2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

41 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If you draft a RB in the first round you need to do so with the assumption you won't be giving him a second contract.  Even the best Running backs are rarely worth a second break the bank contract.  

Agree-- excellent point 

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Man, just don't start telling me he's a "Generational Talent ".. 🙄

Yeah there’s certain things this organization can’t be trusted with. The second overall pick, a generational talent and we’re really sniffing too adding second rounders to those two. 

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Scherff was always hurt. Not to mention he wasn’t going to sign here. It’s been reported many times he refused to sign. He didn’t want to be here. And he wasn’t drafted to be a guard. 

My point is we miss him & we need to add a good guard prospect again.

We can draft a RB in round one or we can draft a guard in Round one and be fine. Or even a TE. It's about adding multiple starting level players in one draft and that is something this team hasn't done in a while. You do that most of the time in round one and round 2. Anything else is a bonus. But what we can't have is our drafts like 2018 where you add a great player in round one like DaRon Payne and then whiff on everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

We can draft a RB in round one or we can draft a guard in Round one and be fine. Or even a TE. It's about adding multiple starting level players in one draft and that is something this team hasn't done in a while. You do that most of the time in round one and round 2. Anything else is a bonus. But what we can't have is our drafts like 2018 where you add a great player in round one like DaRon Payne and then whiff on everyone else. 

I would say that recently we've had some good drafts where we've added multiple starting-level players except at OL & QB (maybe, depending on what Howell does).

Heck, in 2020 we added a starting RB & in 2022 we added a starting RB.

Now people are telling me we have to add a 3rd starting RB & they've lost me.

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He’s not my favorite player in this draft. Will Anderson is. 

Jaxon Smith Njigba is the best player in this draft & I think that will be proven over time. It's really a shame he hurt his hamstring so bad he couldn't play.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would say that recently we've had some good drafts where we've added multiple starting-level players except at OL & QB (maybe, depending on what Howell does).

A lot of the recent drafts you can't evaluate because you can't evaluate a player's career in 2-3 years. Young players look promising one year but then their career doesn't take off. (Su'a Cravens, Montae Nicholson, Chris Horton)  I don't think we really know how Samuel Cosmi or Chase Young's career is gonna pan out because one or two positive years could swing it in either direction. And you could say that Darrick Forrest had an awesome season last year but its one season. Next year the league could figure him out or he could get even better. IMO we haven't had a good draft since 2019 when we landed both Terry AND Montez. 

I really hope we use the first round pick to just draft BPA. Use the rest of the draft to get needs. If the BPA ends up being a need.... great... if not... still better than reaching for a need. With that being said, I'm okay with Bijan Robinson, Smith-Njigba, Anthony Richardson (if they feel he's that good). Just take BPA. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I really hope we use the first round pick to just draft BPA. Use the rest of the draft to get needs. If the BPA ends up being a need.... great... if not... still better than reaching for a need. With that being said, I'm okay with Bijan Robinson, Smith-Njigba, Anthony Richardson (if they feel he's that good). Just take BPA. 

It'll be real interesting if Will Levis is there 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think they would pick him. 

My only issue with picking Will Levis is that I don't see how much he differs from Sam Howell as a prospect. But I guess it couldn't hurt to have him as the third QB in the room and compete with Howell and Brissett.