m always right. 

but okoro has done a very good job lately. Turned into a solid catch and shoot 3 point shooter. Hopefully it continues. 

this is an all time butt whooping. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sexton is looking more and more like monte ellis to garlands Steph curry. Curry couldn’t be curry until they moved Ellis. Once they did it opened up everything for curry. Starting to look that way here. Garland never had the freedom he has now with Sexton out. 

Could be. It's definitely a big enough possibility to encourage the team to see what they could get for him from a tanking team.

23 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sexton is looking more and more like monte ellis to garlands Steph curry. Curry couldn’t be curry until they moved Ellis. Once they did it opened up everything for curry. Starting to look that way here. Garland never had the freedom he has now with Sexton out. 

Disagree.  Sexton already dialed back his shots per game from 18.4 to 13.7 to start the season.  Ellis was jacking up 20 shots a game. Also moving Monta Ellis allowed them to play one of the best shooters of all time at the 2-guard.

Our big 3 is Garland-Mobley-Allen and everything we do should fit around those guys.  Sexland's issues on the court are overstated, and there would be nothing wrong with staggering their minutes somewhat so Sexton can give us a scoring boost with the bench unit.  Love and Rubio won't be around forever, and it's not like we are a great offensive team without him.

7 hours ago, FGK said:

Could be. It's definitely a big enough possibility to encourage the team to see what they could get for him from a tanking team.

If it wasn't that much before this season and the torn meniscus, I can't see why it would be worth doing now.

He might (probably?) won't even be getting max money in free agency, just match whatever other teams are offering then holding onto him as a trade piece when a deal we like actually arises.

52 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Disagree.  Sexton already dialed back his shots per game from 18.4 to 13.7 to start the season.  Ellis was jacking up 20 shots a game. Also moving Monta Ellis allowed them to play one of the best shooters of all time at the 2-guard.

Our big 3 is Garland-Mobley-Allen and everything we do should fit around those guys.  Sexland's issues on the court are overstated, and there would be nothing wrong with staggering their minutes somewhat so Sexton can give us a scoring boost with the bench unit.  Love and Rubio won't be around forever, and it's not like we are a great offensive team without him.

Okoro finally getting to play the 2 instead of the 3 where he was undersized would be the comparison there. He’s really hit his stride as a 2 guard with Sexton out to the way. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Okoro finally getting to play the 2 instead of the 3 where he was undersized would be the comparison there. He’s really hit his stride as a 2 guard with Sexton out to the way. 

He is a 2 guard all the way, but he just got out of a terrible shooting slump so teams aren't even in the same area code as him when he gets kick out 3 pointers.  That has nothing to do with Sexton, he can still get a ton of minutes at the 2 with Sexton on the team it would just mean staggering Garland and Sexton's minutes more.

I don't think anybody's success on this team has much to do with Sexton's absence, especially since he was playing much better team ball to start the year and with good players around him.  I also don't think anybody is going to part ways with a good wing for him, but if that opportunity arises we should definitely consider it.  I would at least match his market value in his next contract.

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Man I’ve been saying this since the start. Okoro is best at the 2. Hes a 2 with us and now he can finally grow in that position.