Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games; UPDATE: NFL Submitting Appeal to Increase

CBears019

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think that they are eventually going to settle on 12 games. I think the NFL is perfectly fine letting this go to appeal because I don't believe that they think there's any way that he doesn't get at least 12, so I don't believe that they think that they are really at any risk of losing anything by turning a deal like that down. 

I agree.   If the appeal comes back as less than 12, how does the NFL look in PR terms?

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ll refrain from posting a Cheesecake Factory meme with Baker and his stache.

Even if that was true, it was entirely consensual (she bragged to anyone who listened). Certainly in a different atmosphere than sexual assault/harassment/misconduct.

• Like 2

"I know I have a lot of work to put in, especially on the field to be able to make sure I'm ready to play whenever that time comes whenever I can step back on the field," Watson said before the game. "But also, the biggest thing is I want to continue counseling and I want to make sure that I'm growing as a person, as an individual for my decision-making on and off the field. I want to make sure that I'm just evolving in the community as much as possible, and that is for the Cleveland community, that is the NFL community and beyond."

"I want to say that I'm truly sorry to all of the women that I have impacted in this situation," said Watson, who was first accused of sexual misconduct in March 2021. "The decisions that I made in my life that put me in this position I would definitely like to have back, but I want to continue to move forward and grow and learn and show that I am a true person of character and I am going to keep pushing forward."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

"I know I have a lot of work to put in, especially on the field to be able to make sure I'm ready to play whenever that time comes whenever I can step back on the field," Watson said before the game. "But also, the biggest thing is I want to continue counseling and I want to make sure that I'm growing as a person, as an individual for my decision-making on and off the field. I want to make sure that I'm just evolving in the community as much as possible, and that is for the Cleveland community, that is the NFL community and beyond."

"I want to say that I'm truly sorry to all of the women that I have impacted in this situation," said Watson, who was first accused of sexual misconduct in March 2021. "The decisions that I made in my life that put me in this position I would definitely like to have back, but I want to continue to move forward and grow and learn and show that I am a true person of character and I am going to keep pushing forward."

Say you did it without saying you did it, holy hell.

This is basically like that OJ Simpson book - only someone at the publishing house had the common sense to not publish it.

And, he wants to CONTINUE counseling? So at least he's IN counseling. That's... progress, I guess.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is basically like that OJ Simpson book - only someone at the publishing house had the common sense to not publish it.

And, he wants to CONTINUE counseling? So at least he's IN counseling. That's... progress, I guess.

I think the takeaway here is that his team has told him the NFL wants him to be remorseful per Robinson’s case, so here it is. I think the “indefinite” portion is their big fear, so perhaps in their mind that removes that. I think 12 games is best case scenario for him, but maybe I’m wrong.

14 hours ago, brownie man said:

Because Harvey isn’t going to give him a year. There’s no precedent for it. Harvey can’t just be a yes man he’s got an entire career. You can’t compromise your integrity just to make the NFL happy. 

He’s making more money outside of the nfl and for his practice than the league is paying him. He won’t get Deshaun an indefinite suspension im 99.9 percent sure. 

He’s giving the league an opportunity to negotiate to save face. My guess is Harvey is ready to give him 12 games. 

Why would the league have picked someone to do this that wouldn't be a yes man and would force them to "negotiate to save face"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think the takeaway here is that his team has told him the NFL wants him to be remorseful per Robinson’s case, so here it is. I think the “indefinite” portion is their big fear, so perhaps in their mind that removes that. I think 12 games is best case scenario for him, but maybe I’m wrong.

Too little, too late if you ask me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Too little, too late if you ask me.

Oh I agree, but it’s optics and a “see I showed remorse” card for the appeal/removing the indefinite portion. If all cases are settled and no new ones arise, they won’t really be able to prove remorse or lack thereof.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I mean he never denied anything happened, he always said everything was consensual. At the same time he clearly has a problem and needs to address that, which he’s doing. Beyond that everything else is he said, she said. 

He did what some were hoping he did, obviously still not enough for them because they want him to suffer.