Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Eagles (1-0)

swede700

49 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Bring in Nathaniel Hackett for HC!

Will a Hackett-like game clock decision do?  KOC calling time out with 27 seconds left in The Half, and The Eagles with the ball and a reasonably possible 3rd Down that could be converted, seems to go against the odds (just like a few of Hackett's decisions vs. The Seahawks.  

It seems to me that the odds of The Eagles converting the 1st down and getting into range for a field goal were a LOT higher than The Vikings stopping them after a 7-9 seconds play (then down to 18-20 seconds left), and burning off more clock (maybe 4-6 seconds with the punt play) (now down to maybe 12-13 seconds left for The Vikings to get into field goal range.  Giving the opponent MORE TIME TO SCORE when they HAVE POSSESSION, when the clock could otherwise move down to almost not enough to score, just to gain some seconds IF you can stop them, when, after 2 more plays remove time, you'll likely not have enough time left to do anything, makes NO SENSE AT ALL!

45 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Next week is going to be a big test for the character of this team. And, frankly, none bigger than for Justin Jefferson. 

Jefferson was pouting all game because he was getting beat by Slay. You need your playmakers to stay focused. He lost his focus today. 

Everything I’ve seen from Jefferson makes me think it’ll be taken as a learning experience for him. That was surprising to see from him.

On 9/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:
On 9/12/2022 at 7:12 AM, swede700 said:

I still have no belief in the Eagles and think they are the most over-hyped team in the entire NFL.

On 9/13/2022 at 6:13 AM, swede700 said:

I have absolutely no concerns about Philly.  As I've also said a lot recently, I have no belief in them.  I think they're frauds.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:14 AM, swede700 said:

All I'm saying is that they aren't nearly as good as people seem to think they are.  In a weak division in a weak conference, they are made to look better than they are.  They are nowhere near #2 in the NFC...I even struggle to put them in the top 5, as I'd take GB, Min, LA, TB and SF above them fairly easily when you factor in both talent and coaching staff together.  I put them basically in the same category as I put Arizona in that 6-7 range.  Based on their schedule, they might end up with the 2nd best record, but they are nowhere near the 2nd best team.    

😂😂🤣

I called him out back on Saturday on page 3. If anybody was trolling it was him. 

7 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Sounds like trolling. Go back under your bridge. I’m sure that cesspool of a city has somewhere you can seek refuge. 

7 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

So you’re trolling. Because you didn’t have the balls to mention it before the game, just in case he was right. Proud boy, you must be. 

You’ve been hilariously sensitive this entire thread just skimming through. Stop it lol. 

Some thoughts on the game:

1. Blame who ever you want, there’s was plenty to be had all around.

2. They looked like a team that was in week 2 of executing new schemes, both offensively and defensively. 

3. Rookies like Cine and Asamoah need to see more playing time on defense. Their speed is sorely needed. 

4. Cousins and Jefferson melted down. This was probably Cousins’ worst game since the Atlanta game in 2020, and it was made worse by Jefferson turning into a pouting child on the field. Hopefully he’s not spending too much time around Karl Anthony-Towns. 

5. Drops, drops, and more drops. Hard to settle down a QB and get him into a rhythm when everybody is dropping easy passes. 

6. Overall, I thought the o-line played well. Pass blocking looks much better. There were a couple of miscues later in the game, but they looked more like miscommunication rather than getting beat due to more fundamentals/lack of talent. The running game needs some work. 

7. It’s week 2. No reason to sound the alarms. I look forward to seeing how O’Connell gets the team refocused heading into week 3. No one expected this team to go 17-0. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Ah yes. Wait until the 4th quarter to make your presence known by quoting a post from 2 days ago. You brave soul, you. 

The dude said they were "frauds" which is absolute bull**** all the way around.  I said the Eagles were a ridiculously talented team and easily one of the best in the NFC, to pretend they did not look like that last night, well they did.  

By the way, the game Darius Slay played was probably one of the most dominating games I have seen any corner player in probably 10+ years, that was a show he put on is super rare this day and age, dude dominated the football game.  He had 2 INTs could of had 4.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I called him out back on Saturday on page 3. If anybody was trolling it was him. 

You’ve been hilariously sensitive this entire thread just skimming through. Stop it lol. 

Don’t mind him. Some of us are more realistic with what this team is. Some are stuck in their ways. Every fan base is like that.

GL the rest of the way.

• Like 2