2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

33 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If your not watching the teams on internet services these schools don’t get much air time. All of them when you watch will stand out in every game because the level of compitition. But they will look to belong when they play their biggest game of the year.

You’re right. Most of us aren’t doing it like you though. Your effort is bigger than ours!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Dotson would be killing it with above average OL play. Because I think it’s clear Wentz can get him the ball and also trusts him. The truth is the chemistry is there with Wentz. Carson hasn’t been great but as young as the connection and timing and everything if we could actually run and protect the QB I think Dotson would have double his yards and 30% more catches on the year. Jahan is going to be the guy from this class. I think the TE position with fast quick precise WR’s is a good thing.
We just aren’t using them in sync because we can’t protect. Much less Scott isn’t feeling the situations with his calls and Carson just isn’t playing comfortable. I mean it’s not like these guys have had years to know each other and how to correct things on the fly. They are atleast getting the reps in but if everything is just going to get axed this offseason it’s for nothing. I hope something changes in the trenches on offense. Even if it is just improvement in the run game where teams can’t just drop 8 in coverage because they have to respect play action. I think Robinson could really change things in that faucet. That said coaches have to do much better at maximizing the strengths to the personel on the field in every situation. I hope for this team they do because the team has talent . Hopefully whatever is holding them back gets handled.

Dotson has been better than I expected but it was more that the team needed a bigger WR and there were options available later. Last year's WR draft class is shaping up to be a great one.  I can't wait to see what B. Robinson this weekend. I thought Jonathan Williams ran great last week as well. I really think our offensive line problems are more of a Carson Wentz thing as our offensive line opened up some running lanes last week. 

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, taylor made said:

Dotson has been better than I expected but it was more that the team needed a bigger WR and there were options available later. Last year's WR draft class is shaping up to be a great one.  I can't wait to see what B. Robinson this weekend. I thought Jonathan Williams ran great last week as well. I really think our offensive line problems are more of a Carson Wentz thing as our offensive line opened up some running lanes last week. 

So we needed to take a bigger WR just because we didn’t have a tall WR except for Cam Sims?

The tall wr we could’ve taken instead of Dotson was Traylon Burks, he’s very raw & is nowhere as good as Dotson has been.

Burks has 10 recs, 129 yds & 0 TDs in 4 games.

Again, I’m glad we took Dotson. I have zero complaints.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well all 5 of the mock drafts I looked at this morning has us taking Will Levis lol

All 5 wow. I guess I’d take it, I’d hope we’d get a better passer rather than a guy we hope continues to develop into a better passer who right now is an athletic guy who makes plays more than a great passer.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

All 5 wow. I guess I’d take it, I’d hope we’d get a better passer rather than a guy we hope continues to develop into a better passer who right now is an athletic guy who makes plays more than a great passer.

Yep, weird. One has us passing on Bryce Young at two and taking Levis. I wouldn’t do that but it is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep, weird. One has us passing on Bryce Young at two and taking Levis. I wouldn’t do that but it is what it is. 

I have a feeling that Ron would want Levis over Bryce Young bc Levis is 6’3, 222 pounds while Bryce Young is just 6’ 195.

I do get what many are saying with Levis & skill set/potential but he seems like a major risk to be taken in the top 5. 

I agree with you though, I would also go with Bryce Young over Levis & short of Levis playing his mind out the rest of the way and playing great against D’s like Miss St, Tenn, Georgia & then if Kentucky beats Georgia, Alabama in the SEC championship, I just can’t put him in the top 5 or ahead of Bryce Young who just continually plays well in the biggest moments & week to week and in the clutch.

The whole Mahomes & Josh Allen effect has clouded peoples judgement on evaluating QBs. 9 times out of the 10 the better QB in college is going to be the better QB in the pros as long as they have the skill set to be a pro QB. 9 times out of 10 the QB who has flaws but has a skillet that can be developed into a great QB won’t get there in the pros.

Just bc it’s worked for 2 QBs in the last 6 years doesn’t mean it’s going to work out for a QB every year of the draft. Stroud & Young are clearly the #1 & 2 QB prospects in my eyes in this draft.

20 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You’re right. Most of us aren’t doing it like you though. Your effort is bigger than ours!

It gets old sometimes because I still play flag so I just like to learn my own game like I did I’m school. But this year I’ve really just stuck to focusing on critical downs on rewatches and not highlighting full games it help keep me from burning out lol I just enjoy seeing so many different ways people win their reps 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, taylor made said:

I think we just always have a much better running OL then pass blocking. And too me it’s because outside of Cosmi non of these guys are too tier movers. Athletic OL that run sun 5.0 40 are proven to have a better hit rate by a pretty big margin. But I am excited too see BRob and Cole Turner. I think he and Howell are probably building a good chemistry working as the other teams O for our defense. Because both Forrest and Curl have had great days on TE’s this year. Yes a play has happened with TE’s but mostly on our LB’s. We shall see I think a good run game and the style they have been using in the pass game can be more effective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I love Young!!! I just see guys like him going against Philly and Dallas those defenses are big and physical. I wouldn’t hate the pick but we can’t afford to have a guy who could really miss time. I know he goes up against this in college but more then likely the team that takes him probably doesn’t have a OL that will compete to the level Bama does against most on saturdays

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I think we just always have a much better running OL then pass blocking. And too me it’s because outside of Cosmi non of these guys are too tier movers. Athletic OL that run sun 5.0 40 are proven to have a better hit rate by a pretty big margin. But I am excited too see BRob and Cole Turner. I think he and Howell are probably building a good chemistry working as the other teams O for our defense. Because both Forrest and Curl have had great days on TE’s this year. Yes a play has happened with TE’s but mostly on our LB’s. We shall see I think a good run game and the style they have been using in the pass game can be more effective.

Cosmi was awful vs Brandon Graham, maybe that’s an aberration but we’ll see when he comes back in Nov or Dec. I think Leno moves well laterally, I don’t have issues with him. It’s more interior OL play that’s been the biggest issue. It will be interesting to see if w/ Nick Martin being in there the 2nd week & Charles at RG if our Interior OL plays better this week.