Who's Packers End Will Come First - Love or Rodgers?

Mr Anonymous

Who's Packers End Will Come First - Love or Rodgers?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will cease being a Green Bay Packer first?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Jordan Love

39 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Quite frankly I didn't answer your question because it didn't deserve to be answered.   It was a simple shot taken. 

--Then I'll answer, he lost last year and looked poor in doing so.  He won one divisional game two years ago and lost a tough one against the Bucs.  A game I think he should have won had he made a big play towards the end of the game.

I'll grant you that if Love has thrown that pass hundreds to thousands of times he has completed it a couple of times.  But certainly not a high percentage of the time.---What?  You know that is a staple route, right?  I'll give you this, Eittling made a great throw with an even better catch on the play.  But let's not think for a second that a kid with Love's arm talent cannot make that throw, against air, in his sleep.  And if a defender is there?  Yah, I'd venture a guess that he is just as likely to complete it in that situation as Eittling is.

The problem in the playoffs was much more an issue of OL play than QB play.    We would have lost by a bunch with Love turning the ball over against the kind of pressure SF applied.    Remember that grading scale again if Rodgers gets hurt.   The only way Love gets to play in a playoff game is if the injury that takes Rodgers out of the lineup is late enough in the season that the Packers still qualify for the playoffs.

--Sounds like a Rodgers apologist.  And that is fine.  He is a 3X MVP and a truly amazing if not generational talent.  And the line did have issues towards the end.  But, here's the deal.  Rodgers was the MVP.  Most valuable player in the league.  2X and running.   And he scored 10 points at home off of a bye.  He's not been very good in the playoffs recently.  I've certainly expected a lot more out of him than what we've gotten.

What evidence is there that Love is anything more than a career backup QB?   He is inaccurate.   Has been inaccurate with his passes in every appearance he has made.   

--What evidence is there that Love won't be a 3X MVP?  We don't know.  Josh Allen was wildly inaccurate until he started for 27 games.  STARTED!  

I just can't understand supposed Packer fans rooting for rodgers to be gone.   He may not be a guy I want to be friends with, but we are lucky to have him as the QB of our football team.    There is a group here who blames him for everything that goes wrong including the last 2 playoff losses while ignoring the performance of the rest of the team.  These same people watch Love mess the bed and type posts about how promising he is.   

--Because at Rodgers age, experience and contract, you expect him to be better when it counts.  And quite frankly, he hasn't lived up to his regular season stats, experience or contract in the playoffs recently.  He's amazing in the regular season, no doubt.  But when the going gets tough.....   Heck, even the national media has caught up to his playoff collapses now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, craig said:

Vegas, I don't imagine a GM is likely to go all-in and bank-his-career on Love.  But, there are teams that don't have an answer, so they take a moderate-cost shot.  Mariotta is an example.  Pittsburgh gave Trubisky a $14/2 deal.  A couple years back, Indy gave Jacoby Brissett a shot.  So, seems to me that GM's who have really nothing at QB might have some interest in a low-cost take-a-shot compete-for-the-job opportunity with Love.  Matt Flynn got a pretty solid take-a-shot offer, and obviously lost the job to Russell Wilson.  Maybe Love could get some opportunity like Flynn or Brissett, maybe he'd lose the job in camp to some other who-knows guy like Flynn did.  But not every team has good options, and sometimes a take-a-shot flyer is better than nothing.  

Not saying you are wrong....

Am saying look at who was coming out in the draft.

If a team is just outside the top 10...and chooses Love over packaging picks for a highly touted QB...well....

Look at Pagano that year.  I think the year Brissett took over, Watson went at pick 12, Mahomes at 10.   I think the Colts picked 15.

Pagano was fired after 2017.  Maybe he would still have a job had the Colts traded up.

But...tis all fun to speculate.

I can concede, maybe Love gets a Flynn or Brissett or Mariotta type deal.  Maybe.

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are . . . Are you implying that he should have thrown a soft ball with, in your own words, "two defenders right behind the receiver"?

How is that a tough catch? If his hands weren't in the way, it may well have gotten stuck in his damn facemask. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2022/08/13/jordan-love-three-interceptions-packers-49ers/

Here you can all judge for yourself.  All 3 picks...

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A ball that hit the receiver in the hands and was secured was 50/50? It's Doubs. He needs to finish the catch. That's part of being an NFL receiver. 

Aaron ******* Rodgers isn't good enough to win playoff games recently. Love will be just fine with game reps. 

For the first time since he's been a Packer, he absolutely showed all he is lacking opportunity/repetitions, not talent or the ability to process. 

BTW, @AlexGreen#20when are you going to post your breakdown of the next 20 plays from Friday's game. I enjoy reading those posts. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hitnhope said:

some of the same people that repetitively criticize Rodgers for every throw that is not perfect, or questionable decision making, are the same people making excuses for Love.   

Rodgers makes 50 million and has played for ages. He's a first ballot walk in.

The other dude has like 75 NFL passes or whatever it is.

Yes, the bar is higher. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

For the first time since he's been a Packer, he absolutely showed all he is lacking opportunity/repetitions, not talent or the ability to process. 

BTW, @AlexGreen#20when are you going to post your breakdown of the next 20 plays from Friday's game. I enjoy reading those posts. 

Probably tomorrow, I've got so much dumb **** going on this week it's ridiculous

I'll be curious to see how much game time Rodgers and Love get the rest of the way.

2 preseason games left.  You want to get Love as much time as you can, at the same time you don't want Rodgers going into week 1 with little game experience with his new WRs, and rusty like their opener last year.  

I'd probably let Love play the whole game 2, give Rodgers the first half of game 3 and let Love finish up.  Etling would be done with game action under this scenario, but we'll see how it actually plays out.

42 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'll be curious to see how much game time Rodgers and Love get the rest of the way.

2 preseason games left.  You want to get Love as much time as you can, at the same time you don't want Rodgers going into week 1 with little game experience with his new WRs, and rusty like their opener last year.  

I'd probably let Love play the whole game 2, give Rodgers the first half of game 3 and let Love finish up.  Etling would be done with game action under this scenario, but we'll see how it actually plays out.

I'm all for Rodgers first snap being week 1 of the regular season. Same for about 20 other guys as well. I want Love to play 3/4 of each of the next two preseason games. Give Elting a quarter in each. IF he's practice squad eligible, he will clear waivers and we'd have no problem getting him back. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm all for Rodgers first snap being week 1 of the regular season. Same for about 20 other guys as well. I want Love to play 3/4 of each of the next two preseason games. Give Elting a quarter in each. IF he's practice squad eligible, he will clear waivers and we'd have no problem getting him back. 

People can bring up the week one stinker last year and it still doesn't sway my opinion. I think what they are doing in practice against each other is fine enough vs vanilla defenses and offensive play calls. I get the "game experience" argument, but in the end being healthy game one is the winner for me. I doubt Rodgers is playing any pre-season snaps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Teams can have 6 players on their PS who are eligible no matter how long they've been in the NFL. The other 10 cannot have more than 2 accrued seasons.  

Edited by Brat&Beer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

People can bring up the week one stinker last year and it still doesn't sway my opinion. I think what they are doing in practice against each other is fine enough vs vanilla defenses and offensive play calls. I get the "game experience" argument, but in the end being healthy game one is the winner for me. I doubt Rodgers is playing any pre-season snaps

Right there it is @Toddfather!

The season is a grind enough for these guys to stay healthy enough to play. No since playing with fire because if Rodgers is playing all the guys who protect him and play with him on offense are playing too. NONE Of them should be playing. Let's get ready for week 1 and let the play on the field determine the bottom of the rosters.