Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games; UPDATE: NFL Submitting Appeal to Increase

CBears019

@AZ_Eaglesfan It was a gross equation of legal jeopardy vs appearing as a human being. If he’s not a complete monster ( I can’t really know) then he probably hated having to stay silent. 

Doing that to stay out of jail makes sense to me. Doing that to save 12 million in bigger lawsuits may also pass that gross logic equation. At least it did for Hardin and Watson.

Part of the equation is increased hatred from millions of people. Everyone is allowed to hate him.

The gross equation flipped and he’s just being selfish or it got out of the way so he could finally say what he wanted to for a year? How can we know.

I know that how you felt about him before the apology has a big influence on how much you accept the actual existence and validity of that apology. How could it not?

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

6pvsty.jpg

The only reason I brought up Webby is cause I can't block you. Which is a pretty wack rule. Like the assumption that Mods can't post stuff worth blocking. 

The photos just take up too much space. I'm down for having a conversation and engaging on points, but you just aren't bringing any quality points on the topic. You're just posting pictures that take up alot of space when I actually want to have legit conversations with other users. 

If I could block you I would've just did it. 

Edited by brownie man

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I’m asking for a mod ruling on personal attacks on these memes. STOP IT

@Forge

we are discussing individual points as it relates to levels of punishment for a clearly disturbed and disgusting person. 

I am not fair game for BS memes that attack my character by people taking the anyone who disagrees with them is evil stance.

We either have rules or we don’t 

6pvuiq.jpg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The only reason I brought up Webby is cause I can't block you. Which is a pretty wack rule. Like the assumption that Mods can't post stuff worth blocking. 

The photos just take up too much space. I'm down for having a conversation and engaging on points, but you just aren't bringing any quality points on the topic. You're just posing pictures that take up alot of space when I actually want to have legit conversations with other users. 

If I could block you I would've just did it. 

6pvutx.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

That said, I also don't think I would have had him say anything before this game lol. Pragmatically speaking, I'm not sure it's in his best interest to apologize. There's no benefit to him whatsoever, and a public apology probably does nothing for any of his accusers if he's doing it for their benefit, but that's just my own personal opinion. 

I disagree here. Again I'm solely speaking PR, but at this point with pretty much all the cases settled he's already paid the women. So he doesn't have to worry about negotiating with Buzbee any more. 

So basically he has an opportunity to show remorse that wont effect settlement negotiations. He hasn't had that before. He just settled all those cases a few weeks ago. 

I think from a PR standpoint if he was going to get on the field it's a good time to say something positive. Monday he's going to be one of the bigger headlines so taking the opportunity to show remorse is probably a good move. Even if people dont think its genuine they can't say you haven't shown remorse now. Thats off the table he did. 

Again I have no idea if its genuine or not, but from now on anybody in the media can't say he hasn't shown remorse. They can't use that card anymore. So I do think there was a benefit to him talking from a PR standpoint. It's better to say something and people not think you're being genuine than passing up the opportunity to talk. 

Just now, brownie man said:

I disagree here. Again I'm solely speaking PR, but at this point with pretty much all the cases settled he's already paid the women. So he doesn't have to worry about negotiating with Buzbee any more. 

So basically he has an opportunity to show remorse that wont effect settlement negotiations. He hasn't had that before. He just settled all those cases a few weeks ago. 

I think from a PR standpoint if he was going to get on the field it's a good time to say something positive. Monday he's going to be one of the bigger headlines so taking the opportunity to show remorse is probably a good move. Even if people dont think its genuine they can't say you haven't shown remorse now. Thats off the table he did. 

Again I have no idea if its genuine or not, but from now on anybody in the media can't say he hasn't shown remorse. They can't use that card anymore. So I do think there was a benefit to him talking from a PR standpoint. It's better to say something and people not think you're being genuine than passing up the opportunity to talk. 

There are may be some who believe the apology, but I'm a fairly cynical person and I just assume that most would think it's garbage and give him push back for it anyway lol. I also don't think that it helps at all in terms of the appeal process, though admittedly this could be a misstep on my part.  I have no idea whether it helps or not, and if it does, that's obviously a huge reason to do it regardless of the public reaction to it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Step 1: be accused of being a lynch mob

Step 2: Also hang anyone who dares to call you a lynch mob.

Dunning Krueger Moral Superiority

Are you using Dunning Kruger because you believe we don't understand morality? Or are you saying the people who are disagreeing with have little experience with morality? 

Because either way it's very ironic to me that you keep using that term. 

• Like 7