Carlos Dunlap to sign with chiefs

Forge

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

he still have anything left in the tank? I feel like he's a guy who I havent heard much about in years.

He was really good for Seattle when they acquired him a couple of years ago. Thought he was fine last year. 

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Had 7.5 sacks last year? Chiefs needs that lol, our EDGE rush is spotty at best

8.5; and 7 of those came in the last four games of the season. Dude was a ghost until then. I think they had previously tried to use him as a 2 down player but eventually just settled on him being a pure rusher. His best games last year had him seeing only about 30-40 % of snaps.

5 minutes ago, animaltested said:

8.5; and 7 of those came in the last four games of the season. Dude was a ghost until then. I think they had previously tried to use him as a 2 down player but eventually just settled on him being a pure rusher. His best games last year had him seeing only about 30-40 % of snaps.

Thats really what were looking, pure rusher on obvious passing downs

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

he still have anything left in the tank? I feel like he's a guy who I havent heard much about in years.

He's been productive the past two years. In 25 games for Seattle he's had 13.5 sacks and about 40 pressures, as a situational guy playing 40% of the snaps or so. He won't be full time or elite for us or anything, but he'll be at least a replacement for what Melvin Ingram was last year, and probably an upgrade over him, looking at the numbers.

This was probably the biggest need left on the roster, as we currently had Clark, Karlaftis, and basically nothing behind them. This bumps Danna down the depth chart and makes us a bit less reliant on Karlaftis being ready to start full time right out of the gate.