Week 2: NY Jets vs CLE Browns

Bobby816

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

Flacco showed something on the field for the first time in like three years. He was calm and didn't throw arm punts. I think the thing I liked most about his game today was that he didn't give up on players. There were a couple of times where he hit players in the open and they dropped the ball. That didn't cause him to abandon them.

It's hard for me to give Saleh much credit beyond keeping them motivated. Didn't like the clock management or play calls. Needed a fluke blown coverage and an onside recovery to be competitive.

We need to see more than that to get real faith in this guy. 

Exactly. It’s not like me or anyone else could see something that wasn’t obvious in highlighting how bad Joe was last week but Jesus he’s bounced back with a great game today. 

Defense worries me so much though. Just have to hope we can start generating more pressure because our d-line was a supposed to be a huge strength of the team. So far not so much. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Saleh ain’t do nothing. Him and Ulbrich should be walking home.

Whatever he’s saying to the group must be working if today is to go by. Easily could of shut the door and moved on to next week 0-2.

Showed the hunger and fight to get a W. 

Our defense sucks though your right. Ulbrich is so bad. 

I hope we wait until Flacco looks bad before we put Wilson out there. If Flacco is sitting at 10tds/3ints by the time Wilson is ready, you run the risk of killing the rhythm on offense and add more pressure on Wilson. If Flacco falls a part, then Wilson comes out without the pressure of performing as well as Flacco. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I hope we wait until Flacco looks bad before we put Wilson out there. If Flacco is sitting at 10tds/3ints by the time Wilson is ready, you run the risk of killing the rhythm on offense and add more pressure on Wilson. If Flacco falls a part, then Wilson comes out without the pressure of performing as well as Flacco. 

He looked really bad just last week

Its Zach’s team the second he gets the nod from the Docs

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Braden Mann by far. 

I'd put him on the tier below with Davis. We don't get to drive for the game winner without that ballsy onside kick but we still needed to drive. The punt fake def helps him into the conversation too. Davis' pick probably saved us from losing on a fg at the end.

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

He looked really bad just last week

Its Zach’s team the second he gets the nod from the Docs

Yeah, but we play a struggling Bengals defense and unhealthy Steelers defense next. If Flacco continues to look good and we force Wilson out there and he doesn't, we're going to get ripped for that and Wilson will get the worst of it. If Flacco struggles like last week (I expect him to do it at some point), then get Wilson out there.

I want us to take as much pressure off of Wilson we can. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m happy we won but this win isn’t an indication of anything to come because we can’t bank on a corner falling asleep and recovering an onside kick to get back into a game. We’re still falling short in multiple areas but the youth on this team is giving us a lot of hope. 

I agree. Great win for the confidence and momentum, but we have a lot to work on. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, but we play a struggling Bengals defense and unhealthy Steelers defense next. If Flacco continues to look good and we force Wilson out there and he doesn't, we're going to get ripped for that and Wilson will get the worst of it. If Flacco struggles like last week (I expect him to do it at some point), then get Wilson out there.

I want us to take as much pressure off of Wilson we can. 

He’ll be under pressure no matter what. Pressure to play well if he replaces a playing well Flacco, pressure to provide a spark if he replaces a poor Flacco. Gotta just throw him out there when he’s ready, he’s gonna play eventually no need to prolong it.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He’ll be under pressure no matter what. Pressure to play well if he replaces a playing well Flacco, pressure to provide a spark if he replaces a poor Flacco. Gotta just throw him out there when he’s ready, he’s gonna play eventually no need to prolong it.

I think one is worse than the other, but we'll see what happens. As long as the oline protects either one, we'll be solid. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think one is worse than the other, but we'll see what happens. As long as the oline protects either one, we'll be solid. 

I liked what I saw from the line today mostly. Hard to contain Garrett and Clowney but they held up. Where they struggle is with blitz heavy teams that show pressure whether it’s coming or not. That’s gotta improve.

Truth is, this offense is loaded up for a QB to do well. We as Jets fans are not used to seeing a offense with this much talent.

Garrett Wilson looks like a legit WR1 out there. Corey Davis is at his best with where he is at, as a #2-3 WR. Elijah Moore hasn't had that big moment yet, but he is getting open and is very good as well. Then you throw in Berrios who is a good player. 

Breece Hall and Michael Carter at RB will only get better, those 2 create problems.

We need to see if Wilson is the answer, because this offense is built for him to succeed. The biggest issue is the OL, but they battled today. I don't think Mitchell has looked terrible at RT, I think he is showing he has upside to be a starting OT in the league. That sack he gave up to Clowney, I felt like he did his job, it was a great play by Clowney and Flacco could have avoided it by stepping up. 

• Like 1