The 2022 Jacoby Brissett Thread

brownie man

How will Jacoby play in general this year?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Jacoby's will do this year?

• He'll perform better than his career average
    • He'll perform about his career average
    • He'll perform below his career average

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I did say I thought Jacoby would have his best year and also that he was being underrated 😂 

but stats don’t tell the whole story he messed up at times for sure.  I do think he played his best ball though even if it doesn’t show in the win column. Not by much but he played fairly well. 

I think the untimely picks really were the most defining part of his year. He was careful with the ball but his interceptions came at the worst times. But he was good enough to still give us a chance. That’s what I hoped for.  

That's who he has always been and what was expected. I always saw him as a fringe starter/great backup and I still see him that way.

The losses aren't all on him. I expected better than 4-7 while he started but he played as expected, the defense took a nosedive from what they did the 2nd half of last season. Joe Woods needs to get his defense going and I expect we'll all be saying that for the next 20 years. The defense has under-performed more than 80% of his tenure. There is no reason why he is still here so I see no reason he will ever leave.

28 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That's who he has always been and what was expected. I always saw him as a fringe starter/great backup and I still see him that way.

The losses aren't all on him. I expected better than 4-7 while he started but he played as expected, the defense took a nosedive from what they did the 2nd half of last season. Joe Woods needs to get his defense going and I expect we'll all be saying that for the next 20 years. The defense has under-performed more than 80% of his tenure. There is no reason why he is still here so I see no reason he will ever leave.

4 wins 7 pro bowlers on offense talk about underperforming

I thought it might be fun if he resurrected his career somewhere else. It doesn’t look like it’s working out for him. At this point, he can put in the work and try to latch on and resurrect his career as a journeyman. Or, he could be out of the league pretty soon.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I thought it might be fun if he resurrected his career somewhere else. It doesn’t look like it’s working out for him. At this point, he can put in the work and try to latch on and resurrect his career as a journeyman. Or, he could be out of the league pretty soon.

Excellent point 

Going to be interesting would like to see him on Pittsburgh or the Jets or Detroit 

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

he makes more money out of football now. They will pay him 4-5 million to talk on the TV about college football. 

The only reason he will be in the league next year is if he loves football. 

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

he makes more money out of football now. They will pay him 4-5 million to talk on the TV about college football. 

The only reason he will be in the league next year is if he loves football. 

Gosh, imagine all the trouble he would find himself in back on the road around all those college girls.