2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

57 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Interesting

Always *poop*posters lurking around events like this..... but dude is risking a 10 year old reddit account for this rumor, so if it's a troll job, at least he's committed.

The only reason Levis became the favorite yesterday to be the #1 pick was because of a Reddit post

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Bijan will likely be an awesome player.

But we can’t compete because we cannot pass the ball.

We cannot pass the ball mostly because we cannot block 5 and 7 step drops. We cannot pass block without all sorts of training wheels.

I mean I think the Bears agree with the last part. But it's really hard to pass up on a special playmaker.  I've seen lots of UT games. Absolutely hate hate the team itself. But goodness he was their offense and every defense knew it. Didn't matter. He's special in the passing game and the run. 

It's one thing to be upset about just drafting a runningback. That I would be extremely upset over. But drafting a playmaker like him regardless of position I can't get mad at them about. He'll cause teams in this division problems for years. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

Interesting

Always *poop*posters lurking around events like this..... but dude is risking a 10 year old reddit account for this rumor, so if it's a troll job, at least he's committed.

There are 3 pieces of information in that post (plus the test my source request of banning) The first two could very well be true, doesn’t mean we are taking him. That’s what a lot of insiders have been saying about the teams at the top of the draft, that Bijan is Top 5 on all of the, some #1 or #2, but they can not get themselves there to take him as a RB, no matter how dynamic he is. RBs are just the least valuable position in football currently, and it’s hard to see that changing any time soon. And positional value is nearly as big a part of a draft pick as the actual talent. 

I still don’t think he makes it to pick 9 anyway, to be 8 is his floor

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

Interesting

I gotta admit, the thought of Bijan is growing on me.  Its wildly impractical, and if I had to make the choice, I wouldn't do it, but man, this offense would be loaded with weapons with a guy like Bijan.  If we could trade down and get him, I'd be good with it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I gotta admit, the thought of Bijan is growing on me.  Its wildly impractical, and if I had to make the choice, I wouldn't do it, but man, this offense would be loaded with weapons with a guy like Bijan.  If we could trade down and get him, I'd be good with it.

If they got Bijan I would actually hope they try to move up for an OT. PJJ, B Jones, and Wright all would be picks before the 20th so the next option to me would be going after Dawand Jones. He's my OT4 but there are still guys like Harrison and someone may fall in love with a players RAS or potential that may leapfrog him. It would be a hell of a gamble though and I wouldn't like the idea of waiting until 2.53 for my shot at an OT.

That or maybe we see Donovan Smith get signed within 10 minutes of the pick for Bijan.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

There are 3 pieces of information in that post (plus the test my source request of banning) The first two could very well be true, doesn’t mean we are taking him. That’s what a lot of insiders have been saying about the teams at the top of the draft, that Bijan is Top 5 on all of the, some #1 or #2, but they can not get themselves there to take him as a RB, no matter how dynamic he is. RBs are just the least valuable position in football currently, and it’s hard to see that changing any time soon. And positional value is nearly as big a part of a draft pick as the actual talent. 

RBs aren't valuable sure. But how valuable is Bijan's pass catching talent? I'd say it's right up there with some of the best WRs in this draft. It's really a testament to how garbage Texas's coaching staff is that they didn't have him run as many routes as he should have. But I've seen him elevate and make some ridiculous catches from poorly thrown passes that alot of WRs would struggle to catch. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think he may get to 10 and if so I think PHI would take him. If there’s one roster in the league that can afford to take a RB top 10 right now from a practical sense it’s probably theirs, plus they have another 1st rounder this year anyway. If he’s still there at 9, I actually think there might be a team (or teams) willing to move to our spot to get ahead of PHI to get him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

RBs aren't valuable sure. But how valuable is Bijan's pass catching talent? I'd say it's right up there with some of the best WRs in this draft.

Fair, but that is also a lower bar than it normally is.

There is no doubt he is a great prospect, on talent alone hes Top 2/3 guys in this Draft. But when you factor in position, it drops him a ton. 

