Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games; UPDATE: NFL Submitting Appeal to Increase

CBears019

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I said first media availability since he settled the cases. 

He’s had two total since the trade. There purposely deciding when he talks to the media. This was his third time talking to the media in total and first since the cases were settled. 

And I never said he was sincere. I’m not going to assume he is. That’s not the point of this anyway. The point is when should he talk and what should he say. 

im guessing the plan was to always talk before the game. That’s smart. So if you know that then don’t talk before then. It’s not winning the media at this point. He’s in a state of damage control. You’re just trying to get through the storm. No lawyer or pr team worth anything would put him out consistently. He’s fighting a battle he’ll never win. 

I think you're missing his point....or at least not addressing it. You're saying it was his first media availability...he is saying  Deshaun Watson is a starting NFL QB and the biggest story in the NFL. His media availability is pretty much whenever the hell he wants to talk. There is no world in which "lack of opportunity" is an excuse for not speaking in this scenario. 

Example: 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

6pvqt1.jpg

I am not supporting him. I am disagreeing with a lynch mob.who thinks he should be treated like a criminal without the actual conviction.

He went through criminal court and no charges were forwarded. The black man who routinely gets destroyed in court was also the rich man who got protections. It’s odd that your side only noticed half of that.

Hes mostly done with paying these women for his obvious bad behavior that absolutely no one denies or condones. 23 of them agreed it was a fair sum. That happened. It’s why they call it a settlement. He did not intimidate them into those deals.

He was suspended for 6 games and now Goodell the fundamentalist psycho commish takes over. I’m ok with the pervert and the fundamentalist coming to a compromise even at 12 games.

None of that means he gets labeled as showing no remorse for a long time ( for good reason but it was true) and then when he actually shows it you pretend he did not or that it was not real.

Just now, SkippyX said:

I am not supporting him. I am disagreeing with a lynch mob.who thinks he should be treated like a criminal without the actual conviction.

He went through criminal court and no charges were forwarded. The black man who routinely gets destroyed in court was also the rich man who got protections. It’s odd that your side only noticed half of that.

Hes mostly done with paying these women for his obvious bad behavior that absolutely no one denies or condones. 23 of them agreed it was a fair sum. That happened. It’s why they call it a settlement. He did not intimidate them into those deals.

He was suspended for 6 games and now Goodell the fundamentalist psycho commish takes over. I’m ok with the pervert and the fundamentalist coming to a compromise even at 12 games.

None of that means he gets labeled as showing no remorse for a long time ( for good reason but it was true) and then when he actually shows it you pretend he did not or that it was not real.

6pvs9g.jpg

• Like 10

@Forge

he can definitely talk whenever he wants. I’ll spell is out for y’all cause there’s been a lot of pages 

1. It a bad move to accept guilt BEFORE the cases were settled. Buzbee could use this when negotiating the settlement. 

2. This is why you don’t have Deshaun talk even though he can. 

3. Now that the cases are settled you don’t want him saying anything negative that could effect the judges ruling. 

4. If you know the plan is for him to talk before the Jags game you wait till then to have him talk because he shouldn’t talk more then he has to before the final decision is made. Because the first question will be “Deshaun what do you think about the decision???”

5. He shouldn’t talk before a decision is final. The NFLPA probably doesn’t want him talking at all IN CASE THEY HAVE TO GO TO COURT. You don’t want him saying anything that can be used against him. Because people like you will try to find the first headline they can to paint him in a negative light. 

from a pr standpoint Deshaun should lay low and not say anything to incriminate himself until a final decision is made. 

Just now, brownie man said:

@Forge

he can definitely talk whenever he wants. I’ll spell is out for y’all cause there’s been a lot of pages 

1. It a bad move to accept guilt BEFORE the cases were settled. Buzbee could use this when negotiating the settlement. 

3. Now that the cases are settled you don’t want him saying anything negative that could effect the judges ruling. 

4. If you know the plan is for him to talk before the Jags game you wait till then to have him talk because he shouldn’t talk more then he has to before the final decision is made. Because the first question will be “Deshaun what do you think about the decision???”

5. He shouldn’t talk before a decision is final. The NFLPA probably doesn’t want him talking at all IN CASE THEY HAVE TO GO TO COURT. You don’t want him saying anything that can be used against him. Because people like you will try to find the first headline they can to paint him in a negative light. 

from a pr standpoint Deshaun should lay low and not say anything to incriminate himself until a final decision is made. 

6pvsjs.jpg

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He hadnt talked to the media at all since he settled the 23 cases. This was his first media availability. 

makes sense they would have some availability before the first time he’s back on the field. 

So.... The guy whose legal team carefully prepared statements for him and wouldn't let him show remorse before a certain time was valid and just good lawyering(the argument you have made).... but NOW it is just a random coincidence that he just happens to show remorse right when it would be beneficial to him... because this is when he was made available to the media. He had no chance to do it through any other outlet. Only now.

