College Football Week 2 Thread: Where we laugh at the Hokies and Brian Kelly leading up

MikeT14

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I wonder if NBC understands that everybody who tunes into Notre Dame games has a clear rooting interest, so the quality of the commentary is largely irrelevant.  So they just use this to give guys reps calling football games in case they need to be called up to a different NBC sports broadcast.

I so enjoy listening to Garrett-isms again...

This might be the worst group of QBs I’ve ever seen at ND. And worst receiving corps. I was calling for pulling Buchner but didn’t expect Pyne to be even more impotent. That was painful. And none of our receivers could catch a cold. Michael Mayer is a first round pick purely based on the disparity between him and the next best pass catcher on the team, never mind his actual ability by itself. 

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I have sat through some bad Iowa football in my life, but I don't know if I"ve seen a Hawkeye squad as deeply committed to making football enjoyable only in retrospect if at all.

They had one of the most  entertaining players currently in the NFL on their team in George kittle and were like, "you know what, we just won't use him. That way we aren't being confused for possibly trying to be entertaining"

Their dedication to joyless football is something else

• Like 1