There are 2 big things in this conversation about where he should/could be drafted. First, GMs miss, it happens. But if you take the Risk on a RB that high, and you miss that is surely the end of you tenure. Thats not necessarily true id you take a Lineman or a WR.

But the other thing is, and we just saw it with Saquon, more so than the Rookie QB Contract clock, if you take a RB high, and expect them to be a big part of the offense, that is the real Clock you have to beat to win...

Say the Bears took him this year. We know if we are going to be good, Justin has to be good and we will have to pay him, but QBs are paid, thats just a fact these days. If we get an "Elite" RB in the draft, we better be winners, big winners, in the next 6 years. Or else you are faced with one of two realities (even assuming he doesnt bust), the RB who was a huge part of your team is walking away. Or you are unloading a Massive chunk of change (and Cap) for a RB, the most dying position in the league. That probably means one less Lineman to protect/block for him or one less receiver in what is an ever more passing league.

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Fair, but that is also a lower bar than it normally is.

There is no doubt he is a great prospect, on talent alone hes Top 2/3 guys in this Draft. But when you factor in position, it drops him a ton. 

There are 2 big things in this conversation about where he should/could be drafted. First, GMs miss, it happens. But if you take the Risk on a RB that high, and you miss that is surely the end of you tenure. Thats not necessarily true id you take a Lineman or a WR.

But the other thing is, and we just saw it with Saquon, more so than the Rookie QB Contract clock, if you take a RB high, and expect them to be a big part of the offense, that is the real Clock you have to beat to win...

Say the Bears took him this year. We know if we are going to be good, Justin has to be good and we will have to pay him, but QBs are paid, thats just a fact these days. If we get an "Elite" RB in the draft, we better be winners, big winners, in the next 6 years. Or else you are faced with one of two realities (even assuming he doesnt bust), the RB who was a huge part of your team is walking away. Or you are unloading a Massive chunk of change (and Cap) for a RB, the most dying position in the league. That probably means one less Lineman to protect/block for him or one less receiver in what is an ever more passing league.

I mean the last part is definitely true and something to consider. I think that another question to kind of add into what you mentioned about Justin being good is how much does adding Bijan help Justin vs an offensive tackle? I'd say it's a more immediate help that Justin needs than some potential growing pains with a tackle too. 

3 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean the last part is definitely true and something to consider. I think that another question to kind of add into what you mentioned about Justin being good is how much does adding Bijan help Justin vs an offensive tackle? I'd say it's a more immediate help that Justin needs than some potential growing pains with a tackle too. 

To be fair our RBs alone last year averaged 4.48 ypc (1650 yards on 368 carries) with 9 TDs. That’s damn good. Some of that is glow off from the defense having to allow for Fields as a runner as well but that will be the case in 2023 too. How much better than that should we realistically expect from Robinson? 

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

To be fair our RBs alone last year averaged 4.48 ypc (1650 yards on 368 carries) with 9 TDs. That’s damn good. Some of that is glow off from the defense having to allow for Fields as a runner as well but that will be the case in 2023 too. How much better than that should we realistically expect from Robinson? 

QFT

i didn’t realize tweets can be 10 miles long now. 

“this whole time, people thought Kyler Murray spends hours playing Call of Duty but he’s actually the best OL guru in the league” 

maybe PJJ is the guy 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think he may get to 10 and if so I think PHI would take him. If there’s one roster in the league that can afford to take a RB top 10 right now from a practical sense it’s probably theirs, plus they have another 1st rounder this year anyway. If he’s still there at 9, I actually think there might be a team (or teams) willing to move to our spot to get ahead of PHI to get him. 

If I was Bijan I would be politely offering to move to PHI early, it would be such a good landing spot.  BUT, I tried the Atheltics Football show yesterday (it's excellent!) and they pointed out that not only has the current GM not drafted an RB since 2010 in teh first round they've literally never drafted anyhting but QB, WR, OL and DL in round one which is a very interesting statistic and as far as "rules" go, one I would be happy to have our Bears live by as well. 

If there was ever a perfect situation for him, and a time to break a "rule", Bijan to PHI would be it. 

• Like 1