What is something that is accepted by society that you find creepy/weird?

biggie.

- People thinking chicken parm or excessively cheesy lasagne or Italian beef sandwiches etc are actually examples of Italian food

- People claiming they are [enter other nationality here], whilst being the product of two Americans who have never even been to [X country]. It's your ancestry, not your nationality. "I'm Irish", no you're American. 

- Have you noticed the dudes walking around streets playing their music loud from speakers now? What happened to ear phones? Why do we all have to listen to your ish music? That one really bugs me. Should be punishable.

For a football one..I find it a bit strange that you often get comments on how the players look as the top line in the 'strengths' section. For example; "Rocked up frame, highly defined quads and boulder shoulders". Well.....Vernon Gholston had all that....weird

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is pretty much why i went back to school to redirect myself toward something that i can physically do when i'm older.  It's just a reality that i'm gonna be working until i die.  But also hopefully something that i don't truly despise and might actually even want to do on some sort of basis at that point.  Something where i can maybe find interesting pursuits and challenges within it.

But the whole thing is absolutely absurd.  Literally just living to work.  So you can afford to retire and die.

I gave way too many of the prime years of my life to stupid waste of time bull**** that was way beneath what i'm productively capable of.  Real efficient system.

I think my mindset and everything changed for me when my son was born last year. We work from 9-5p and then he gets home from daycare. We have from 5pm-7pm, 2 hours each day to spend time with him. Thats it. I get to see my 1 year old for 1.5-2 hours a day when he is not sleeping or at daycare and its not enough.

Also, watching my parents at 63 go through the retirement process right now. It seems miserable. Its like watching them go through a second mid-life crisis with planning, freaking out over healthcare, if they have enough money, ect. It just a situation I dont want to find myself in which is causing me to go crazy at 33 trying to have a plan for the next 20 years

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

I think it's a little weird wearing a polo shirt with the pro sports team logo on it unless you work for the team. If you don't, it's a weird combination of trying to dress it up a little but also being really sporty by having the logo on there. I don't like it.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think my mindset and everything changed for me when my son was born last year. We work from 9-5p and then he gets home from daycare. We have from 5pm-7pm, 2 hours each day to spend time with him. Thats it. I get to see my 1 year old for 1.5-2 hours a day when he is not sleeping or at daycare and its not enough.

Also, watching my parents at 63 go through the retirement process right now. It seems miserable. Its like watching them go through a second mid-life crisis with planning, freaking out over healthcare, if they have enough money, ect. It just a situation I dont want to find myself in which is causing me to go crazy at 33 trying to have a plan for the next 20 years

What do you do on that weekend?

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

What do you do on that weekend?

Family stuff but with them being so young and malleable I wish it was more than relying on the 2 days of the weekends. I assume this will all change though when the kids get older and are able to stay awake until 8-9p. Just sucks right now.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah.  I can see having a kid rearranging some things and making you look at the world differently.

Personally, i find that i barely have enough time in a day to keep myself alive half the time.  Much less another dependent human being.

58 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I can see having a kid rearranging some things and making you look at the world differently.

Personally, i find that i barely have enough time in a day to keep myself alive half the time.  Much less another dependent human being.

haha aint that the truth. I try my best on the weekends to go golfing here and there for 'mental health' more than anything since Mon-Fri is such a cluster****

On 3/3/2023 at 11:26 AM, AkronsWitness said:

There are so many ways around it but unfortunately nothing will change. Retirement should be 50. You had my work/time from 16-50 years old, I want 50-85 years old to live. Even split. We all pay enough money in taxes to make it happen within the budget, but we would rather spend those tax dollars on......other things besides the lives of the people who earned it.

Im desperately trying to get out by the time Im 50-55 (33 now). Ill do anything and go on whatever business venture I have to (Ive already done 2). Walking into a cooperate office building at 60 years old to sit behind a desk for 40hrs a week is just not something I can even think about doing with my life. It aint happening, get me out.

Im just doing my retirement while i work.

I dont care to save any money because when im old, my needs will be meager

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 1:24 PM, oaktownOG said:

voicemails

I can't tell if i love or hate voicemails.

It's the worst process in the world leaving them.

But it's also the most hilarious process in the world listening to them.

Plus...it's still better than a text or email.

On 5/10/2023 at 9:23 AM, Tugboat said:

I can't tell if i love or hate voicemails.

It's the worst process in the world leaving them.

But it's also the most hilarious process in the world listening to them.

Plus...it's still better than a text or email.

I hate expecting to leave a voicemail and then they answer. Throws me off 100%. Plan on calling and leaving one then they answer. I know there are two options but sometimes it still gets me. lol

On 5/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, Sugashane said:

I hate expecting to leave a voicemail and then they answer. Throws me off 100%. Plan on calling and leaving one then they answer. I know there are two options but sometimes it still gets me. lol

Just pretend you got the machine and leave a message anyway

Balls in their court

• 2 weeks later...

On the flip side, something that isn’t common practice but should be: fat people should be required by law to announce “nobody better go in there for 15 minutes” every time they’re seen exiting a public restroom. For no other reason than to make me laugh every time. 

• Like 1