Deadpool 2

devils1854

I don't think it was as good as the original, but it was still a great movie. Josh Brolin should be in all Marvel movies going forward...

Also, did Stan Lee not make a cameo in this one? I don't recall seeing it.

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't think it was as good as the original, but it was still a great movie. Josh Brolin should be in all Marvel movies going forward...

Also, did Stan Lee not make a cameo in this one? I don't recall seeing it.

It was more of a meta cameo - his likeness was graffiti on the wall when Domino was parachuting in.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

It was more of a meta cameo - his likeness was graffiti on the wall when Domino was parachuting in.  

Yeah, just read that somewhere. Either Lee is considering his cameo in the trailer as his contribution, or it might be too stressful to get him frequently (I read he did his Thor, Black Panther and IW cameos within days of each other).

Can't blame a 95 year old for wanting to rest from a hectic movie schedule...

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, just read that somewhere. Either Lee is considering his cameo in the trailer as his contribution, or it might be too stressful to get him frequently (I read he did his Thor, Black Panther and IW cameos within days of each other).

Can't blame a 95 year old for wanting to rest from a hectic movie schedule...

Unfortunately, I think Stan Lee is nearing the end.  I can only imagine how immeasurably satisfying it must be for him to see the MCU become what it is today, and how many people are so invested in it.  Maybe not on the larger national sense, but he's definitely one of the cultural icons of my lifetime.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Unfortunately, I think Stan Lee is nearing the end.  I can only imagine how immeasurably satisfying it must be for him to see the MCU become what it is today, and how many people are so invested in it.  Maybe not on the larger national sense, but he's definitely one of the cultural icons of my lifetime.

I brought this up in another thread, but I'll be legitimately heartbroken when Lee does pass. It looks like he lived a long and fulfilling life, but it'll still hurt.

I'm assuming they've already filmed a "so long, friends" type post credit scenes to insert into the movie released following his passing - I know I'll end up giving that a standing ovation when it hits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 12:32 PM, cddolphin said:

Didn't see the first, younger brothers wanted to go see this one. I think the only other Marvel universe film I've seen was the original Avengers and the first Spiderman triology.

Quite funny, a couple skits fell flat for me, but plenty of jokes / one-liners had me laughing out loud (theater was packed, added to the experience).

I enjoyed the action and wasn't bored while watching. That fiancee was hot lava.

I thought the movie lacked a signficant antagonist and the story fell a little flat.

3/5 pretty good way to spend a couple hours

Almost identical scenario for me last night. I haven't seen the first, my younger brother wanted to see it again, so we went and I thought is was amusing in parts with the humor while at other times I was just sort of watching to go through the motions. Not a bad film but not one I was particularly eager to see or watch again.

• 1 month later...

So it got released on Blu ray and digital. I enjoyed that the Super Duper Cut isn't just some extra scenes, but they actually changed many of the jokes and made some of the scenes seem fresh.

11 hours ago, pwny said:

So it got released on Blu ray and digital. I enjoyed that the Super Duper Cut isn't just some extra scenes, but they actually changed many of the jokes and made some of the scenes seem fresh.

It actually comes out on blu-ray on Tuesday. It's coming out with an extended cut, entitled "Super Duper Cut".

I hear it also teases a Deadpool-Wolverine team-up, but since they're already gonna be recasting all the X-Men, anyway after the Disney-Fox deal, they might as well wait until they find a new actor for Wolvie in the MCU.

If Deadpool does a team-up I hope it's with Spiderman, their comics together are really fantastic and hilarious. 

I hope they don't recast Wolverine anytime soon, Jackman was too iconic to replace in the role so soon. I'd much rather just see X-23 get a shot.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:55 AM, THE DUKE said:

Especially when Disney finally got all of his prized properties under one roof in acquiring the X-Men and Fantastic Four and he actually lived to see it happen. Hell of a way to go out.

8 hours ago, Geek said:

If Deadpool does a team-up I hope it's with Spiderman, their comics together are really fantastic and hilarious. 

I hope they don't recast Wolverine anytime soon, Jackman was too iconic to replace in the role so soon. I'd much rather just see X-23 get a shot.

Agreed on hugh

• 1 month later...

Archived