2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So exactly what I said and you and that dummy on twitter can't argue (not calling you a dummy Turtle just FYI). If you have Pat Mahomes you can get rid of just about anybody and you'll still compete. We don't have Pat Mahomes so we have to fill out a good roster. Robinson adds elite stuff to an already good roster. Talent like Robinson takes a good roster and makes it a great roster. Or we can take a guard because they will absolutely take Torrance and we all know it.

I hope they do take Torrence. Torrence will help open up massive holes for the talented RBs we already have in house. 

Of course Pat Mahomes makes things easier but I’m talking about the Andy Reid/I assume Bieniemy offense that’s been run for the last 25 years between Phila & KC.

Guys like Deuce Staley, Brian Westbrook, Shady McCoy, Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware, Kareem Hunt, Darrel Williams, Damian Williams… 

Stop me when you see a top 20 running back selected!

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Jerick McKinnon & Isaiah Pacheco

Edited by turtle28

Been doing the EPC member draft over here:

Everyone wants to trade down, so that made it difficult for me.

So far I have stood pat on my first two picks taking Darnell Wright and Jack Campbell.

I tried pretty hard to move from 47 to 42 to get Kincaid, but I didn't wanna give up everything I had to do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I hope they do take Torrence. Torrence will help open up massive holes for the talented RBs we already have in house. 

Of course Pat Mahomes makes things easier but I’m talking about the Andy Reid/I assume Bieniemy offense that’s been run for the last 25 years between Phila & KC.

Guys like Deuce Staley, Brian Westbrook, Shady McCoy, Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware, Kareem Hunt, Darrel Williams, Damian Williams… 

Stop me when you see a top 20 running back selected!

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Jerick McKinnon & Isaiah Pacheco

So we can’t take a RB in the first but you’d be okay with a guard? Do you not see how silly that is? Can we do a list of all the starting guards in the league and how many of them came out of the first round? 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So we can’t take a RB in the first but you’d be okay with a guard? Do you not see how silly that is? Can we do a list of all the starting guards in the league and how many of them came out of the first round? 

I know one that we took which we are currently missing & that’s Brandon Scherff. I was an advocate for letting him go, but after last year I see the error of my ways & realize I was wrong. We need a top talent at at least one of the interior OL positions. Our interior OL can’t be a revolving door again & we expect us to have a top 15 offense, I don’t care who our weapons are.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I know one that we took which we are currently missing & that’s Brandon Scherff. I was an advocate for letting him go, but after last year I see the error of my ways & realize I was wrong. We need a top talent at at least one of the interior OL positions. Our interior OL can’t be a revolving door again & we expect us to have a top 15 offense, I don’t care who our weapons are.

Scherff was always hurt. Not to mention he wasn’t going to sign here. It’s been reported many times he refused to sign. He didn’t want to be here. And he wasn’t drafted to be a guard. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

3 guards in 2022, 1 guard in 2021, 1 guard in 2019, 1 guard in 2018, 1 guard in 2016 (out of league)

2 RBs in 2021, 1 RB in 2020, 1 RB in 2019, 3 RB in 2018 (1 out of league), 2 RB in 2017 (1 TBD status), 1 RB in 2016 (doesn't start)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

3 guards in 2022, 1 guard in 2021, 1 guard in 2019, 1 guard in 2018, 1 guard in 2016 (out of league)

2 RBs in 2021, 1 RB in 2020, 1 RB in 2019, 3 RB in 2018 (1 out of league), 2 RB in 2017 (1 TBD status), 1 RB in 2016 (doesn't start)

So close to the same basically. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So close to the same basically. 

Yeah. The only thing I would note in the recent drafts is guards went earlier than RBs, but that also might be an outlier. 

I started to look at Round 2 because that flooded with more guards, but honestly there were a lot of RBs too. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 7:13 PM, lavar703 said:

Gibson's rookie year was more of a fluke than anything. He hasn't been that productive since and he leaves so many yards on the field. Do you think if Gibson was any good they wouldn't have immediately replaced him with BRob? Robinson is a bulldozer but he's not breaking off long TD runs or forcing the defense to gameplan specifically for him. Bijan has that ability. If you're telling me right now the 16th pick is down to maybe the 4th or 5th best corner, a guard, the 3rd or 4th best OT or Bijan Robinson? I'm taking Robinson without hesitation. Take the elite talent when it falls to you. 

I am with @lavar703here 100%, in regards to Bijan. I think for the development of our team - Sam H. in particular, he would be a very special compliment. Look what a healthy Saquan did for D Jones this year when paired with a capable offensive mind? 

• Like 1

Last time me drafted a R B in the 1st round . 1967, Ray McDonald. I think he led the nation in rushing-at Idaho. Busted -lasted 2 years.

I'm kinda warming to the idea of adding an elite palyer at R B . ( Bijan ) McShay says he's Top 10 !

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Last time me drafted a R B in the 1st round . 1967, Ray McDonald. I think he led the nation in rushing-at Idaho. Busted -lasted 2 years.

I'm kinda warming to the idea of adding an elite palyer at R B . ( Bijan ) McShay says he's Top 10 !

Honestly, overall, he's probably the best player in this draft.