Bears 53

dll2000

I don't know why anyone would want us to use a PS slot on a RB. For one, RBs are plug and play and relatively easy to find (especially 4th string). And for two, when was the last time we developed a RB on PS who is worth mentioning? Because I'm drawing a blank.

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I don't know why anyone would want us to use a PS slot on a RB. For one, RBs are plug and play and relatively easy to find (especially 4th string). And for two, when was the last time we developed a RB on PS who is worth mentioning? Because I'm drawing a blank.

I would have a RB on the PS so they can take most of the scout team reps.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You need someone to run scout team. Otherwise that is a **** ton of reps for Ebner… who you don’t really want getting hurt on scout team we if he is in your offensive game plan.

The scout team should be

QB-Peterman

RB-

WR-

WR-Pettis

WR-Sharpe, guys who may not be active

TE-

LT-

LG-Thomas

C-

RG-Carter

RT-

RE-Robinson

DT-

NT-Pennel

LE-

WLB-Thomas

MLB-Sanborn

SLB-Johnson

CB: Jackson, Jones, Shelley

S: Cruikshank, Hicks

Fill in guys from there. None of those guys will have a starting or primary rotation role.

I was a little surprised to see us keep two fullbacks on the roster.

I guess this means we really plan to be a very run based PA type offense like we've been hearing about all offseason

Also surprised to see a guys like Kamara/Coley both get cut. Thought they both had really good offseasons and that one of them would make it considering the depth at DL. 

Also surprised only two TEs made the initial roster

I'm expecting a few new additions before now and week 1

53 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I guess this means we really plan to be a very run based PA type offense like we've been hearing about all offseason

Also surprised to see a guys like Kamara/Coley both get cut. Thought they both had really good offseasons and that one of them would make it considering the depth at DL. 

FWIW Tonges lined up at TE more than he did at FB. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, topwop1 said:

He is doubling as TE/FB

In practice I saw Kmet lining up at FB as well.

Idea is sometimes to get a team in Nickel, if they like to match up CBs with good receiving TEs, and then go bigger than them in run game with TE at FB.

Plus college game doesn't produce a lot of FBs anymore or at least not FBs with athleticism of the available TEs.   So TEs are used at FB and trained up there.    

That is idea behind lining WRs up at RB like Velus as well.   Or how SF does it with Deebo.  To get LBs off field.  

• Like 1

Interesting that Bears fans are now completely flipped to Jenkins corner, but media is still hammering away that he is going to be traded and keep asking him questions about it.

Then when he says, that isn't up to me I don't get to decide - they are like; Jenkins is super uncomfortable about his future with Bears.

Media = 🌽's  (closest emoji I could find - you get the picture.)

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Interesting that Bears fans are now completely flipped to Jenkins corner, but media is still hammering away that he is going to be traded and keep asking him questions about it.

Then when he says, that isn't up to me I don't get to decide - they are like; Jenkins is super uncomfortable about his future with Bears.

Media = 🌽's  (closest emoji I could find - you get the picture.)

Corn on the cob always pisses me off. I don't let them or the media come to any of my cookouts.

• Like 2