2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

2 hours ago, Troublez said:

He is doing next level stuff out there- stuff I've never seen in other QBs at the collegiate level. He's a monster but isnt getting any attention b/c Texas fans looking past him for Manning.

Honest question, have you guys watched him yet?

Yes & he got knocked out of the game.

Let me know when he throws for 573 yds & 6 TDs in a game like CJ Stroud or does the things that Michael Vick, Lamar Jackson & RG3 used to do in college.

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes & he got knocked out of the game.

Let me know when he throws for 573 yds & 6 TDs in a game like CJ Stroud or does the things that Michael Vick, Lamar Jackson & RG3 used to do in college.

Stats don't really matter - otherwise you'd still be screaming Colt Brennan's name on Sundays. Ewers is gritty, works through professions well, accurate, and his pre snap reads are nice.... he's making no look throws. I guess to me that's what most impressive, all the intangibles - but just my opinion.  Just a player name I tossed in the thread from watching ball on Saturdays.

3 hours ago, Troublez said:

Stats don't really matter - otherwise you'd still be screaming Colt Brennan's name on Sundays. Ewers is gritty, works through professions well, accurate, and his pre snap reads are nice.... he's making no look throws. I guess to me that's what most impressive, all the intangibles - but just my opinion.  Just a player name I tossed in the thread from watching ball on Saturdays.

Colt Brennan did it in the Mountain West, not in a better defensive conference than the Big 12 & those stats are from the Rosebowl when Stroud played w/o Olave & Garrett Wilson last year against a great Utah defense with Devin Lloyd leading it.

Don’t get me wrong I like what Ewers is showing us, I was taken aback by the statement that he’s doing next-level stuff.

if the next level stuff is going through progressions & making pre snap reads, QBs have done that for decades. Pat Mahomes was making crazy throws years ago. Again, Ewers is playing well, it’s awesome, he may be the #1 draft pick in next years draft but I don’t know that he’s doing stuff we’ve never seen in college before.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Colt Brennan did it in the Mountain West, not in a better defensive conference than the Big 12 & those stats are from the Rosebowl when Stroud played w/o Olave & Garrett Wilson last year against a great Utah defense with Devin Lloyd leading it.

Don’t get me wrong I like what Ewers is showing us, I was taken aback by the statement that he’s doing next-level stuff.

if the next level stuff is going through progressions & making pre snap reads, QBs have done that for decades. Pat Mahomes was making crazy throws years ago. Again, Ewers is playing well, it’s awesome, he may be the #1 draft pick in next years draft but I don’t know that he’s doing stuff we’ve never seen in college before.

Yea, I have just never seen a qb with such talent. And I watch a lot of ball.... 

One of the things that’s really going to suck is that the rest of the NFCE winning at this crazy rate is going to force our strength of schedule up — which means we’ll be picking toward the bottom of any segment of teams in the draft. 

In other words, it’s going to make us lose the tiebreaker with most teams that have the same record as us. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

One of the things that’s really going to suck is that the rest of the NFCE winning at this crazy rate is going to force our strength of schedule up — which means we’ll be picking toward the bottom of any segment of teams in the draft. 

In other words, it’s going to make us lose the tiebreaker with most teams that have the same record as us. 

Nothing new. We’ll screw our future up somehow & then half of the fanbase will wonder why we’re never better than mediocre.

• Like 1