Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I’ve always associated the early cuts to guys you clearly have no use for or people you wanna do a solid by and allow them to try to catch on before roster crunches. 

I don’t think anyone here is circling back later. And that just makes for such an odd choice of the QB draft pick since they gave him zero chance. I don’t much care he got cut, but why draft him and never actually give him a shot? 

I think he was drafted to be a PS player.  He needs a lot of developing so not much chance he gets poached.  Put him on the PS, Mitch and Mason are gone by next season.  Maybe a year of PS under his belt gives him a shot at being the #2 next year with a similar style of play that Pickett has.  That's the best explanation I can think of.   

I'm really curious about the decision to hire an OL coach who employs his own special technique with no real proven track record and which apparently has this much of a learning curve to it. The players do look lost, that is pretty evident.  I mean, did you really need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to OL play? 

Edited by CKSteeler

That 7th rd QB made zero sense whatsoever, especially since a)  we probably couldve got him as a UDFA, b) there were better QB available and most importantly c)  there were numerous better players at bigger positions of need including OLB, DB, and OLine.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 43M said:

That 7th rd QB made zero sense whatsoever, especially since a)  we probably couldve got him as a UDFA, b) there were better QB available and most importantly c)  there were numerous better players at bigger positions of need including OLB, DB, and OLine.

He's also going to be 25 in a couple weeks.  Rashard Walker is only 22.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chieferific said:

He needs a lot of developing so not much chance he gets poached

I agree with you that he was likely drafted to be put on PS, but the timing of what he cuts makes it more likely for him to get poached. With teams at 80 man rosters, there's still a lot of fat to trim to get to 53. It's more likely someone takes a flyer on someone with the roster flexibility. 

Not to say he can't make it back, but we have a week until we find out. Cutting a 7th round pick isn't surprising, but this QB selection on a team with no room on the 53 and then ultimately not showing much interest with an early cut is odd. 

But they have made a few odd choices handling their QBs this year. It's like they are out of practice finding a starter or something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Anyone else see that Ben was in Camp on Wednesday?  I saw some pictures of it on Twitter.  can't link them while at work but Ben was still not practicing on Wednesday.😇

He forgot what a QB who moves out of the pocket and throws downfield looks like.

My current mock:

Round 1: Paris Johnson Jr. Ohio State OT
Round 2: Henry To'o To'o Alabama ILB
Round 3: Olusegun Oluwatimi Michigan Center
Round 4: Jermayne Lole Louisville NT
Round 6: Jeremy Banks Tennessee OLB
Round 7: Deuce Vaughn Kansas State RB