Random Thoughts- Reg season edition

dll2000

Peter King's football in america has a "halfway check in" w/ awards and such.

I know we all wanted pickens in the 2nd, but he has Brisker at 2 and Gordon at 5 for his top defensive rookies award. Sauce is 1, Hutch is 3, and jack jones is 4. only question is putting gordon over tariq woolen imo, but the fact that someone that plugged in has our 2 dbs in the top 5 shows that those might not have been wasted picks, and i know at the time while we were all disappointed, we recognized that finding dudes in our depleted secondary was necessary at some point in time - if these two actually become long term hits, thats huge

36 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

only question is putting gordon over tariq woolen imo

Man I wanted Woolen so bad

Yea, that seems like an oversight by him. But Gordon seems like he’s going to be a good pick (just sucks it’s going to be compared to Pickens forever)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, that seems like an oversight by him. But Gordon seems like he’s going to be a good pick (just sucks it’s going to be compared to Pickens forever)

Agreed. I think i had a mock with him in the 3rd or 4th for us at one point. his size and speed are insane

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Definitely. I wanted to trade into the 4th for him. Measurable were crazy.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Hey duders, we just signed wr Dazz Newsome to our practice squad. Just wondering what yall think about him. Thanks 🤜🤛

Shifty but not a very good receiver. Poor man's Tavon Austin. Might be able to be a solid returner and if Reid wants to get him a few touches in space he might be able to be a decent depth piece. 

With how well Reid uses speed he might actually find a niche role. I'm not betting on it, but I'm not betting against a Reid/Mahomes combo either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This week has been so busy between work and personal life.

Crazy.

Yep, same here.  For about 2-3 weeks now. Little to no downtime, short staffed at work, house stuff, family stuff, everyone in the house taking turns getting sick, etc.  uggggh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Yep, same here.  For about 2-3 weeks now. Little to no downtime, short staffed at work, house stuff, family stuff, everyone in the house taking turns getting sick, etc.  uggggh.

Adding sickness in sucks.  I had a gout attack last week that sucked and I didn’t sleep for like 3-4 days.  Other than that we have all been healthy for awhile. 

Daughter was in a play and they work them to death.  parents have to volunteer so wife was gone for a week and all stuff she does. 

Super busy at work and I am running son to all his things and there are no groceries in the house.  

I have volunteered for church ministries and charities and trying to get to all those. 

Then my hot water heater and garage door breaks. 

Plus we have Halloween events.

So church kids went on hayride at this big park and I am sneaking through woods with a costume trying to scare them. Except I don’t know these woods or tractor path and all I am doing is getting lost and tripping on sticks in dark and getting burrs.  Finally caught them near end and they weren’t scared in least. LOL

I have no idea how single moms or dads function.  That has to be soooo hard.

All that and I get home to watch Bears game at 10 pm after Halloween event for kids at church and promptly pass out.  

Not real problems. Not complaining.  Just busy.  

• Like 2