George Kittle

Deebo Samuel

Jimmie Ward

Arik Armstead

Nick Bosa 

Juice

Trey Lance (?)

Mike McGlinchey

I'm struggling to come up with the other five. The leadership committee does not need to consist of the top 15 players, though often times I'm guessing most teams will have the best players included. But after those 10, who are the other five? Maybe Robbie Gould? Brunskill? Greenlaw? 

Jeff Wilson,C Ward... probably Jordan Matthews if he's in the building 😅

Edited by adamq

59 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Aiyuk has to be on there, he's one of their best 15 players IMO.

But being one of the best 15 players does not automatically get you on the leadership committee. Though he has worked extremely hard this offseason so it is possible that he is on it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But being one of the best 15 players does not automatically get you on the leadership committee. Though he has worked extremely hard this offseason so it is possible that he is on it. 

Taybor Pepper? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Is this supposed to be a "gotcha" moment mate? :)

Him and Trey could still be tight while not wishing both were in that situation. Regardless, he never once stomped his feet or pulled a Carson Wentz. And he decided to come back. Jimmy isn't a bad guy, and won't be a problem. Not sure what the rub is here. He's human too. 

I wasnt implying that Jimmy was a bad teammate or that he handled himself improperly or whatever, just that I reject the idea that just because they say "it's all good" that it actually is "all good". He said - even when he was the starter - it was so weird that he wouldnt wish it on anyone. 

These guys say very little publicly. They give a lot of non-answers. When Jimmy was not on the team earlier in the off-season he was a bit more candid than he was previously. He never once said it was weird last year until after he thought he had left the team. 

We have a strong locker room for sure, and I really dont think it will be a ton of drama, but things do have the potential to get very weird, because apparently things were very weird last year. 

I really wish someone would have asked him to explain those comments.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I dont think I would consider Aiyuk a leader just yet. Kyle said Aiyuk has a unique way of communicating. Remember when he said "we had words"? That just meant they talked, not that they had a huge fight. 

The leadership committee move reminds me of when Steve Mariccui gathered together a ton of veterans during the 1998 season playoff push and said they were thinking about signing Charles Haley to try and bolster the pass rush. As many know Charles had his problems when he left the 49ers a few years before that, in particular with Steve Young. I can't remember if they knew that they were going to already be playing the Packers in the wild card by that point. Anyway, the 49ers had a ton of veterans on that particular squad, and they all agreed that whatever helped them win they wanted to do it. Including Steve. Anyway, glad to hear that Lynch and Kyle did something like that. Although it's not the same situation. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

11 hours ago, N4L said:

I wasnt implying that Jimmy was a bad teammate or that he handled himself improperly or whatever, just that I reject the idea that just because they say "it's all good" that it actually is "all good". He said - even when he was the starter - it was so weird that he wouldnt wish it on anyone. 

These guys say very little publicly. They give a lot of non-answers. When Jimmy was not on the team earlier in the off-season he was a bit more candid than he was previously. He never once said it was weird last year until after he thought he had left the team. 

We have a strong locker room for sure, and I really dont think it will be a ton of drama, but things do have the potential to get very weird, because apparently things were very weird last year. 

I really wish someone would have asked him to explain those comments.

Going into the season knowing you basically have someone breathing down your neck and going into it knowing you are the number 2 are two very different things and experiences. He was the starting QB last year but i have no doubt most of the coaching went to his main competitor and back-up. Thats strange if you are the starter but coming in knowing you are the back-up thats way more normal. 

Still will all depend on how Jimmy acts if it will get weird or not. But having those roles reversed and basically Jimmy commiting to be the back-up(not saying he doesn't hope to start games) already changes the dynamic especially with him taking a big paycut to do so.

• Like 2

This situation weirds me out.  I spent all day trying to think of a time a winning team team selecting a new starter, then the other starter came in as a back up.  1992 Lions with Kraig and Pete.  

I can't figure out if this is hedging a wager they are not feeling great about or if it is just a good deal on a good back up QB.  I don't know if this is going to make the team better or worse, but I hope Trey starts hot, and everything works out.

• Like 1