Week 1: BAL Ravens vs NY Jets

Bobby816

20 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

We need to be taking a hard look at our training and medical staff. Too many injuries and every injury has a timeline of  2 to 52 weeks.

Yankees have fired their training & medical staff early in the season before when things were out of control. This Jets team is reminiscent of that.

I'm excited to see this DL getting after it. They said that John Franklin Myers will be used a lot as a DT, I think that is a better spot for him. We have better DE talent this season so JFM can play a lot of DT, which is his best spot for pass rushing. Him and Q have the potential to really disrupt the middle. Then you have Carl Lawson at DE, but a guy I really like is Bryce Huff. He is super underrated and can get after the QB, when our DL destroyed the Titans, a big part was the amount of pressure Huff was giving off the edge. Jacob Martin will have a role. JJ hopefully will progress and make plays.  Then you have Clemons who looks good. This DL is deep and talented.  

DJ Reed looks ready to go, idk what is going on with his knee but hopefully he can stay healthy. Because him and Sauce at CB will make a huge difference. 

Lamar is gonna be a challenge because he is ridiculous with his running ability, we'll see how they can contain and get after him.  One thing I don't like is how small our safeties are. I like Whitehead, but then you also have Joyner who is 5'8, not a fan of that. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

So Fant isn’t happy about constantly having to switch sides and might not even be 100%. OT is looking like it’s back to the #1 need this offseason.

It was probably going to be number 1 regardless. Becton can’t be trusted and Fant is a FA after this year. Unless Zach completely ****s himself, OT will be number 1 on JD’s list.

There’s still plenty of guys to be excited about watching even without Wilson playing. So there’s no reason to be so down. We still have a good young WR and RB rooms. We have a totally revamped secondary to be excited about. Have the best pass rush we’ve had in a decade. And the TE room is talented.

We still should be fun to watch and hopefully wins start coming.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s still plenty of guys to be excited about watching even without Wilson playing. So there’s no reason to be so down. We still have a good young WR and RB rooms. We have a totally revamped secondary to be excited about. Have the best pass rush we’ve had in a decade. And the TE room is talented.

TBH, I am less concerned about Wilson than our OT’s. Given proper protection, Flacco, as does almost any QB, will move the team down the field. I hope I am pleasantly surprised by our OL. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

To keep it short, the problem is simply blocking. We could have great wrs and rbs but if we can run or pass block it won't matter. Failing to run means lots of 2nd or 3rd and longs. We won't have the pass blocking to let wrs win in long down situations. We're going to have to heavily relay on screens and draws to try and create confusion.

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

So Fant isn’t happy about constantly having to switch sides and might not even be 100%. OT is looking like it’s back to the #1 need this offseason.

Is this not reason enough to keep Fant at LT even when Brown is healthy? Unless Brown is an absolute liability on the right side (in which he shouldn’t be trusted to man the left side) then we should keep Fant on the left and gain some actual continuity. Flipping Fant back to the right is just going to further complicate things when we’ll be seeing Wilson back on the field. 

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

Is this not reason enough to keep Fant at LT even when Brown is healthy? Unless Brown is an absolute liability on the right side (in which he shouldn’t be trusted to man the left side) then we should keep Fant on the left and gain some actual continuity. Flipping Fant back to the right is just going to further complicate things when we’ll be seeing Wilson back on the field. 

The sad part is that Fant was not that great at RT and he does not like playing there. I can only assume Brown would only sign if played LT.  Personally, I would have signed a Brandon Shell or Eric Fisher to play RT and keep Fant at LT, assuming they would sign with us. Too much fooling around at OT.