2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

oh i'm so sorry, i should have understood when you said zero you didn't actually mean zero. my mistake princess

**** outta here

No worries. I forgot that they drafted Doug Kramer last year. Poles is crushing it on the OL.

Also, the definition of investment: the action or process of investing money for profit or material result.

Doug Kramer? What a profit!

Lucas Patrick? The material result of that signing has done wonders

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No worries. I forgot that they drafted Doug Kramer last year. Poles is crushing it on the OL.

Also, the definition of investment: the action or process of investing money for profit or material result.

don't speak in absolutes if you don't mean it.

he spent 4 picks last year on the OL, albeit in the 5th round or later. one of those was a bright spot and started 17 games at LT, made an all rookie team, and is being put in the 1st round of re-drafts. 

He signed Patrick and Jones last year to multi-year deals. I'm sorry Patrick got hurt in the first TC practice and spent approximately 10 snaps playing the position he got signed to play last year.

He signed Nate Davis and Demarcus Walker to 3+ year contracts, but yeah, zero investments. That looks like no action or process to me!

Love that you picked the two players who got hurt as your example of no investments by poles. None of us are saying he can't do more, you're the only one who said he literally didn't do anything.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

fuking merriam-webster over here

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Someone sell me on Tyree Wilson. Huge dude, long arms, but I see someone who plays tall, without elite burst and is routinely late off the ball (which annoys me).

I don't want to call him stiff, but I prefer my edge rushers to be more flexible and bendy (think Robert Quinn).

Would you draft him, bulk him up to 285, 290 and have him play 3T?

22.3% pass rush win rate in the Big 12 is impressive considering how most of those offences are spread/quick game schemes...the other great thing is Wilson doesn't just win in one way...he can beat people with speed, power, counter, his length is such an advantage and he knows how to make the most of it...

He is also highly productive against the run and shows the motor & versatility Flus will want on the DL...61 tackles in just 10 games as a senior...even compare than to Will Anderson who had 51 in 13 as a senior while playing more of a stand up role than Wilson...

All of this is a pretty moot point since I reckon he will be long gone by #9...if the Texans don't go QB at #2 I suspect Wilson could be the guy there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

True. It is the action or process of investing money for profit. That does not mean that every investment will be profitable. A quick glance at the stock market over the last 4 years can easily validate this point. There was investment. Just not the ROI that you would have hoped for 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

22.3% pass rush win rate in the Big 12 is impressive considering how most of those offences are spread/quick game schemes...the other great thing is Wilson doesn't just win in one way...he can beat people with speed, power, counter, his length is such an advantage and he knows how to make the most of it...

He is also highly productive against the run and shows the motor & versatility Flus will want on the DL...61 tackles in just 10 games as a senior...even compare than to Will Anderson who had 51 in 13 as a senior while playing more of a stand up role than Wilson...

All of this is a pretty moot point since I reckon he will be long gone by #9...if the Texans don't go QB at #2 I suspect Wilson could be the guy there.

Over Will Anderson? Wow

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

True. It is the action or process of investing money for profit. That does not mean that every investment will be profitable. A quick glance at the stock market over the last 4 years can easily validate this point. There was investment. Just not the ROI that you would have hoped for 🤷‍♂️

As long as we're running with analogies how would you describe the assets used on the OL under Poles?  Pocket change/coupons/free trials?  It's not a mystery that the consistently good offenses have good OL, and you can get there with a lot of volume or high picks with high picks being the more obvious way to get there. I actually liked drafting so many OL late last year, but on it's own it's an apporach unlikely to yield stud OL, more like "we're thrilled a 5th rounder can start at LT"  I'd way rather be bitching after the draft that "I can't believe the Bears signed a tackle inf FA and then drafted two more" than "maybe our guard can play tackle if his back isn't messed up that week?"

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

As long as we're running with analogies how would you describe the assets used on the OL under Poles?  Pocket change/coupons/free trials?  It's not a mystery that the consistently good offenses have good OL, and you can get there with a lot of volume or high picks with high picks being the more obvious way to get there. I actually liked drafting so many OL late last year, but on it's own it's an apporach unlikely to yield stud OL, more like "we're thrilled a 5th rounder can start at LT"  I'd way rather be bitching after the draft that "I can't believe the Bears signed a tackle inf FA and then drafted two more" than "maybe our guard can play tackle if his back isn't messed up that week?"

I absolutely would hope that he invest in the OL. It is absolutely needed. I also feel like there should be an ongoing investment even once the line is fixed. However, because it is not invested in specifically the way that we would like it to be does not mean that our way is the better approach. It just means that it is the most logical approach with the limited information that we have. There are many more factors in drafting and FA then "see said player, sign said player" is all. I too would use a high draft pick, but let's not pretend it is impossible to find good linemen later. Is it more difficult? Of course it is. Difficult isn't impossible.