Most people on this forum eat bad food

I started a diet in April, right after Easter weekend.     Started at 211.    As of today Im at 177.   Ate Taco Bell in a pinch yesterday, but Ive been in a calorie deficit all week and I hardly eat out anymore.

Looking back over the last 10 or 12 years, I tended to eat healthier when I was in relationships, but as soon as they ended, I was eating garbage all the time.

I finally decided to change that and bought two things that really changed my eating habits for good...

A Ninja mini blender and Ninja Foodi 12 in 1.  Blender got me into drinking high protein, high fiber smoothies everyday, and Foodi for weekly meal prep. When I was younger and working out alot, I always did the chicken breast (on the George Foreman), broccoli and rice, but I cant do that anymore.   Id go nuts eating that like that again, because it was the same things over and over.    Foodi opened up alot of things.   Also got alot of anabolic recipes from Remington James on YouTube.

Still dont eat perfect, but I dropped 34 lbs in 4 months, and my diet is as clean as its been in almost 10 years.    Gonna try to maintain weight at 170-175 going forward.   Average weight the last 5 years has been about 200 (at 6'2).      

• Like 6

14 hours ago, 43M said:

I started a diet in April, right after Easter weekend.     Started at 211.    As of today Im at 177.   Ate Taco Bell in a pinch yesterday, but Ive been in a calorie deficit all week and I hardly eat out anymore.

Looking back over the last 10 or 12 years, I tended to eat healthier when I was in relationships, but as soon as they ended, I was eating garbage all the time.

I finally decided to change that and bought two things that really changed my eating habits for good...

A Ninja mini blender and Ninja Foodi 12 in 1.  Blender got me into drinking high protein, high fiber smoothies everyday, and Foodi for weekly meal prep. When I was younger and working out alot, I always did the chicken breast (on the George Foreman), broccoli and rice, but I cant do that anymore.   Id go nuts eating that like that again, because it was the same things over and over.    Foodi opened up alot of things.   Also got alot of anabolic recipes from Remington James on YouTube.

Still dont eat perfect, but I dropped 34 lbs in 4 months, and my diet is as clean as its been in almost 10 years.    Gonna try to maintain weight at 170-175 going forward.   Average weight the last 5 years has been about 200 (at 6'2).      

Let’s goooooo!!!! Good work man! Be proud of that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 43M said:

Dedication right here. 

I’m 33 so I wanna get back into weight lifting and get a nice body while I can. I’m in shape, but I want to add a lot more muscle mass. Once you’re in your late 30’s, testosterone is much lower and building muscle and retaining muscle is a lot harder. Now or never.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dedication right here. 

I’m 33 so I wanna get back into weight lifting and get a nice body while I can. I’m in shape, but I want to add a lot more muscle mass. Once you’re in your late 30’s, testosterone is much loser and building muscle and retaining muscle is a lot harder. Now or never.

I just hit 40 in June and Im having trouble with lower belly fat.    I do calisthenics and light lifting.   Jacked up knees and left shoulder from military, so I cant do heavy compound excercises anymore like squats and deadlifts, so options are a bit limited.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 43M said:

I just hit 40 in June and Im having trouble with lower belly fat.    I do calisthenics and light lifting.   Jacked up knees and left shoulder from military, so I cant do heavy compound excercises anymore like squats and deadlifts, so options are a bit limited.

Very similar situation here. Knees are gone from years of surgeries and wear and tear. I’ve had to essentially bike a lot and that’s been very helpful in the belly fat and lower abdominal muscle area. Squats and deadlifts are completely out now.

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Very similar situation here. Knees are gone from years of surgeries and wear and tear. I’ve had to essentially bike a lot and that’s been very helpful in the belly fat and lower abdominal muscle area. Squats and deadlifts are completely out now.

Y'all's absolute best bet is intermittent fasting and limiting carbs.

Biking, light hiking are the best forms of exercise. Keeping fat off is more important than building muscle.

Edited by biggie.

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Y'all's absolute best bet is intermittent fasting and limiting carbs.

Yep. I’ve been doing both for a couple years now.

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Biking, light hiking are the best forms of exercise.

Biking 2-3 days for cardio and I still lift 3-4 days a week, I just have to do the leg press/modified squat machine instead now and no deadlifts at all. Just good mornings.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:55 AM, MWil23 said:

Squats and deadlifts are completely out now.

I’m actually able to do these now. I got platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections back in May - complete game changer, legit no knee pain at all.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

I’m actually able to do these now. I got platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections back in May - complete game changer, legit no knee pain at all.

I haven't tried that route yet. Did your insurance cover it? I know at one point it was iffy on that end. I'm 90% pain free now doing this eating and exercise routine. I feel it once in a while if I overdo it on leg day, but man biking has been a positive game changer for me on that end.

I was talking to a guy I know who almost died earlier this year. He’s only 45. He had to have emergency surgery to have part of his colon removed. He was complaining about how he has to eat green vegetables now, which he can’t stand, because of the state of his digestive system. I was thinking he wouldn’t have had this problem in the first place had he eaten healthy foods to begin with. I’m at the point in my life where my health is really important to me, and as such, it is not hard at all to eat healthy foods. They even taste better than they used to. I’m thankful for that.

• Like 4

On 8/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, MWil23 said:

I haven't tried that route yet. Did your insurance cover it? I know at one point it was iffy on that end. I'm 90% pain free now doing this eating and exercise routine. I feel it once in a while if I overdo it on leg day, but man biking has been a positive game changer for me on that end.

It was out of pocket cost - ran up to about $600 for both knees and my right ankle. Not cheap, but not expensive, y'know?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...