Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games; UPDATE: NFL Submitting Appeal to Increase

CBears019

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Yes, dude. He is trying to soften his stance for public appearance and to keep his suspension lower. He showed no remorse through the whole criminal and NFL investigation. But then he got called out by the judge for showing no remorse, so now someone in his PR team said it'd look good to apologize and maybe the person hearing the appeal will take that into consideration since the judge said that was a big negative.

He had 18 months to show remorse or apologize. You don't find it curious at all that he waited until now to do that?

Is this statement no different than people suggesting the women were pressing charges simply to be paid?

Maybe Watson is ready to move forward with his life. Why can’t that be the case?

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Is this statement no different than people suggesting the women were pressing charges simply to be paid?

Maybe Watson is ready to move forward with his life. Why can’t that be the case?

I honestly don't even know what you're saying in that first sentence.

Maybe. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and completely ignore the context around making the statement now. He's definitely earned that.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So now he’s just doing it out of convenience? 

Absolutely he is.  He literally was still yelling from the highest rooftops that he had done nothing wrong as recently as LAST WEEK.

Are you naive enough to believe that one or two counseling sessions changed him that fast?   

And on the slightest chance you are, do you have kids or ever been around them?  When they are told to apologize for wronging someone and say it sarcastically while rolling their eyes?  This is no different.

• Like 4

Sometimes wrong is clear and binary. Everyone bashing Watson for this statement is clearly wrong.

He has been walking a tightrope of Buzbee adding cases over almost a year, to facing jail time, to settling civil suits, to facing NFL discipline. He's being absolutely destroyed almost 100% to 0% by the media. He's been vilified on social media every day for more than a year.

His state of mind and public apology timeline has nothing to do with your self-righteousness. You are nothing in this story. Get over yourself already. He's not apologizing to you. He will never apologize to you. He owes you nothing.

This statement can and will be used if there is an NFL appeal to the courts. They will say no remorse and he will say here is remorse on the day of my first return to an actual NFL game. What no one can say is whether he would have made a public apology on day 1 if there were no financial or criminal risk involved. Pretending you can see into his soul is pathetic.

Several lawyers on here have spoken about this clear and obvious point of criminal defense. You say nothing until you are in the clear. Even saying what he did could backfire in the last civil case.

We all know the truth though, He should have apologized right away and risked jail time so momma's special boy could feel that Watson really meant it.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Sometimes wrong is clear and binary. Everyone bashing Watson for this statement is clearly wrong.

He has been walking a tightrope of Buzbee adding cases over almost a year, to facing jail time, to settling civil suits, to facing NFL discipline. He's being absolutely destroyed almost 100% to 0% by the media. He's been vilified on social media every day for more than a year.

His state of mind and public apology timeline has nothing to do with your self-righteousness. You are nothing in this story. Get over yourself already. He's not apologizing to you. He will never apologize to you. He owes you nothing.

This statement can and will be used if there is an NFL appeal to the courts. They will say no remorse and he will say here is remorse on the day of my first return to an actual NFL game. What no one can say is whether he would have made a public apology on day 1 if there were no financial or criminal risk involved. Pretending you can see into his soul is pathetic.

Several lawyers on here have spoken about this clear and obvious point of criminal defense. You say nothing until you are in the clear. Even saying what he did could backfire in the last civil case.

We all know the truth though, He should have apologized right away and risked jail time so momma's special boy could feel that Watson really meant it.

You criticizing others for self-righteousness as you post with this attitude and "better than others" narcissism is hilarious.

• Like 9

If you pretend this isnt real life, what a great story for the Browns to be successful under Watson and for them to be the universal villains of the NFL. 

However those women were actually assaulted so instead of what in the world of wrestling would be amazing heat and long term storytelling we just get to sit here and feel disgusting as a sexual predator lives the dream. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

If you pretend this isnt real life, what a great story for the Browns to be successful under Watson and for them to be the universal villains of the NFL. 

However those women were actually assaulted so instead of what in the world of wrestling would be amazing heat and long term storytelling we just get to sit here and feel disgusting as a sexual predator lives the dream. 

As a Browns fan I was fine with being a lovable loser but I'd rather be hated and good. Not like this though.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

As a Browns fan I was fine with being a lovable loser but I'd rather be hated and good. Not like this though.

Not sure the Browns are going to be good champ. Watson looked terrible and he's looking at another 12 months away from football soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if more victims come forward during the 12 month suspension and he's on the commissioners exempt list for life

Edited by viking

22 minutes ago, viking said:

Not sure the Browns are going to be good champ. Watson looked terrible and he's looking at another 12 months away from football soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if more victims come forward during the 12 month suspension and he's on the commissioners exempt list for life

They'll be fine. They should be beasts running the ball and very good defending the pass. They may struggle with passing offense and running defense but they'll still be "good". Maybe fall short of the playoffs this year but I suspect they will be in the thick of the race.

I'd be slightly surprised if more victims come forward at this point. I'd also be surprised if he continues doing what he was doing, for awhile anyway. He'll have to find a way to get his thrills legally, or at least without victims.

I'm fine with Watson not playing, I'm not at the point where I can watch him and not root against him so I'm not watching my team play unless he isn't playing so I can root for them.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Absolutely he is.  He literally was still yelling from the highest rooftops that he had done nothing wrong as recently as LAST WEEK.

Are you naive enough to believe that one or two counseling sessions changed him that fast?   

And on the slightest chance you are, do you have kids or ever been around them?  When they are told to apologize for wronging someone and say it sarcastically while rolling their eyes?  This is no different.

Everyone is a psychologist now. 

55 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

So basically if he worked at Target no one would care.