Week 1 GDT: Giants @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

8 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Todd Downing sucks, that’s an easy one.

This offense just doesn’t have enough weapons. 

Struggling against that Giants team, eesh. Have fun playing the big boys. 

It doesn’t look like the King is gonna save anyone this year. I hope I am wrong on that. I want him to have a great year. I am worried about him coming around.

Defense had good moments. But overall has some problems. Damn Fulton, you got put in the blender. We started relying on Dylan Cole to make plays. 😬 That stuff costs you games. Imagine when you have to play an offense with multiple weapons and Cole is out there?

This one didn’t hurt as much for me sadly because I had tempered expectations going into this year. This year has always felt like a transition year for me.

Idk, man. A Bills win also isn’t gonna give me hopium. Fundamental change has to happen on offense. The repetitive cycle is broken. Adjust.

Just when I write him off Derrick comes back. So I'll see what happens after 4 games. After the Cardinals game I was feeling the same.

And that's the thing, never in that game did I feel like the Giants were stopping us. They did well against the run, but it never felt like  man, we can't do anything against this stone wall defense or they really got our number and killing our O-line. 
It was always, why did WE do that? What are WE doing?

Fulton and the announcers gave a good reason for that blown play. The play was all designed to go to the right. And the QB makes that long throw maybe 1 time out 800. Like they never throw the the backside of that play. They must have saw something that told them to try it. 

A win against the Bills would shut up some national media for a second and lessen the heat. But if we go up there and get 50 dropped on us, good luck. 

If you want to run 12 personnel or 21 personnel as your base formations, that's fine. If you want to split out one of your TEs as a receiving threat from those formations to get a mismatch. Great! Geoff ******* Swaim is not that guy. He's not a mismatch with Vita Vea in coverage.

22 personnel for an entire red zone series with Hollister as your only WR on the field is a fireable offense. 22 personnel should be reserved for goaline and 3rd/4th and inches situations. Not one of your go to formations for an entire series.

• Like 1

The defense did more than enough to win that game. Big Jeff is so good. 

Clean the flags up. Bench the bums at WR and our defense will win us the south this year. Ryan played pretty well but not well enough to WILL a team to a win but clean enough. The king will get on track. He's the last thing I'm worried about rn. Kyle is legit in the slot and Trey looked ight. Play calling was just so awful.

Gonna be a long year. IM HERE FOR IT :D Big boy test next week. I think we show up and show out. Us on the road. The super bowl fav bills smashed the defending champs and are rested up. MNF. Hopefully we catch them sleeping. 

Henry isn’t washed please relax people there’s no drop off, he’s cutting an accelerating he typically starts the season off slow every yr except last yr & he broke his foot. We have a rookie RT, a washed up LT that hasn’t been elite since he stop juicing & a undersized LG who got called for a phantom hold. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Henry isn’t washed please relax people there’s no drop off, he’s cutting an accelerating he typically starts the season off slow every yr except last yr & he broke his foot. We have a rookie RT, a washed up LT that hasn’t been elite since he stop juicing & a undersized LG who got called for a phantom hold. 

This is my hope. I just want him to pop off this year. More than anything I want him healthy and to go ham.

You can chalk a lot of things up to it being week 1 and not overreacting.

These personnel decisions aren't it. You had all off-season and this is the best you can come up with?

Please for the love of baby Jesus fire Todd Downing and do it yesterday.

Edited by TitanSS