Week 2: NY Jets vs CLE Browns

Bobby816

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I defended Gase because everyone else was afford excuses that he was not. I personally don’t care about wins or losses, it’s about being competitive and this team hasn’t been under any of the previous coaches.

How weren’t we competitive last week. We weren’t out of the game until the 4th quarter. Against a team that we weren’t supposed to beat even with our starting QB. Did we play a clean game? No way. But it wasn’t atrocious. Joyner doesn’t make a couple bad plays and we don’t turn the ball over as often and we’re right in that game.

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

How weren’t we competitive last week. We weren’t out of the game until the 4th quarter. Against a team that we weren’t supposed to beat even with our starting QB. Did we play a clean game? No way. But it wasn’t atrocious. Joyner doesn’t make a couple bad plays and we don’t turn the ball over as often and we’re right in that game.

We showed ZERO threat to score a TD all game except for a late junk TD. I have us out every game until we start to put up 20 plus points in a few games in a row. This team struggles to put up a TD in the first half for a few years now. Just 1 freaking TD in the first half. This is why we are out of games. Until this team shows it can score 3 TD's in 1 game this team will always be out of ever game. This team has to play lights out D to get a win or a TD from the D. This is how bad I think this O is.  

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Competitive over the course of a tenure. Not just during a single game or small stretch. I should have clarified. 

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

but I really am not in love with the defensive scheme he brought

The D looked pretty good last week save for miscues by Joyner and Hall.  Forget last year as the D had little talent on the field.  This is the year his scheme should be judged.  We only gave up 63 yds. on the ground to one of the better rushing O's.  This week should be another huge test for the run D.

13 hours ago, xrade said:

The D looked pretty good last week save for miscues by Joyner and Hall.  Forget last year as the D had little talent on the field.  This is the year his scheme should be judged.  We only gave up 63 yds. on the ground to one of the better rushing O's.  This week should be another huge test for the run D.

honestly on Hall's TD ... he was beat early but he did get back into position and even touch the ball I believe ... Joyner was just ugh.... 

On 9/16/2022 at 7:45 AM, jetfuel34 said:

We showed ZERO threat to score a TD all game except for a late junk TD. I have us out every game until we start to put up 20 plus points in a few games in a row. This team struggles to put up a TD in the first half for a few years now. Just 1 freaking TD in the first half. This is why we are out of games. Until this team shows it can score 3 TD's in 1 game this team will always be out of ever game. This team has to play lights out D to get a win or a TD from the D. This is how bad I think this O is.  

This isn’t the same old jets though. We’ve made investments on the O. That in time will start showing. We have the best WR room we’ve had in decades. A very young and talented backfield. When healthy a good OL. It comes down to Wilson and if he can make the right decisions and throws. We won’t know that until he comes back. Until then…. We have to do like every team that’s playing it’s backup QB and just hope to scratch out a win or 2. 

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

When healthy a good OL

That is one of my concerns. The two or three OL are the starters - Fant, Tomlinson and McG - were responsible for most of the OL failures last week. We can chalk it up to lack of time together and position change (Fant), but they really need to step up this week.  This O goes nowhere without competent play from them.

Does everyone realize we have the most money devoted to our OL compared to every other team?

1 hour ago, xrade said:

That is one of my concerns. The two or three OL are the starters - Fant, Tomlinson and McG - were responsible for most of the OL failures last week. We can chalk it up to lack of time together and position change (Fant), but they really need to step up this week.  This O goes nowhere without competent play from them.

Does everyone realize we have the most money devoted to our OL compared to every other team?

The positive to that is that they’ll have played together for a few weeks before Wilson comes back to where the communication will be better. 

35 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Exactly. They need to produce on the field. 

No question.

What I’m trying to say is that at least we’ve built the team the correct way now. Previous years we’ve just had no hope. At least we have talent now. They still need to show up and produce. But we aren’t an untalented team anymore. The issue is more how young we are. So the consistency won’t be there week in and week out. But we need to have those flashes and such.