Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:
8 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

The Vikings are sure impressive even with Keenum at QB. Zimmer may well get COTY.

If the Rams finish 11-5 or 12-4, I think McVay has COTY locked down.(unless the Eagles go 15-1)

14-2 might still be enough for Pederson given the Injuries the Eagles have had to over come All Season Long, starting week 1. I'm amazed our depth (next man up mentality) has been as good as it has, thus far. 

I'd still vote McVay though if he got anywhere close to 12 Wins!

45 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

14-2 might still be enough for Pederson given the Injuries the Eagles have had to over come All Season Long, starting week 1. I'm amazed our depth (next man up mentality) has been as good as it has, thus far. 

You have had the easiest trashiest schedule ever.. .400 

3 hours ago, El ramster said:

You have had the easiest trashiest schedule ever.. .400 

I always love when people like you want to point to SOS but conveniently ignore the fact your basing it off "This years" current records. When in fact the SOS going "into" the season based off last year's Standings are/were the true SOS!! 

Eagles came into the season with the 10th hardest schedule, Rams 17th. Just because teams like every season are moving up and down Throughout the Standings doesn't change the fact the Eagles were supposed to of played a harder schedule. You play who you play.

You know just like the Rams playing teams like the Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, Texans, Niners and Cards. You know what they say about casting stones from glass houses, right?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/234722/2017-nfl-strength-of-schedule

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Zimmer is working on a first round bye with Case 'Freaking' Keenum as his QB. If he gets there then he's got it. Plus everyone likes Zimmer.

56 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I always love when people like you want to point to SOS but conveniently ignore the fact your basing it off "This years" current records. When in fact the SOS going "into" the season based off last year's Standings are/were the true SOS!! 

Eagles came into the season with the 10th hardest schedule, Rams 17th. Just because teams like every season are moving up and down Throughout the Standings doesn't change the fact the Eagles were supposed to of played a harder schedule. You play who you play.

You know just like the Rams playing teams like the Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, Texans, Niners and Cards. You know what they say about casting stones from glass houses, right?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/234722/2017-nfl-strength-of-schedule

I agree Philly was suppose to play a hard schedule this year,  but they have been fortunate to actually play an easy schedule.

You play who you play though.

If Philly drops a game, and Vikings go unbeaten the rest of the regular season, the strength of schedule plays a tiebreaking role, and will give the top seed to Vikings.

The "easy schedule" argument is literally dumb. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy because the Eagles have added 10 losses to their opponents by beating them. Taking bulk collective winning percentages is lazy and obviously flawed (this isn't even worthy of debate). 

Also, the vast majority of NFL teams just plain suck. What winning team hasn't had a relatively easy schedule?

14 minutes ago, Phire said:

The "easy schedule" argument is literally dumb. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy because the Eagles have added 10 losses to their opponents by beating them. Taking bulk collective winning percentages is lazy and obviously flawed (this isn't even worthy of debate). 

Also, the vast majority of NFL teams just plain suck. What winning team hasn't had a relatively easy schedule?

I would argue its not "dumb", but rather a potential way of breaking tiebreakers, since you can only play who is on your schedule (you don't choose your opponents).

13 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I would argue its not "dumb", but rather a potential way of breaking tiebreakers, since you can only play who is on your schedule (you don't choose your opponents).

First, ain't nobody here talking about opponent bulk win% as a tiebreaker, and second, that would still be a horribly lazy and flawed way to do it.

Archived