What a story.

I'm just not sure why you are even giving him the benefit of the doubt here other than your motivation to defend him. Again I personally really don't care if he apologizes... I think he is scum regardless... but I fail to see your motivation here.

• Like 6

@Forge That is a fair point. It’s also fair that he made sure he apologized before he ever subjected paying NFL fans to an unrepentant pervert playing QB. It did not stop the booing. That won’t stop for 10 years AFAIK. 

Everyone can value the apology as they want but people who are obsessed with max punishment on this guy not accepting this at all may not actually be a thought process. It could just the Lewis Black anger emotion guy pushing the button.

No example can ever be as bad but here is one that relates as far as apology.

Dak said it was cool that fans attacked refs. He was given a chance by a reporter to backtrack and he declined. He then waited more than a day to issue an apology.

I accepted the existence of the apology and did not need to pretend to know his true feelings. An apology is a social thing. You put it out there to acknowledge you understand that people found your behavior to be some level of wrong.

As an Eagle fanatic I could have questioned his motives but I just figured he needed a day to cool off and think.

In this case the logic of the greatly decreased jeopardy allowing him to do the right thing before playing should be enough to accept its existence as an apology even if you deny it in your heart. ( all cases of you are plural and not directed at anyone)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Optics this entire thing is PR optics. Plus Goodell couldn’t make the decision cause he needed to focus on the Broncos. If they would’ve picked a yes man that wasn’t credible that could’ve definitely hurt their case if this does go to court. 

No it couldn’t. The CBA is black and white. Goodell could have banned Deshaun for life and nobody could do anything about it. The NFL isn’t worried about the NFLPA taking them to court.

What fairy tale land do you live in?

The NFL knows that this is bad for business because the majority of fans don’t support rapists, they probably tried to set up a suspension ahead of time to sweep things under the rug a long time ago.

Edited by TXsteeler
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yo @Webmasterhow is dude @Deadpulsea mod?

I don’t take any of his post personally but I feel like he’s attacking the other members with those pictures for real. It’s unnecessary 

It's ok. He'll apologize in a year or so. As soon as the media opportunity becomes available. Wouldn't want to make himself look guilty though. 

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

6pvs9g.jpg

I’m asking for a mod ruling on personal attacks on these memes. STOP IT

@Forge

we are discussing individual points as it relates to levels of punishment for a clearly disturbed and disgusting person. 

I am not fair game for BS memes that attack my character by people taking the anyone who disagrees with them is evil stance.

We either have rules or we don’t 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

@Forge

I don't disagree with any of the PR points you're making at all. If I were his lawyer, I wouldn't have had him say anything either I don't think. That said, I also don't think I would have had him say anything before this game lol. Pragmatically speaking, I'm not sure it's in his best interest to apologize. There's no benefit to him whatsoever, and a public apology probably does nothing for any of his accusers if he's doing it for their benefit, but that's just my own personal opinion. 

I'm just saying that "lack of media availability" is not a viable excuse. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

@Forge That is a fair point. It’s also fair that he made sure he apologized before he ever subjected paying NFL fans to an unrepentant pervert playing QB. It did not stop the booing. That won’t stop for 10 years AFAIK. 

Everyone can value the apology as they want but people who are obsessed with max punishment on this guy not accepting this at all may not actually be a thought process. It could just the Lewis Black anger emotion guy pushing the button.

No example can ever be as bad but here is one that relates as far as apology.

Dak said it was cool that fans attacked refs. He was given a chance by a reporter to backtrack and he declined. He then waited more than a day to issue an apology.

I accepted the existence of the apology and did not need to pretend to know his true feelings. An apology is a social thing. You put it out there to acknowledge you understand that people found your behavior to be some level of wrong.

As an Eagle fanatic I could have questioned his motives but I just figured he needed a day to cool off and think.

In this case the logic of the greatly decreased jeopardy allowing him to do the right thing before playing should be enough to accept its existence as an apology even if you deny it in your heart. ( all cases of you are plural and not directed at anyone)

For sure. 

I don't think better or worse for him for the apology. I don't think it's a sincere look, but I also don't care lol. Maybe down the line I can poke fun at it or something, but I've long since divorced myself from having a truly personal connection with players and their actions. Do I think Watson is a good dude? Probably not. There have been a lot of not good dudes in the NFL and there will be a lot more. 

If I were a Browns fan I would continue to root for the team to do well because thats my team. Yes, that may mean that Watson does well by association, but I can't help that. I have no control over his punishment, and if they put him on the field, I can't do anything about it. But why would I allow Watson to rob me of my joy (and torment) of being a Browns fan? Frick no. He doesn't get to do that. To me it's like Madden - he's QB #4 with no name lol. He's an automaton to me.