Who's Packers End Will Come First - Love or Rodgers?

Mr Anonymous

Who's Packers End Will Come First - Love or Rodgers?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will cease being a Green Bay Packer first?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Jordan Love

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

NF4uce2.jpg

This is the ball you're saying is too high risk or has questionable placement?

Way to still shot it.  Why didn't you watch the play live?  Sure can tell about the velocity of that throw with a still shot hey?  Threw a rocket ball with two defenders right behind the receiver. Went off of his fingers and got picked.  Technically not his fault but that would have been a tough catch.  

7 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Way to still shot it.  Why didn't you watch the play live?  Sure can tell about the velocity of that throw with a still shot hey?  Threw a rocket ball with two defenders right behind the receiver. Went off of his fingers and got picked.  Technically not his fault but that would have been a tough catch.  

BS. All slants are thrown hard, they have to be and in the red zone there is always someone there to hit you. 

That’s the kind of play that gets a TE/WR cut. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Are . . . Are you implying that he should have thrown a soft ball with, in your own words, "two defenders right behind the receiver"?

How is that a tough catch? If his hands weren't in the way, it may well have gotten stuck in his damn facemask. 

9 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Looks to me like the tight end is already looking at the defenders instead of looking the ball in.

If you are going to rip on Love, I KNOW you can find better plays to point out than this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

BS. All slants are thrown hard, they have to be and in the red zone there is always someone there to hit you. 

That’s the kind of play that gets a TE/WR cut. 

When it happened, Rock got really...quiet.  Said, almost under his breath, that it was a catch that needed to be made by an NFL player.

First pick was 100 percent on Tyler Davis.  Hands of stone!

Second pick was 60/40 on Doubs.  Bad throw, but Doubs had the ball secured and got it stolen away.

Third pick was probably 100 percent on Love.  DB had his back turned when Love unleashed it, but Amari wasn't even close to being open, and the ball wasn't placed in a good spot.  Got to go somewhere else with that ball.  Bad decision.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

First pick was 100 percent on Tyler Davis.  Hands of stone!

Second pick was 60/40 on Doubs.  Bad throw, but Doubs had the ball secured and got it stolen away.

Third pick was probably 100 percent on Love.  DB had his back turned when Love unleashed it, but Amari wasn't even close to being open, and the ball wasn't placed in a good spot.  Got to go somewhere else with that ball.  Bad decision. I'm

That second one was 95% Doubs. He needs to grip that ball. It got yanked out by one hand. 

And yeah #3 was on Love, but LaFleur has said that the other receivers misread the coverage, so that Amari was the only real target on that play. It was also 3rd and 9 not yet in field goal range. 

It wasn't the worst time to take a risk. 

9 hours ago, craig said:

Interesting poll, anonymous.  I voted Love, as you suggested because Rodgers is good, and Rodgers has a multi-year contract.

The discussion has focused around what Love is or isn't. 

But I kinda feel like the answer hinges more on Rodgers. How do I know when he's going to elect to walk away?  Love isn't going to push him out.  

I dont see Rodgers walking away at least until his contract is up.  A major injury could change that, but there's too much coin on the table, and he's still hungry.  

Love has a couple of games to show out.  It won't be enough to make the Packers reconsider what Rodgers brings IMO.  

I wish Love had made this a tough call, but he hasn't.  Hes a mediocre QB, who can get better but I'm not sure how much better he's going to get?  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Nobody knows how good Love should be yet outside of the org. 

All the kid has done since being drafted is get better little by little every year.  He's kept working and kept his mouth shut.

We knew he was a project coming in.  We knew covid would hurt his development and we were not confusing him with someone who had the skills to come in and play at a high level right away.

I'm fine with where he is at.

I don't much care about his contract.  Giving him a backup contract with escalators for playing time is a fine strategy.  The only question I would have about that strategy is if Love would go for it.

• Like 3

Also it is helpful for all of us to remember that Jordan Love is only 23 years old. He is younger than Kenny Pickett and only slightly older than Malik Willis who both were just drafted. He probably should get a longer leash than most rookie contracts based solely on how young he is. 

Edited by SpeightTheVillain
  • Like 2

It'll be interesting when his contract is up. The 5th year option is not an option based on what we've seen so far.

You also obviously want to bring him back for a second contract since he has improved each season, knows the offense and hopefully can compete to start when AR is done.

But what if the Bears or Panthers of the world have a big hole at QB and cap space to burn on a risk? 

I still want to see what Clements can do with him.     I think his decision making is getting much better, but his accuracy needs a lot of work.    Those passes out to the flat are gimmees,  gotta hit those.   You also need to have Davis catching that ball,  high schoolers make that catch.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It'll be interesting when his contract is up. The 5th year option is not an option based on what we've seen so far.

You also obviously want to bring him back for a second contract since he has improved each season, knows the offense and hopefully can compete to start when AR is done.

But what if the Bears or Panthers of the world have a big hole at QB and cap space to burn on a risk? 

Agree, 5'th year is not an option at this point and time.

If teams like the above are still bad at QB and not winning games, then they simply draft their next QB and get him on a rookie deal.  Neither of those teams, and dare I say any other team is saying this...."We are Jordan Love away from being really good."

And that is the issue.  He's got more value here than anywhere else.  He's be wise to say, but I couldn't blame him if he got a little impatient and wanted more opportunity after this year.