If Chicago ends up with a bottom two record, does Fields get traded?

ClutchDJ

The consensus seems to be Chicago will bottom out with a bottom 3 record this year with some even saying they’ll be the worst.

With that said, do you think this could be a similar situation to Rosen? Does Chicago go for Bryce Young or CJ Stroud next year?

It's possible. He's not a selection of this regime. They'll have the year to evaluate him. Given where they are as a team and in the rebuild, it wouldn't be the craziest thing if they did a quick change at QB to reset the rookie QB contract clock. 

• Like 1

If they can draft 

Will Anderson or Jalen Carter 

I say no. You then draft your franchise cornerstone defensive player to go along with your franchise QB. 

If they can’t then I’d probably want them to trade Justin. The way they’ve handled this offense so far looks absolutely horrible. I have no faith in Poles. So for Justin’s future trading him would be best in that situation. 

I just hope they’d take Bryce over CJ so they don’t ruin another Ostate QB. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 2

Depends on what Fields shows.

If the HC/ GM feel that Fields has it, then sell the high pick for a couple 1's, 2's and/ or young pieces to Jumpstart a rebuild.  

If Fields doesn'tshow, then moving on makes sense.  Maybe recoup a 1st/ 2nd round pick

• Like 4

To me that would mean the new FO is just a new reiteration of the old inadequate guys I’ve always known who save themselves by finding scapegoats. You can’t put forth an atrocious roster by gutting it without replacing anyone and expect positive results. Any critique of the season by the FO that doesn’t acknowledge it’s a rebuild will show it’s probably all for naught. This is essentially Fields’ rookie season on repeat, he has a clean slate. I think to acknowledge Fields is a bust at the end of the season sets us back even more years, years the new regime won’t have. 

This is a silly question. How many QBs on rookie contracts have "led" their team to a top-3 draft pick and panned out as good players? We're not talking about guys like Matthew Stafford who got hurt and missed a chunk of the season, as I'm assuming Fields (reasonably) gets a pass if he's hurt and not playing part of the year.

QBs matter so much to a team's win-loss record that if a guy can't lead his team out of the basement of the league, he's not good and probably never will be. Of course the team should move on from him, it's just a question as to whether anyone else wants him enough to trade for him.

All that said, I don't think Chicago is the worst team in the league. Houston, Jacksonville, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, and Detroit all have pretty brutal rosters too.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

All that said, I don't think Chicago is the worst team in the league. Houston, Jacksonville, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, and Detroit all have pretty brutal rosters too.

I don’t think Carolina and Detroit belong in this conversation at this point. The Bears roster is truly putrid specifically on the offensive side. It’s the least talented offense in the league for sure, and I’m a Mooney fan. 

DK, Pitts, TJ Hock, Mccaffrey, DJ Moore, Lockett these are all real nfl players. Chicago is counting on Nkeal Harry to play a major role. It’s just horrible what they’ve laid out for Fields. Irresponsible to be honest. Maybe it works but right now it looks awful 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Detroit could be pretty decent this season assuming Jameo gets healthy and the Panthers have a good group of skill position players and a top tier defense, they just need one of Baker/Darnold to be at least average while CMac stays on the field. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If Fields is good then you move on with him and keep building the roster up. 

If he’s bad then you move on from him. 

If he's good you move a potential franchise QB on a rookie deal to build up the roster? Finding a good QB is literally the hardest part of building a roster.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If he's good you move a potential franchise QB on a rookie deal to build up the roster? Finding a good QB is literally the hardest part of building a roster.

He said if he's good you move on with him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He said if he's good you move on with him. 

Misread it. I feel bad for Fields but if he flashes improvement this season I think they may have a guy because their team around him is god awful. I'm excited to see my boy Trey Trey this year, praying that I land him in both of my fantasy drafts.