2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

25 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

“You’re not getting a runningback. You’re getting a difference maker” -Bijan Robinson. I like that. 

Have to like his confidence but what he will be facing in the NFL is this...

What's better for the team Bijan or Wright @17 then Gibbs @32?...

I know which one I would prefer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think we're getting #32 back if we trade down to #17.

It likely would be #17 and #49.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I don't think we're getting #32 back if we trade down to #17.

It likely would be #17 and #49.

Guess it will just depend on how much the Steelers wanted to get up...

With what is happening with these QBs right now I could see them being outbid by the likes of Washington or Tampa...the more competition the better.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Guess it will just depend on how much the Steelers wanted to get up...

With what is happening with these QBs right now I could see them being outbid by the likes of Washington or Tampa...the more competition the better.

Obviously I have no way of knowing this, but I truly believe Washington is fine with going with Howell/Brissett in 2023 and I truly believe Tampa is going to try to be terrible for Williams

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Obviously I have no way of knowing this, but I truly believe Washington is fine with going with Howell/Brissett in 2023 and I truly believe Tampa is going to try to be terrible for Williams

Either could without doubt be true...just not sure Rivera or Bowles will have the time to wait on the future and depending on a ton of things in each building could really push for the future to be now...

I think we could be about to see something special out of the Rams to ensure they get Williams next off season hahaha.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Trading down in general would be ideal regardless... Trading to 17 and hoping Bijan gets there would be a fine risk to take, imo... And you could get like Dawand Jones at 32

Darnell Wright and Gibbs would be fine, but I'll take Bijan and Dawand over that. 

Semi related, but it's also super interesting seeing not just the discrepancies between the various draft sims, but pffs sim also lists players' ADP (average draft position, as chosen by people using the sims themselves) and the crowd sourced rankings have a number of targets moving up or down. Gibbs-RB, for example, frequently makes it to our current 2nd rounders, as does Darnell Washington-TE, and they're both guys I wouldn't even hate as early as 20th overall. This flip side of that, however is JMS-OC and Tippman-OC both go well before our current second rounders

Not really sure how fan sourced ADP ranks compared to eventual actual draft positions, and pff data will naturally be somewhat biased towards pff rankings (since those are visible on the big board wren fans are choosing prospects on their sim), but it was interesting to note how different it was. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am lukewarm on trading down.

There has been talk that teams have like 17-18 1st round grades in this class.

I am not as interested in trading down and not landing one of those guys.

The OL class isn't anything special, let alone taking one of them at #9.

Trade down, take your OL there. Use round 2-3 to address DL and iOL.

It'll be a boring draft for us I think.

Edited by G08

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Wright a betting favourite ahead of both Johnson & Jones for us? Very interesting.

I came here just to talk about Wright. Louis Riddick came on espn Chicago and said Wright might be the best player in the whole draft and could be an all pro as a rookie. Said if given the option, would he trade down and take him since he’s been projected later and he said no, Wright won’t make it past Jets at 13 

28 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I came here just to talk about Wright. Louis Riddick came on espn Chicago and said Wright might be the best player in the whole draft and could be an all pro as a rookie. Said if given the option, would he trade down and take him since he’s been projected later and he said no, Wright won’t make it past Jets at 13 

I think he is a very good 10 year starter at RT…depending on how much you value that spot then no one would be crazy at taking him at 9…you just question of him not really having the skills to move to the left side but in todays NFL it clearly doesn’t matter much…I would still rather trade down and even if Wright goes top 13 you have to think Johnson or Jones then get pushed down and either would also fit us…we just have so many needs that unless Carter or Wilson make it to #9 then we should look to move back.

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

He's been a draft crush of mine for a while. I actually like him more than Jones or Johnson. They may have a bit better athleticism or length but he also has the aggressive playstyle I love in OL. I fully believe that little bit of extra effort makes a difference by the 4th quarter. When you have a freakish athlete like Fields behind you that extra step could be the difference that breaks a 70 yard TD run. 

• Like 1