Week 2: NY Jets vs CLE Browns

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah with him we definitely had a shot especially going up against Brissett and Trubisky. This staff should be able to Gameplan victories in those games.

IMO, we are going up against other backup QBs with our backup QB. That puts the Browns and Steelers on equal footing with our offense, so if we lose or get demolished it's clearly because of the coaching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah with him we definitely had a shot especially going up against Brissett and Trubisky. This staff should be able to Gameplan victories in those games.

That is the problem. This coaching staff is not that good. I think the only way they win these games is pure luck. You need pick 6 and about 4 turnovers. I do not feel good going into a game thinking we can out coach them. That will never happen with this staff. 

Edited by jetfuel34

6 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

IMO, we are going up against other backup QBs with our backup QB. That puts the Browns and Steelers on equal footing with our offense, so if we lose or get demolished it's clearly because of the coaching.

Yup. We have to manufacture success because we’re down QB1 and playing a lot of young guys. This staff has let us down.

Load the box, make Brissett pass the ball. 3rd and long means no play action. The Defensive Backs outside of Joyner should be able to repeat their work last week though Cooper is far better than the Ravens best receivers. 

On offense you gotta use their aggressiveness against them. Screen passes to the backs, wideouts and tight ends. Can just run zone and drop back, have to call players and not plays to move the ball.

This is another good test for our CBs. DPJ is underrated and I loved David Bell coming out of college. Their defense can be tough as well. Even if we were 100% healthy, this would still be a tough game. It becomes tougher if Whitehead is out. It's still a must win game for Saleh, but he'll have to earn this one. 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Load the box, make Brissett pass the ball. 3rd and long means no play action. The Defensive Backs outside of Joyner should be able to repeat their work last week though Cooper is far better than the Ravens best receivers. 

On offense you gotta use their aggressiveness against them. Screen passes to the backs, wideouts and tight ends. Can just run zone and drop back, have to call players and not plays to move the ball.

Ya for me I want to see us run the ball more and get the ball out of Flacco’s hand fast by design. Let our skill guys do the work. Not him. Holding Chubb and shunt to average games will be key in this. I was worried about our run defense this season a bit. But we showed up last week. Unfortunately the S play with Whitehead out and Joyner just not being good might hurt us again. I expect them to test us right up the gut. Running and throws down the seems.

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya for me I want to see us run the ball more and get the ball out of Flacco’s hand fast by design. Let our skill guys do the work. Not him. Holding Chubb and shunt to average games will be key in this. I was worried about our run defense this season a bit. But we showed up last week. Unfortunately the S play with Whitehead out and Joyner just not being good might hurt us again. I expect them to test us right up the gut. Running and throws down the seems.

Whitehead practiced today, hopefully that means he's good for Sunday.

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yup. We have to manufacture success because we’re down QB1 and playing a lot of young guys. This staff has let us down.

For someone who still to this day defends the previous staff, you're awfully quick to point the finger.

The rah rah stuff you've alluded to is fair, but I'm giving the guy more than one season to figure it out on the field; and losing to Lamar/Harbaugh last week certainly wasn't a let down. This week is obviously different. No reason we can't win, no excuse not to be competitive. Staff needs to show up.

39 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

For someone who still to this day defends the previous staff, you're awfully quick to point the finger.

The rah rah stuff you've alluded to is fair, but I'm giving the guy more than one season to figure it out on the field; and losing to Lamar/Harbaugh last week certainly wasn't a let down. This week is obviously different. No reason we can't win, no excuse not to be competitive. Staff needs to show up.

I defended Gase because everyone else was afford excuses that he was not. I personally don’t care about wins or losses, it’s about being competitive and this team hasn’t been under any of the previous coaches.

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Spoiler alert: we don’t, we have a cheerleader who says what everyone wants to hear. 

Yeah hard to argue that at the moment. I want to like him so badly, but I really am not in love with the defensive scheme he brought nor a decent amount of the decisions he has made but in game and with the roster. I do think he has been a very good leader for the most part. The players definitely respect him and want to play for him. Coaches like him however can still be successful. Hopefully we start seeing it. We deserve it, but the man has got to talk significantly less. The comments this week were pretty cringe. 

• Like 1