2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I agree that it would be fun as a fan to root for this guy on Sundays.  But the armchair GM in me says its not the way to build a winner. 

You're probably right but its been so long since we've had a game-changing RB. 

The Washington Commanders hosted Penn State cornerback and potential first-round prospect Joey Porter Jr. on a visit this week, according to The Athletic's Ben Standig.

The Commanders hold the No. 16 pick in the first round, and it's possible the corner will be available to them, although Porter was listed as the No. 1 corner and No. 9 player overall on the B/R Scouting Department's big board following the NFL Sco

I really hope he’s not the pick at 16. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I agree that it would be fun as a fan to root for this guy on Sundays.  But the armchair GM in me says its not the way to build a winner. 

But this guy isn’t just your typical ground and pound. This guy is like a bigger CMC. His dynamic catching passes is what I think really changes the game!! Before Lev Bell and AB went crazy for the bread that was seriously dangerous having a truely special number one with a patient RB who could run between the tackles then kill you as a receiver. We have a young talent who we can alter the direction of his development with as many diverse pieces as possible.

You get Howell who was super effective with Michael Carter and Williams well the BRob Squared Backfield would be a seriously dangerous piece to wear on teams and attack them in different ways. Teams want to bracket Terry then just pound them then hit them over the top when they realize they’re getting gashed. Want to crowed the box PA with Jahan and Terry and Curtis and Bijan coming out the backfield and inside from the slot is a nasty group for EB. I always feel like QB’s become the idenity of the team around them from early on. This is a critical year for Sam. Having a chip who’s a top flight special RB who can catch and torch you through the air is nasty. We’re talking about a blue chip player mid way through the second. I wouldn’t think twice. Because the best chance to compete in this teams window is for Sam to become that guy starting this year too make a run with Terry that front on defense and with our cap next year being able to maybe make that real splash signing to take it over the top.

25 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

But this guy isn’t just your typical ground and pound. This guy is like a bigger CMC. His dynamic catching passes is what I think really changes the game!! Before Lev Bell and AB went crazy for the bread that was seriously dangerous having a truely special number one with a patient RB who could run between the tackles then kill you as a receiver. We have a young talent who we can alter the direction of his development with as many diverse pieces as possible.

You get Howell who was super effective with Michael Carter and Williams well the BRob Squared Backfield would be a seriously dangerous piece to wear on teams and attack them in different ways. Teams want to bracket Terry then just pound them then hit them over the top when they realize they’re getting gashed. Want to crowed the box PA with Jahan and Terry and Curtis and Bijan coming out the backfield and inside from the slot is a nasty group for EB. I always feel like QB’s become the idenity of the team around them from early on. This is a critical year for Sam. Having a chip who’s a top flight special RB who can catch and torch you through the air is nasty. We’re talking about a blue chip player mid way through the second. I wouldn’t think twice. Because the best chance to compete in this teams window is for Sam to become that guy starting this year too make a run with Terry that front on defense and with our cap next year being able to maybe make that real splash signing to take it over the top.

Neither of our RBs averaged 4 ypc last year & it wasn't because they weren't capable as Gibson averaged 4.7 ypc as a rookie. Our RBs aren't the issue, the blocking is. Draft an OL.

27 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Neither of our RBs averaged 4 ypc last year & it wasn't because they weren't capable as Gibson averaged 4.7 ypc as a rookie. Our RBs aren't the issue, the blocking is. Draft an OL.

Gibson's rookie year was more of a fluke than anything. He hasn't been that productive since and he leaves so many yards on the field. Do you think if Gibson was any good they wouldn't have immediately replaced him with BRob? Robinson is a bulldozer but he's not breaking off long TD runs or forcing the defense to gameplan specifically for him. Bijan has that ability. If you're telling me right now the 16th pick is down to maybe the 4th or 5th best corner, a guard, the 3rd or 4th best OT or Bijan Robinson? I'm taking Robinson without hesitation. Take the elite talent when it falls to you. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Gibson's rookie year was more of a fluke than anything. He hasn't been that productive since and he leaves so many yards on the field. Do you think if Gibson was any good they wouldn't have immediately replaced him with BRob? Robinson is a bulldozer but he's not breaking off long TD runs or forcing the defense to gameplan specifically for him. Bijan has that ability. If you're telling me right now the 16th pick is down to maybe the 4th or 5th best corner, a guard, the 3rd or 4th best OT or Bijan Robinson? I'm taking Robinson without hesitation. Take the elite talent when it falls to you. 

It won't matter if the OL isn't good enough. 

Gibson’s rookie year was a fluke? Now I've read it all. I swear you will just make up some bs if you don't like a player.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Taking a RB in round 1 is a bad investment. They have a short career span & most aren't worth paying 2nd contracts that cost $15 mil a year.

It's a poor investment 

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It won't matter if the OL isn't good enough. 

Gibson’s rookie year was a fluke? Now I've read it all. I swear you will just make up some bs if you don't like a player.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Taking a RB in round 1 is a bad investment. They have a short career span & most aren't worth paying 2nd contracts that cost $15 mil a year.

It's a poor investment 

Has Gibson done it since? Was he not benched? Am I making anything up here?

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I love Gibson but I’ve seen him run through holes where he’s been toe tapped where it was 6 and he just didn’t hit it. BRob is a freak he makes the most out of his work but his burst just isn’t elite. I think we’ve def left yards on the field especially throwing out to our RB’s last year like McKissic was doing. I agree upgrading the OL is important but if we needed a RB I wouldn’t pass on Trent Williams for one as I wouldn’t pass on Bijan a special back for a solid OL prospect when a guy later has a similar grade

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Weird, its almost like they have the best QB in the NFL. They also let a 1700 yard receiver go and still won....maybe we should dump Terry because all you need to do is potentially find the best QB ever. Not that hard. 

41 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I love Gibson but I’ve seen him run through holes where he’s been toe tapped where it was 6 and he just didn’t hit it. BRob is a freak he makes the most out of his work but his burst just isn’t elite. I think we’ve def left yards on the field especially throwing out to our RB’s last year like McKissic was doing. I agree upgrading the OL is important but if we needed a RB I wouldn’t pass on Trent Williams for one as I wouldn’t pass on Bijan a special back for a solid OL prospect when a guy later has a similar grade

Bijan is the biggest luxury pick for us. It's even more of a luxury pick than Mayer in round 1 & everyone knows how I'm not happy about that idea too. I just don't understand this forum or fanbase sometimes. Our OL flat our sucked last year, it was only average the 3 years before since we wouldn't give Trent the contract he deserved & we batter injuries. We need upgrades on the OL & the best talent we can get.

I'll be so disappointed if we take a RB in round 1. Honestly, I frankly don't want to draft one at all bc we have a bruiser in Bob & we have a guy who excels in space in Gibby. And I don't think Jonathan Williams or Patterson are that bad as 3rd & 4th options but if they want to add another young guy to the mix mid to late rounds I won't be upset about it, I've mocked Deuce Vaughn as a McKissic replacement to our RB group for most of our mocks; not only for pass catching/screens, but also as a return man.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Weird, its almost like they have the best QB in the NFL. They also let a 1700 yard receiver go and still won....maybe we should dump Terry because all you need to do is potentially find the best QB ever. Not that hard. 

Has Andy Reid’s offense ever needed a 1st round RB? They use their RBs mostly for pass catching, option routes, screens & in space on off-tackle runs & outside some. All the stuff that Gibson excels at. For the tough yards, you have BROB.

We need to draft an OL or CB, our needs haven't changed.

Edited by turtle28