2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

Went down a "Next Gen Stats" Rabbit hole:  Mostly about Bijan, but also throwing a Jalin Hyatt in there.

Bijan vs the rest of the draft class (non positional), Bijan vs the other rbs this class, Bijan vs the last 20 years of RBs, , of 21 featured "top players" in the last 3 years it accounted for 5 of 6 AP rookies of the year..... Jalin Hyatt is over 24mph in his 40 time (and was also listed as the next gen top receiver of this class, interestingly enough)

Interesting stuff overall.

• Like 1

Really interesting listening to Ian Cummingham discuss how they don't stack guys by round but instead by role that they will have on the team...this just buys in even more to the idea that scheme fit is going to be imperative in any selection we make.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Really interesting listening to Ian Cummingham discuss how they don't stack guys by round but instead by role that they will have on the team...this just buys in even more to the idea that scheme fit is going to be imperative in any selection we make.

Saying "Role they will have on the team" Could also strongly imply his belief in the fairly common sentiment about positional value being heavily weighted as well (ie no Bijan in the first because his "role" on the team is "running back",  but might also give more weight to team need than we're expecting from more objective "BPA" system. Like taking a risk on a pick like Carter because we don't have any one filling the all important 3T "role" for example.... or maybe later in the draft reaching for a guy like AA or Kancey.

• Like 1

Anyone else just thinking how insane this draft gets if Carter gets to #9?...

The top of the draft seems all over the place right now and if he gets to #9 I think we have to take the risk and draft him giving he is the best player in the draft...granted I doubt it happens but man if it does it completely changes everything.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I feel like this is almost a troll-job. lol

There was a guy on reddit claiming to be close to Levis (various reporting on how much he has been correct before with Levis) saying that Will was claiming to close family and friends that the Panthers were taking him. 

Thr shift in odds for him seemed to be a precautionary measure there, as I don’t think Young’s odds really ever moved. 

Would create absolute chaos if it did happen

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

There was a guy on reddit claiming to be close to Levis (various reporting on how much he has been correct before with Levis) saying that Will was claiming to close family and friends that the Panthers were taking him. 

Thr shift in odds for him seemed to be a precautionary measure there, as I don’t think Young’s odds really ever moved. 

Would create absolute chaos if it did happen

If so that pick for 2024 from them is looking DAMN good. 👌  lol

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else just thinking how insane this draft gets if Carter gets to #9?...

The top of the draft seems all over the place right now and if he gets to #9 I think we have to take the risk and draft him giving he is the best player in the draft...granted I doubt it happens but man if it does it completely changes everything.

Only if you think "stupid and lazy" are curable problems for a prospect to have. The more I think about Carter, the less I want him on the board at all, tbh....

EDIT: I'd add, it's really been bugging me that after he left the scene initially he called multiple teammates to the scene..... and those teammates, the very first people he called, when talking to the cops themselves, immediately threw him under the bus and gave the cops his name, and in doing so directly poked holes in his story to the police.  I'm not at all saying they (or Jalen himself) should have lied to police because that was really stupid in itself, but they where quite able to just keep their mouths shut, and instead voluntarily and immediately threw Jalen under the bus. That tells me he didn't have the respect of literally any of the people who where the first people he called. IDK maybe things have changed in the last 20 years, but not a single one of my close friends would have ever dropped one another's names to police over something like street racing.... and it's honestly a "Bo Callahan birthday party" kind of red flag that multiple of Jalen Carters friends immediately did.

Edited by Epyon

If we like Braxton at LT, then  Wright is probably my top RT choice, top overall choice, and frankly what I expect the team will do.

If we don't like Braxton at LT, then PJJ or Broderick are better plays

Bijan keeps rising up my board the more I read.... and I'm almost convincing myself to go that route vs going OT. Guy can be really special, but I don't see how we fix RT without a first round pick. At the very least it would be much more "fun" than grabbing a linemen for viewership sake. That said I just don't see it happening.

I want nothing to do with Skoronski, which is probably the guy most commonly projected too us. I don't think he's a tackle, and he has to be a generational level player for me to not be upset about a guard.

JSN is the last guy on my top 5 I'd take

Carter I'm entirely off the train.

Witherspoon I think is gone before our pick, but is the only defensive player where I'd still be thrilled.

Edited by Epyon