Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes against a Chiefs team that was the hottest in the NFL the first month of the season. A gm the Eagles were in the entire gm up until 1/2 way through the 4th despite losing Darren Sproles and without their best CB Ronald Darby.

Eagles also beat the Carolina Panthers. Beat a Chargers Team now surging! If in the coming two weeks they beat or split with Seattle and the Rams does that Instantly change because "now" the SOS is now higher? 

Not speaking of you in particular but I'm sick and tired of people using the Injury Excuse for their teams when the Eagles have been playing without several key Starters, Pro Bowlers, future HOF now for weeks/months. That's all.

I just remember everyone including most Eagles fans looking at the upcoming 2017 schedule and suggesting Philadelphia "might" win 7 GM's on the year. Now with the parity in the NFL the way it is year in and year out with teams coming out of nowhere like the Rams and Eagles and Supposed power houses like Dallas , Cards and NYG crapping the bed. All of a sudden the schedule they've Played is Trash. That I'll never agree with. 4 of those teams losses came at the hands of the Eagles. That's all.

I mean...the Eagles schedule has been weak and no matter how you spin it the Cowboys and Giants are both bad teams, one is atrocious. I'm not saying the Eagles CANT be real, but they haven't really had a big test yet. The Rams will be that test. If they come out and smoke the Rams by 17, I won't have any issues proclaiming them a top 2 team.

43 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I mean...the Eagles schedule has been weak and no matter how you spin it the Cowboys and Giants are both bad teams, one is atrocious. I'm not saying the Eagles CANT be real, but they haven't really had a big test yet. The Rams will be that test. If they come out and smoke the Rams by 17, I won't have any issues proclaiming them a top 2 team.

The Cowboys are a pretty good team...if Zeke plays.

8 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:
11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Tier 1:
Eagles

Tier 2:

Vikings

Patriots

Tier 3:
Rams 

Saints

Tier 4:
Bunch of teams

Nice to be a Tier 4 Team that dominated a Tier 2 Team.

If it makes you feel better the Steelers were the closest to cracking that 3rd tier, so they would be at the very top of that tier 4.

8 hours ago, RedRider said:

Yep. I attribute it understandably to him being a rival fan (Philly), but no one can truthfully place Pittsburgh that low. They are a tier 2 team at worst. 

I know people want to move them down after playing GB close last night, but what were they expecting? Pittsburgh always plays down to opponents. Nothing has changed since they were highly ranked before the game.

Nope. I don't consider Pittsburgh a rival cause I'm from California. I have nothing against them.

I just don't really know too much what to expect from them. They are up and down.

It's not just losing close to a Hundley led team. They were in a close game with the Browns. They lost to the Bears. Got demolished by the Jags. Barely beat the Colts.

They have a couple of good wins including beating the Chiefs when they were still rolling and a convincing win against the Vikings.

But, I can't in my right mind put them in tier 2 with their inconsistency. They are a team that is certainly a threat when they are clicking though.

If you want to slide them in to the back of tier 3, then I have no real issue with that, but tier 2 is asinine.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Eh. Not really. They're certainly better with him but I wouldn't say they're pretty good.

Eh, really. Nearly beat the Rams and the A-Rod QB'd Packers earlier this year with Zeke. Zeke is that good. He makes them competitive with just about any team, because the Cowboys can sustain 9 minute drives when he's on the field.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

The Rams have play 4 teams Seattle, Minny, NO and I guess Jax. Going 2-2 in those 4 GM's. Who else have they played?

NO has played Minny, NE, CAR and LAR going 2-2 vs those 4. Who else have they really played?

Eagles KC, SD, Carolina going 2-1. Won't include the train wreck Denver has become because the Eagles started their Defensive downfall. So after the Seattle game the Eagles will have faced their 4th team like the ones above. The next week their 5th. Is it then when the SOS truly applies? Or only if they lose?

Also why do the Eagles have to Smoke the Rams by 17 "to be real"? Can't they too squeak out a 6pt win like LA did yesterday vs the Saints? 

The Eagles have to smoke an 8-3 team that just beat the New Orleans "are they the best team in football?" Saints to prove they're "for real"? Are you serious? Who even qualifies as for real with these stingy standards? Certainly not the Patriots who fared even worse against the Chiefs merely 1 week before we played them in Arrowhead.

The Rams, as of now, look like the best team on the Eagles schedule, and if people consider the Rams a tier above the Panthers and want to see how we fare against such a team before determining if we're your SB picks or not, that's fair.... but I'll tell you what, teams that are not "real" do not start seasons 10-1, outscoring opponents by 160 pts. 

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The Rams have play 4 teams Seattle, Minny, NO and I guess Jax. Going 2-2 in those 4 GM's. Who else have they played?

NO has played Minny, NE, CAR and LAR going 2-2 vs those 4. Who else have they really played?

Eagles KC, SD, Carolina going 2-1. Won't include the train wreck Denver has become because the Eagles started their Defensive downfall. So after the Seattle game the Eagles will have faced their 4th team like the ones above. The next week their 5th. Is it then when the SOS truly applies? Or only if they lose?

Also why do the Eagles have to Smoke the Rams by 17 "to be real"? Can't they too squeak out a 6pt win like LA did yesterday vs the Saints? 

The Rams didn't "squeak out" a six-point win yesterday. But the Eagles are already real. If they beat the Rams by any margin, it only adds to their "realness." 

However, I gotta roll my eyes a bit at you saying, "I guess Jax" and then including San Diego on the Eagles' ledger. C'mon, man.

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Rams didn't "squeak out" a six-point win yesterday. But the Eagles are already real. If they beat the Rams by any margin, it only adds to their "realness." 

However, I gotta roll my eyes a bit at you saying, "I guess Jax" and then including San Diego on the Eagles' ledger. C'mon, man.

lol I chuckled at that too. San Diego is clearly a legit team but like...I guess Jacksonville can qualify as a decent win or something.

45 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Eh, really. Nearly beat the Rams and the A-Rod QB'd Packers earlier this year with Zeke. Zeke is that good. He makes them competitive with just about any team, because the Cowboys can sustain 9 minute drives when he's on the field.

Ah, so Zeke makes the Cowboys good enough to barely lose to team instead of really lose to teams. Excellent.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If it makes you feel better the Steelers were the closest to cracking that 3rd tier, so they would be at the very top of that tier 4.

Nope. I don't consider Pittsburgh a rival cause I'm from California. I have nothing against them.

I just don't really know too much what to expect from them. They are up and down.

It's not just losing close to a Hundley led team. They were in a close game with the Browns. They lost to the Bears. Got demolished by the Jags. Barely beat the Colts.

They have a couple of good wins including beating the Chiefs when they were still rolling and a convincing win against the Vikings.

But, I can't in my right mind put them in tier 2 with their inconsistency. They are a team that is certainly a threat when they are clicking though.

If you want to slide them in to the back of tier 3, then I have no real issue with that, but tier 2 is asinine.

Meh, Power Ranking and regular season tier rankings are meaningless to me. 

I've seen seasons where Steelers ran the table at #1 and as "First Tier" and came away with nothing.

I also have seen seaons where the Steelers weren't viewe highly and won it all. 

Meaningless in the grand scheme.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

You fools are still waaay overthinking this. 

Does your team have Alvin Kamara? If yes, your team is GOAT. If not, you are fodder.

Counterpoint: What happened if some other team were to kidnap Marshon Lattimore and force him to play for them (this sounds like a New England sort of thing to do)? Who would then be the best team? 

Archived