Week 1 GDT: Giants @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

I know it's a delicate balance between health and getting ready, but man. Players need to get bumped around before the real bullets start flying.

Henry needs to take a bump or two.

Tanny needs to feel the pressure.

If Malik ever becomes the QB, he can't afford to just sit a whole preseason. He needs as many reps as he can get. 

Two years now, we've come out looking out of sorts and out of rhythm. 

39 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

🗣Bring Robiskie back please 😆

Im not gonna sit here and act like I truly understand the schemes, x's and o's, beyond the surface level

It's just clear that Downing is in over his head and has no real feel for playcalling

Art Smith FELT the game. Very, very well. Not every call was the right one, but there was a clear rhyme or reason why he did things...pass helped the run and vice versa. We were a better team (better OL...had AJ...best version of Henry), but he just knew what he was doing.

I have zero faith that Downing will ever improve. The sheer fact that, in our last 2 games alone, we were making a concerted effort to get guys like Chester Rogers and Geoff Swaim the ball in big moments is just SO concerning. I know part of this is Vrabel, too, which makes it all even worse.

We need an adult in the room on offense. We need someone w/ fresh eyes to fix this mess, because it's going to continue to be messy through the ups and downs of the season. If it's Tim Kelly, so be it, but then it needs to be Tim's offense and not Tim's offense w/ Vrabel's oversight.

I said it back then and I'll say it again...it was clear when Pep Hamilton was a sham OC interview that Vrabel has no intention to change this O. Not saying Hamilton is a world-beater, but he's an adult with a brain.

56 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

My only hope is that looking through the scores for the week, not many teams put up big numbers. 

Week 1 is weird in general. Problem is, we can’t afford to just blow games like we did Sunday especially with this schedule in September. Bills, Raiders, and then Colts. Giants should’ve been the one guarantee win. Very well could be 0-4 to start the season with this bozo running the offense.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Why are we like this.....

Seeing AJ Brown get 13 targets(something that only happened two times while he was here) in his first game with Philly, a run first team, is disheartening.

Meanwhile, we may be the only team in the league to run a WRBC system. I don’t know why any big time WR would want to play here.

• Like 5