Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games; UPDATE: NFL Submitting Appeal to Increase

CBears019

7 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

You did not answer my question. Reread it and try again.

Pure optics bro. They’ve got to look like they want a year even though they know they don’t want a year. That why when they settle they can see we wanted a year but decided to settle. 

Optics this entire thing is PR optics. Plus Goodell couldn’t make the decision cause he needed to focus on the Broncos. If they would’ve picked a yes man that wasn’t credible that could’ve definitely hurt their case if this does go to court. 

Telling you bro the NFL doesn’t want to go to court. Why would they even put out there they were interested in settling for 12 games. Lol cmon dog they already showed you their hand. If they were 100% ready to only give him a year they would’ve never even brought up the option of settling. 

You tell me why they’d have a settlement offer. It’s already documented they had one out there before Sue even made her call. Cmon dog 

Edited by brownie man

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

No dog. This is his first time talking to the media since he’s settled the 23 cases. Yes she took note of that, but regardless of what she said he couldn’t express remorse until the cases were settled. 

You’ve already made your decision on what you think. I’m just letting you know you’re wrong. Any lawyer worth 2 cents would tell Deshaun don’t say anything that would express you accepting fault. A middle schooler could comprehend that. 

You literally just talked around what ET80 said and then came to the conclusion that he is wrong????

Regardless of why he hasn't shown remorse prior to this statement, the timing of this statement is incredibly suspect(which is exactly what ET80 said). He has much less to lose now showing remorse and much more to gain by doing so..... That is the point. He comes out with this statement when the NFL is about to make a ruling on him which at least in part will be affected by his perceived remorse. He didn't show this "remorse" right after he settled the cases or before a ruling that came out favorably. He did it now.

I personally could not care less if Watson says he is remorseful in public, but lets respond to things properly going forward(something a middle schooler probably could do).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So basically if he worked at Target no one would care. 

If he worked at Target he would; Number 1) be in jail. 

Number 2) not be discussing with Target on how many days he will be out, because they would fire him. 

And Number 3) He almost certainly wouldn't have fans of Target sticking up for him in message boards. 

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

No dog. This is his first time talking to the media since he’s settled the 23 cases. Yes she took note of that, but regardless of what she said he couldn’t express remorse until the cases were settled. 

You’ve already made your decision on what you think. I’m just letting you know you’re wrong. Any lawyer worth 2 cents would tell Deshaun don’t say anything that would express you accepting fault. A middle schooler could comprehend that. 

I don't understand what your saying. You are trying to prove that he IS remorseful. If that is true, then he DID something to be remorseful for. If that's the case, then you are supporting a sexual predator. Who the F cares if he is a remorseful sexual predator? It is absolutely disgusting that you support him and it really invalidates you as someone worth listening to. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

We are absolutely allowed to discuss our thoughts on the validity of his apology. You even bringing up your silly point of apologies being binary and the appeals person now gets to consider it actually feeds into our point that it isn't genuine and he only did it for self-preservation.

You do not get to decide what we discuss here, champ, no matter how much of a smarty pants you think you are.

Of course you are but to say you know what’s in his soul or that you understand his motives is foolishness. You have zero insight on the matter.

This was the interview before his first return to the field. Who cares if that timing offends you?

I could say he’s a black man in the criminal justice system getting good legal representation and signing a huge contract for his athletic abilities while also taking the job of a famous white QB. Am I allowed to pretend I can assign motives now? Or is it just the mob?

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I don't understand what your saying. You are trying to prove that he IS remorseful. 

Dog idk if he’s remorseful or not. 

I don’t know the dude. 

But from a settlement standpoint you can most likely settle for less money denying guilt than if you accept guilt. Don’t forget he had to pay for all these settlements. The money doesn’t just come out of thin air. 

so now you’ve settled 23/24 cases. If you’re confident you’re gonna beat that last case you can come out and accept some guilt now. 

he’d be a fool to give Buzbee a public admission of guilt before the cases were settled. That would just be dumb 

Just now, brownie man said:

Dog idk if he’s remorseful or not. 

I don’t know the dude. 

But from a settlement standpoint you can most likely settle for less money denying guilt than if you accept guilt. Don’t forget he had to pay for all these settlements. The money doesn’t just come out of thin air. 

so now you’ve settled 23/24 cases. If you’re confident you’re gonna beat that last case you can come out and accept some guilt now. 

he’d be a fool to give Buzbee a public admission of guilt before the cases were settled. That would just be dumb 

DOG, who cares what you think? Bro, you support a sexual predator. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Anyone who disagrees with your hot take is evil and wrong. 

Dunning Kruger Effect

We are discussing the value of an apology, Dog!

Edited by SkippyX

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He didn't show this "remorse" right after he settled the cases or before a ruling that came out favorably. He did it now.

He hadnt talked to the media at all since he settled the 23 cases. This was his first media availability. 

makes sense they would have some availability before the first time he’s back on the field. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

He hadnt talked to the media at all since he settled the 23 cases. This was his first media availability. 

makes sense they would have some availability before the first time he’s back on the field. 

6pvp4r.jpg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Nice line when you don’t have a quality  response 

👏🏾

Pat yourself on the back for that one. Really what a job by you. Nice photo too. I’m glad you think that highly of me to spend time making that. 

👏🏾 really you need a small ovation 

Edited by brownie man

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Nice line when you don’t have a quality  response 

👏🏾

Pat yourself on the back for that one. Really what a job by you. Nice photo too. I’m glad you think that highly of me to spend time making that. 

👏🏾 really you need a small ovation 

6pvpa9.jpg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Of course you are but to say you know what’s in his soul or that you understand his motives is foolishness. You have zero insight on the matter.

This was the interview before his first return to the field. Who cares if that timing offends you?

What's in his soul? What are you talking about? Are you gonna refer to his moon sign and palm reading as well? Get out with that garbage. We're talking about his actions, not what I think he's feeling while he prays to Zeus or something.

The timing doesn't offend me. The clearly convenient timing simply started a conversation.

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I could say he’s a black man in the criminal justice system getting good legal representation and signing a huge contract for his athletic abilities while also taking the job of a famous white QB. Am I allowed to pretend I can assign motives now? Or is it just the mob?

You could absolutely do that. If you want to bring race into this, then feel free. I won't engage any further with it because you're clearly grasping at straws to defend your stance, but good luck with that.

Keep ignoring all context. Stand by what you believe in. Peer into your cow idols and be comfortable with who you are, Wind Goddess.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I bet it's really hard for Watson to call a press conference.

It's also really tough for someone in his position to release statements. No good avenues for him to do that.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 5