2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

There is no way for Pitt to get to 9 w/o including 32 based on the math.

What chart are you looking at? #32 is overkill for them, #49 is perfect (as much as I hate to say it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I think he is a very good 10 year starter at RT…depending on how much you value that spot then no one would be crazy at taking him at 9…you just question of him not really having the skills to move to the left side but in todays NFL it clearly doesn’t matter much…I would still rather trade down and even if Wright goes top 13 you have to think Johnson or Jones then get pushed down and either would also fit us…we just have so many needs that unless Carter or Wilson make it to #9 then we should look to move back.

Drafting a right tackle at #9 overall does not sit well with me...

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Greg Gabriel suggested swapping both 2nd round picks for Pitts 2nds

Pittsburgh has #32 (ours) and #49.

#9 = 1350

#17 = 950

#49 = 410

---------------------

1350 for 1360.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Drafting a right tackle at #9 overall does not sit well with me...

This is archaic thinking.

With the amount teams pass and the quality of the rushers at the LE spot… you need to have a legit RT. The days of having a big run blocking stiff at RT are over and have been for awhile.

In addition… if we draft an OT at 9, I think he will be given the first shot at LT. Braxton Jones is no where near good enough that you don’t do what is best for the 9th overall pick.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This is archaic thinking.

With the amount teams pass and the quality of the rushers at the LE spot… you need to have a legit RT. The days of having a big run blocking stiff at RT are over and have been for awhile.

In addition… if we draft an OT at 9, I think he will be given the first shot at LT. Braxton Jones is no where near good enough that you don’t do what is best for the 9th overall pick.

Factor in that this is not necessarily a good class for OT, you're not only drafting a RT top ten, you're taking a player that likely would have been taken 1/2 to 1 full round LATER in other drafts.

8 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

Bro, this is a passing league.  We have enough RBs including Fields.

The Bears would do better with a WR at #9, rather than a RB.

It would be bad for the Bears to draft a WR or RB in round1.

I know. Trust me, I know. In any other draft or year I'd say it's incredibly stupid to draft a RB in the first round, let alone top 10. There's a part of my brain that can't believe I want to draft a RB.

BUT

Bijan is a DUDE. I not only view him as a RB, I view him as a slot WR and the mismatches we can create on offense with him on the field gives me a f'n hard-on.

I don't plan on us having another top 10 pick for a while, so while we have the chance I want an elite talent (regardless of position). If Marvin Harrison, Jr. was in this draft I'd have pushed to take him #1 overall (etc).

Edited by G08

11 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

Bro, this is a passing league.  We have enough RBs including Fields.

The Bears would do better with a WR at #9, rather than a RB.

It would be bad for the Bears to draft a WR or RB in round1.

To be fair, Bijan would step onto this team and IMMEDIATELY be the AT WORST, #2 receiver by talent on this roster behind Moore....  (and that's even with me liking Mooney). And would probably be the #3 WR for this draft class behind JSN and Jahmyr Gibbs, if he played receiver.

My comp for Bijan is actually Matt Forte (albeit Bijan has much more lateral agility), where he's just really freaking good at everything, but doesn't quite have that top gear for the home run threat (which is a touch interesting, since his 40 time is the same as Forte's and he also wasn't really a home run threat..... but Fields was only 0.01 seconds faster and routinely outruns people.  Even more curious is that Fields had by far the worst 10 yard split at 1.59, while Bijan is at 1.52 and Forte was at 1.49)

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

To be fair, Bijan would step onto this team and IMMEDIATELY be the AT WORST, #2 receiver by talent on this roster behind Moore....  (and that's even with me liking Mooney). And would probably be the #3 WR for this draft class behind JSN and Jahmyr Gibbs, if he played receiver.

My comp for Bijan is actually Matt Forte (albeit Bijan has much more lateral agility), where he's just really freaking good at everything, but doesn't quite have that top gear for the home run threat (which is a touch interesting, since his 40 time is the same as Forte's and he also wasn't really a home run threat..... but Fields was only 0.01 seconds faster and routinely outruns people.  Even more curious is that Fields had by far the worst 10 yard split at 1.59, while Bijan is at 1.52 and Forte was at 1.49)

You would take Matt Forte with a little more lateral agility #9 overall?