Who's Packers End Will Come First - Love or Rodgers?

Mr Anonymous

Who's Packers End Will Come First - Love or Rodgers?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will cease being a Green Bay Packer first?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Jordan Love

3 hours ago, craig said:

That particular throw was a weird one, because the defender was totally in front of Amari, and Love made a perfect direct throw to the defender; he could hardly have made a more direct and perfect throw to the defender. 

Does anybody have an explanation of what Love was trying to do, or what he thought he was seeing? 

I don't know what he was thinking or seeing or processing, really?  Did he simply *not* see the guy, and thought that was an un-mirrored Amari?   Was he just not looking/seeing at all, and his pre/early-snap read just assumed no defense would play that area, so he was clueless that a defender was perfectly front-mirroring Amari?  Was it just two blurry bodies in his mind's eye, but he just blurrily assumed Amari was under not over; that the defender was actually Amari and that Amari was actually the defender?  Or did he see it all just fine, but was actually intending the throw to be outside the reach of the defender, four-feet over, anticipating Amari to break away laterally from the defender?  He saw the guy fine, and meant to throw it outside the defender's reach, but Love just missed his spot and shot the defender in the chest instead? 

Whatever the other possible targets were doing wrongly that left Love identifying Amari as his most open target is a separate issue.  But I just kinda have zero idea what Love was really processing when he throw it at that guy's chest?  

He did the Rodgers thing where he saw the DBs head was turned and tried to rifle it in behind him. 

It's a high risk throw because sometimes the DB turns around and finds the ball in time to pick it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He did the Rodgers thing where he saw the DBs head was turned and tried to rifle it in behind him. 

It's a high risk throw because sometimes the DB turns around and finds the ball in time to pick it. 

I was going to add the same thing, Rodgers comment is something along the lines of 'if you can see the numbers on the back of a DB the WR is open'. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If true, I find this encouraging that Love is seeing this on the field already.

Thanks, guys.  Fun to process, listen, see more carefully, and to learn the game and nuances better.  

Sometimes people say message boards never change minds or teach people stuff.  To the contrary, I often learn lots and lots.  So thanks!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, craig said:

Thanks, guys.  Fun to process, listen, see more carefully, and to learn the game and nuances better.  

Sometimes people say message boards never change minds or teach people stuff.  To the contrary, I often learn lots and lots.  So thanks!

I don't know if I should feel proud or sorry?  Probably a 30/70 mixture.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Probably a better route as well for a 6'5" guy like Lazard rather than a 4'5" guy like Amari...

Edited by packfanfb

6 hours ago, craig said:

Sandy, the Doubs play, like Amari, was a 3rd down.  You're going to punt on 4th down and turn it over.  Totally appropriate to take a somewhat risky throw on 3rd down, rather than play no-risk and punt, no?  Plus the probability of that attempted throw turning into a catch-and-strip interception is vanishingly small.  The risk was mostly that it would be an incomplete pass followed by punt, which is no worse than making no attempt whatsoever followed by punt.  

Guess I'm a bit of a stickler for field position. I say take the punt, pin your opponent inside the 15 and try to get the ball back to your offense at midfield. But I do also respect the more aggressive mindset.

4 hours ago, craig said:

Man, fully agree. I was on here in college and then not again for about a decade later...those two stretches of time are my most aware as a football fan.

7 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Guess I'm a bit of a stickler for field position. I say take the punt, pin your opponent inside the 15 and try to get the ball back to your offense at midfield. But I do also respect the more aggressive mindset.

Okay McCarthy/Mike Sherman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Would you punt on 4th and 1 on the opponents 45 yard line ?

I doubt the Packers pick up Love's 5th year option, but I do think he stands a pretty fair chance of inking a new deal sometime next year to remain in GB.  I'm sure there would be provisions to pay him well if he becomes the starter.  Most people seem to think that Rodgers will play at least this season and next, so Love could be looking at a starting gig in 2024.  I'm sure he would like to start for someone soon, but it doesn't appear he has any real suitors at this time.  His best bet might be to just put in his time behind Aaron and then take over when he leaves.  His best chance for future success is probably to remain in GB.

• Like 1