Week 1 GDT: Giants @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The OC is legit crazy.  NWI, Woods, Burks, Hooper, Chig, and Phillips should never ALL be off the field at once. 

Red zone snaps with Carter, Swaim and Hollister all on the field is the kind of personnel grouping that should’ve been thrown out in camp and never seen the light of day.

We’re sacrificing on-field talent while chasing an offensive identity that might just not work anymore. I’m assuming it’s a Downing thing, but I certainly can’t tule out that it’s a Vrabel thing. Though the play-calling disaster itself is obviously on Downing since he’s the one that actually calls in the plays.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

These two sum things up perfectly. Every failed third down started with a first-down run. Which is particularly tough when your play-caller desperately wants to have as many third downs as possible. 

insane fred savage GIF

If Twitter nerds and Madden players can see this, come on!  

One of the most promising thing was our rookie class looked really nice in their debut. Burks and Phillips were our most reliable pass catchers. McCreary and NPF were both invisible this game (which is great for a CB and OL). Hassan Haskins showed great pass protection in limited PT. Chig showed his playmaking ability on his catch. Nice to see their promising training camp/preseason carry into the regular season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

One more thought...

It's one game. Sucks but one game. 

The real suck part is that it's the same problems from last year with some new ones like the run defense. 

So what will change over the next couple weeks?

10-7....9-8 record?

TANK FOR WILL ANDERSON

I do think this team goes in a full rebuild after this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if Jones, Lewan, Dupree, Tannehill, and Henry are all gone. Could be a mediocre year this season then a full on rebuild.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

TANK FOR WILL ANDERSON

I do think this team goes in a full rebuild after this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if Jones, Lewan, Dupree, Tannehill, and Henry are all gone.

We'd have to bottom out for that.

Dupree, Tanny and lesser extent Henry weren't the problem yesterday. Henry seen better days but he can't be 200 yard King every game, especially when things are so predictable. 

The line held up better than I expected. 1 sack I think and was it really a sack? A couple pressures nothing Tanny couldn't handle. 

OC gotta go. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We'd have to bottom out for that.

Dupree, Tanny and lesser extent Henry weren't the problem yesterday. Henry seen better days but he can't be 200 yard King every game, especially when things are so predictable. 

The line held up better than I expected. 1 sack I think and was it really a sack? A couple pressures nothing Tanny couldn't handle. 

OC gotta go. 

That's the problem he won't go. Even though we have a guy capable of doing it on staff. Vrabel will blame everything but his buddy. 

Scoring 20 points and losing a game against the Giants, who are missing their top two pass rushers, despite a good Tannehill game where he averaged over eight yards per attempt with no turnovers is just so unacceptable. I just keep coming back to that. We had a good, safe Tannehill game. The kind of performance we were begging for last year. And it wasn’t enough to even get a home win against the Giants. That’s just so discouraging.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Scoring 20 points and losing a game against the Giants, who are missing their top two pass rushers, despite a good Tannehill game where he averaged over eight yards per attempt with no turnovers is just so unacceptable. I just keep coming back to that. We had a good, safe Tannehill game. The kind of performance we were begging for last year. And it wasn’t enough to even get a home win against the Giants. That’s just so discouraging.

Only solace I find in this is that it's week 1 and the division sucked yesterday. The uneasy comes from knowing the issues are same issues as last year and not likely being corrected anytime soon. 

Looking back to last year as a reference:
Packers were blown out, rebounded.
We were embarrassed, had a good season.
Bills lost to what ended up being a terrible Steelers team.

Some of the teams that won ended up being bad. 

Yada Yada Yada.

Not gonna overreact, but not gonna brush it off either. 

Todd Downing sucks, that’s an easy one.

This offense just doesn’t have enough weapons. 

Struggling against that Giants team, eesh. Have fun playing the big boys. 

It doesn’t look like the King is gonna save anyone this year. I hope I am wrong on that. I want him to have a great year. I am worried about him coming around.

Defense had good moments. But overall has some problems. Damn Fulton, you got put in the blender. We started relying on Dylan Cole to make plays. 😬 That stuff costs you games. Imagine when you have to play an offense with multiple weapons and Cole is out there?

This one didn’t hurt as much for me sadly because I had tempered expectations going into this year. This year has always felt like a transition year for me.

Idk, man. A Bills win also isn’t gonna give me hopium. Fundamental change has to happen on offense. The repetitive cycle is broken. Adjust.

Edited by twotonebluenation

Unfortunately, all of these concerns from the offensive coaching staff and philosophy are the exact same I had last year, put aside because of the fact that we had so many injuries and still got the #1 seed.

We had a lot of luck in the coin flip games that ultimately slowed legitimate complaints from coming out and it's why media called us the worst #1 seed of all time.

Too many people bought into the "Derrick Henry is this team" mindset. 

It's 2022. It's a passing league, IDC who your RB is. I've been saying this since before we resigned Henry and for some reason people keep thinking Henry averaging 4 YPC on 32 carries is a good offensive philosophy. 

The real question with our coaching staff is whether or not Mike Vrabel will always try to play this way on offense regardless of OC. 

Because if he does, it doesn't matter what we do, we will never be the contender in the AFC that the Bills and Chiefs are, even if we can beat them in a coin flip in the regular season.

Edited by TitanSS