2023 NFL draft thread

Forge

On 3/2/2023 at 5:50 PM, Forge said:

Some of the DTs in this class are just very undersized it seems like. High 270s and low 280s.

Perfect for what we look for to be honest. We want explosive tackles that have quick get offs and it seems like this draft has a bunch of those players. DT and TE is what to expect in the 3rd round. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Perfect for what we look for to be honest. We want explosive tackles that have quick get offs and it seems like this draft has a bunch of those players. DT and TE is what to expect in the 3rd round. 

Yes, but I'd like to get one monster in the middle. Vita vea type. If ika falls into the third round, would love to make a play on him

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Am i crazy for thinking Jaren Hall would be a nice pick-up as a back-up QB for us. No clue where he will go but in the 4th or 5th i would have no problem picking him up.

I'm probably out given his age, but I do expect us to draft a QB at some point. But 25 years old is just an auto do not draft for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm probably out given his age, but I do expect us to draft a QB at some point. But 25 years old is just an auto do not draft for me. 

Yeah i totally get that its a big downside. Funniest thing is that the chance that if we draft a QB he is the oldest in the QB room is pretty high.

For me the age thing is more important for early picks where you project them to be your long term starter. With us you basically grab him to be a back-up which changes it for me personally.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Yes, but I'd like to get one monster in the middle. Vita vea type. If ika falls into the third round, would love to make a play on him

I mean that's fine but our run defense was very good even without that type of DT. 

Gould leaving all but assures us taking a kicker with one of our 3rd round picks, huh? 

So we will be drafting a kicker, DT and TE with our three 3rd round picks. Done deal! 

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean that's fine but our run defense was very good even without that type of DT. 

Gould leaving all but assures us taking a kicker with one of our 3rd round picks, huh? 

So we will be drafting a kicker, DT and TE with our three 3rd round picks. Done deal! 

Jake Moody in 5 maybe.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yea but a space-eating nose eats up double teams and allows for our 3Ts to work one-on-one.

Alot of our pass-rush woes from the inside was due to us not having the proper NT to absorb those tanden blocks.

Even when Ridgeway was healthy, he wasn't great against doubles. 

We really need that space eater with power but still be able to work those one-on-ones when given the opportunity.

It could really transform the front four.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

So Chris Weinke was never on your boards? Lol. I actually forgot he ended up on our team for a year.

• Like 1