Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

With the price of WR’s today & how they’re coming out of college producing. I guess teams are saying if the guy isn’t a clear cut 1, we’re better off drafting a WR on a rookie deal, & if we don’t get the guy we want well revisit FA after the draft 

16 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

With the price of WR’s today & how they’re coming out of college producing. I guess teams are saying if the guy isn’t a clear cut 1, we’re better off drafting a WR on a rookie deal, & if we don’t get the guy we want well revisit FA after the draft 

That something I said the other day. 

I can't remember the last FA that played well when paid in Free agency. 

Unless you trade for one, you have to just draft one.

Draft one in the first or second. I think it falls into NWI territory after that.

First or second is the only way to possibly find a good #2. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

That something I said the other day. 

I can't remember the last FA that played well when paid in Free agency. 

Unless you trade for one, you have to just draft one.

Draft one in the first or second. I think it falls into NWI territory after that.

First or second is the only way to possibly find a good #2. 

If you play your cards right you may luck up and find a quality #2 WR at a fair price, like we did with Nate Washington and Rishard Matthews.

But spending big money on a guy hoping he’ll develop into a #1 guy is where teams go wrong. See the Jets with Corey Davis.

Trent Sherfield is the guy I’d take a gamble on. Not a sexy name but he has ties to Carthon, has the speed element we’re looking for, has Tennessee ties (went to Vandy), and is a good special teams player. He took advantage of a bigger role last year and worked his way to WR #3 on Miami, so maybe there’s something there where he could work himself into a top 3 WR here. At worse, he’s a quality WR to have on our WR group.

22 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Doesn’t sound like Titans involved..Sherifield signed to the dolphins.. I’m convinced we’re goin WR at 11 lol

I doubt it, I honestly think we’re taking a pass rusher at 11 if someone were eyeing fall or were going to trade down & acquire more picks. Makes no sense to go WR at 11 my opinion no WR is worthy to be picked that high this like the draft AJ came out great value in the late 1st 2nd round. 

22 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I doubt it, I honestly think we’re taking a pass rusher at 11 if someone were eyeing fall or were going to trade down & acquire more picks. Makes no sense to go WR at 11 my opinion no WR is worthy to be picked that high this like the draft AJ came out great value in the late 1st 2nd round. 

I been preparing myself for a CB at 11 honestly lol.. With Fulton struggling to stay on the Field and his contract ending soon, along with Farley and Molden not staying healthy.. I could see us goin that way if Witherspoon or Gonzalez make it to 11

25 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I been preparing myself for a CB at 11 honestly lol.. With Fulton struggling to stay on the Field and his contract ending soon, along with Farley and Molden not staying healthy.. I could see us goin that way if Witherspoon or Gonzalez make it to 11

Or a Safety/LB