Week 1 GDT: Giants @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's crazy how little I want to talk about this game. 
I mean same thing all the time.

"Need to clean up somethings."

Just really should have won this game by the 2nd quarter. We were dominating them.

It's because we all know the game should have been put away early. But we are all used to this crap franchise doing this exact thing. Go up and become complacent, let the other team come back into it. We are used to losing to bad teams. We also know by year end we will probably be into the thick of things. Then lay an egg when it matters the most against actual good teams. It's the same old Titans 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And this is why we don't pay a wr $100 million. 

We don't target them in double digits. 

What confuses me is why we don’t consistently make the conscious decision to get the ball into our playmakers hands week in and week out

even when AJ was on the team. It was more certain that Swaim would get targets on any given week than he would

embellishment, sure. But not that much.

17 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

What confuses me is why we don’t consistently make the conscious decision to get the ball into our playmakers hands week in and week out

even when AJ was on the team. It was more certain that Swaim would get targets on any given week than he would

embellishment, sure. But not that much.

this is what's been killing me for YEARS with this team. it was even true under art smith though he had a feel for playcalling downing absolutely lacks and was able to find success with it. but we absolutely refuse to make a concerted effort to get the ball to our difference makers, and it's excruciating to watch damn near every other competent nfl franchise and see that they understand that. i just can't wrap my head around it at all. makes watching this offense a complete drag.

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

9-10, 130 yards, 2 touchdowns. That was Tannehill’s line on first down today. Fortunately we ran it on 67% of first downs though.

I can say Tanny wasn't the problem. 
He had a couple throws he needed back. 

He put us down there. He was sharp for the most part. 

Just sucks we wasted a pretty good day from him and Simmons/D-line. 

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is what's been killing me for YEARS with this team. it was even true under art smith though he had a feel for playcalling downing absolutely lacks and was able to find success with it. but we absolutely refuse to make a concerted effort to get the ball to our difference makers, and it's excruciating to watch damn near every other competent nfl franchise and see that they understand that. i just can't wrap my head around it at all. makes watching this offense a complete drag.

What other nfl team runs 13 personnel MULTIPLE times in a game with their 5th wideout?

I think Burks went multiple series without getting on the field 

woods wasn’t even part of the O

Forcefeeding to henry

drawing up plays FOR SWAIM

unreal

i was just reminded by a friend that this is literally not the first time the titans have run the ball with a backup tight end who had never run the ball before on a crucial short yardage play and i think i am going to begin a scorched-earth campaign to disband this team

24 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

What other nfl team runs 13 personnel MULTIPLE times in a game with their 5th wideout?

I think Burks went multiple series without getting on the field 

woods wasn’t even part of the O

Forcefeeding to henry

drawing up plays FOR SWAIM

unreal

When I saw that 13 personnel with Hollister in the red zone on 3rd down I literally wanted to sparta kick my tv.

You can’t make that make sense to me. I just don’t understand it.

I spent much of the offseason complaining about the Swaim resigning. As much as I wanted to believe that signing him on Day 1 of FA to a fully guaranteed deal wasn’t a bad sign, I knew it was a bad sign that he had his role on this offense locked up.

Even in all of those complaints, I never imagined that what it actually meant is that he was in line for a significantly expanded role. Even for Downing, that seemed impossibly stupid.