Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games; UPDATE: NFL Submitting Appeal to Increase

CBears019

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I disagree here. Again I'm solely speaking PR, but at this point with pretty much all the cases settled he's already paid the women. So he doesn't have to worry about negotiating with Buzbee any more. 

So basically he has an opportunity to show remorse that wont effect settlement negotiations. He hasn't had that before. He just settled all those cases a few weeks ago. 

I think from a PR standpoint if he was going to get on the field it's a good time to say something positive. Monday he's going to be one of the bigger headlines so taking the opportunity to show remorse is probably a good move. Even if people dont think its genuine they can't say you haven't shown remorse now. Thats off the table he did. 

Again I have no idea if its genuine or not, but from now on anybody in the media can't say he hasn't shown remorse. They can't use that card anymore. So I do think there was a benefit to him talking from a PR standpoint. It's better to say something and people not think you're being genuine than passing up the opportunity to talk. 

if someone is truly remorseful for their actions, they don't care about the ramifications of actually stating that they are indeed sorry for what transpired.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

if someone is truly remorseful for their actions, they don't care about the ramifications of actually stating that they are indeed sorry for what transpired.  

And if they're innocent they will scream it from the rooftops because the truth is on their side. He's been calculated from the get go, including in how he procured the supply.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

There are may be some who believe the apology, but I'm a fairly cynical person and I just assume that most would think it's garbage and give him push back for it anyway lol. I also don't think that it helps at all in terms of the appeal process, though admittedly this could be a misstep on my part.  I have no idea whether it helps or not, and if it does, that's obviously a huge reason to do it regardless of the public reaction to it. 

Deff not saying there won't be pushback. My guess is Dan Orlosky will call BS on it first thing Monday morning. 

But, you can't say he didn't say it anymore. With only that last case left again from a PR standpoint I think he had more to gain showing remorse and how it could effect Harvey's ruling than if he continued to not say anything especially when they pointed out specifically he didn't show remorse. 

In my honest opinion I think Harvey may have nudged Waton's team to do this. "Here's an opportunity show some remorse. It'll help the NFL save face with the negotiations." If the NFL does settle it'll be alot easier for them to save face settling with a player who apologized than a player who didn't. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Deff not saying there won't be pushback. My guess is Dan Orlosky will call BS on it first thing Monday morning. 

But, you can't say he didn't say it anymore. With only that last case left again from a PR standpoint I think he had more to gain showing remorse and how it could effect Harvey's ruling than if he continued to not say anything especially when they pointed out specifically he didn't show remorse. 

In my honest opinion I think Harvey may have nudged Waton's team to do this. "Here's an opportunity show some remorse. It'll help the NFL save face with the negotiations." If the NFL does settle it'll be alot easier for them to save face settling with a player who apologized than a player who didn't. 

6pvv3x.jpg

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

uhhh you living in Disney? 

Millions of dollars do deffffff matter. 

You admitting guilt could be the difference between a 100,000 settlement and a 200,000 settlement. 

100k * 23 cases = 2.3 million dollars. 

I'm not saying these were the settlement numbers, but it could deff be something like this, and if you don't think someone would care about 2.3 million dollars you're being naive. 

I dont think people understand this is the REAL WORLD. If Deshaun waiting 4 months to apologize saves him 2.3 million dollars he behoves him to wait. Again I'm being objective this is just how the legal system works. 

42 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

An apology is a social thing. You put it out there to acknowledge you understand that people found your behavior to be some level of wrong.

Interesting what you believe the motivating factors for an apology to be--legit Dennis Reynolds vibes here 😃.

(Hint: you're missing an r-word in the equation)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

You admitting guilt could be the difference between a 100,000 settlement and a 200,000 settlement. 

I'm not saying these were the settlement numbers, but it could deff be something like this, and if you don't think someone would care about 2.3 million dollars you're being naive. 

I dont think people understand this is the REAL WORLD. If Deshaun waiting 4 months to apologize saves him 2.3 million dollars he behoves him to wait. Again I'm being objective this is just how the legal system works. 

6pvw6x.jpg

• Like 3

As we've seen Buzbee literally take anything you give him. No way I'm advising Desahun to accept any blame until his cases were settled. Not vs Buzbee noooo wayyy if I'm Deshaun's lawyer. 

The first thing Buzbee would bring up during negotiations would be admission of guilt. That would literally be the first thing he'd talk about. Have yall not watched him the last 7 months? 

I’ve been away from this forum for awhile but it seems like some browns fans are on copium life support trying to mental gymnastics their way into believing deshaun is #1. Not a sexual predator and #2. Not going to be suspended for a season minimum and come back to the league next year 30 months out of playing.

For 10% of the effort you could just buy a Burrow jersey and be a Bengals fan lmfao.

• Like 4

Just now, brownie man said:

so Watson put that money above all else.  

his money, his livelihood, his best interests were above those other individuals

• Like 2