Week 1 GDT: Giants @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

I said it during the game yesterday, but this offense, for all we crap on it's personnel and all that, dominated the NFL in 19 and 20, and maintained 15th in scoring despite no Henry for half the year and missing our top receivers for a significant portion of time last year.

With that level of success, it's probably not changing. And I get upset about it to, but then look back at results and realize eh, maybe I have no idea what I'm really talking about on the whole.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I said it during the game yesterday, but this offense, for all we crap on it's personnel and all that, dominated the NFL in 19 and 20, and maintained 15th in scoring despite no Henry for half the year and missing our top receivers for a significant portion of time last year.

With that level of success, it's probably not changing. And I get upset about it to, but then look back at results and realize eh, maybe I have no idea what I'm really talking about on the whole.

The idea of the offense was the same, but the person calling the plays understood the flow of the game so much better. I don't recall ever throwing the ball on first down close to 80% of the time under Arthur Smith, and we already saw last year that we were throwing it way less on first down than in years prior.

We were successful in 2019 and 2020 because of the explosive PA passing game, not because of 3 yard runs with Henry on first down.

I don't ever remember trotting out Geoff Swaim and Cody Hollister in critical red zone third-downs under Smith.

I don’t get excited no more why because I honestly don’t believe we’re a super bowl contender. Yea during those dark rebuilding yrs, all we wanted was a winning season & a playoff birth & get things turned around but at some point it’s like SB or bust. Last yr was definitely our SB window the rematch Rams VS titans & the moment was too big for Tannehill. Now I’m at the point that I want our young guys to develop Burks, Weaver, Fulton, Farley & Simmons & be ready to turn this offense over to Willis when he’s ready to start. I believe we can win a SB with Tannehill however I’ve been saying this, we need things in place for him to succeed that’s a defense & OC that can call plays. I have 0 confidence in Vrabel he’s a stubborn fool I’ve seen this act it’s Jeff fisher, the only reason we’re not a mediocre team sub 500 every yr is because we don’t face 1 of the greatest QB of all time in our division twice a yr anymore. That said Who would’ve thought that Art the TE’s coach who never called plays before was the answer to Tannehill & the TN titans prayers 

I'm not saying you can't be a team that runs the ball with 2 TEs and exploits openings in PA, but we're way more predictable than we were on early downs.

Early on we were going 2 TE on third and medium several times with Swaim as one of those receivers. What? Why?

Suppose he was this incredible blocker, why is he out there running routes and getting screens? We have a LT that is more athletic than him.

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

i mean, the *system* is, very broadly, a similar system to the one that guys like shanahan and mcvay and lafleur use. i don't need us to overhaul that. it's effective when run by someone with a modicum of creativity, actual feel for the game, and willingness to get the ball to our playmakers. the fact that we're stuck in this bull**** with endless first down runs, not targeting our skill players, etc- that's purely down to the specific coaches we have, whether it's more downing or more vrabel.