Week 2 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Geek said:

I guess SF is a great destination for QBs. Looks like ours are always having fun.

Good to see Trey helping the local economy.

There were stories about Trey and frat parties here but it was all rumors. Mainly centered around he was never lacking for entertainment while at school.

7 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

There were stories about Trey and frat parties here but it was all rumors. Mainly centered around he was never lacking for entertainment while at school.

interesting. I had not heard any of those. Any you can share/elaborate on? 

I really wish Shanny would embrace the inefficiency. Don't know if he will or not, but I'd be leaning into it Josh Allen style. 

Take shots left and right. If Trey completes 52% of his passes on the year, so be it. He can push the ball downfield.  I think his short game needs a lot more work and as such, I think much more inefficient than you want it to be and thus you're not getting the advantage of it. He's going to work on it throughout the year regardless; you can't have a season where you do nothing but take shots downfield, after all. But running the Jimmy G passing offense with Trey is not a plan i love,  tbh. So just let it rip. Let Danny Gray and Aiyuk run wild down the field. Move Deebo in and out of the backfield and underneath in his passing concepts. 

• Like 4

So Womack was a full go at practice. 

This is the game that Aiyuk will get multiple deep balls down the sideline. We really didn't see any attempts to Aiyuk in the preseason or week one down the field but they connected well at camp. Really curious to see how many carries Mason/TDP get or if it's just going to be a two man show between Wilson and Deebo? 

Defensively, the key is going to be stopping Penny and preventing the big plays to the Seahawks WRs....But if what we saw on Monday is what we will be seeing on this week, then expect a bunch of quick hitters from their passing game. Geno got rid of the quick all game long. If so, let's see how aggressive Ryans gets with their WRs. We have the personnel to play closer to the LOS and be aggressive. Mooney vs Metcalf is going to be a hell of a battle. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really wish Shanny would embrace the inefficiency. Don't know if he will or not, but I'd be leaning into it Josh Allen style. 

Take shots left and right. If Trey completes 52% of his passes on the year, so be it. He can push the ball downfield.  I think his short game needs a lot more work and as such, I think much more inefficient than you want it to be and thus you're not getting the advantage of it. He's going to work on it throughout the year regardless; you can't have a season where you do nothing but take shots downfield, after all. But running the Jimmy G passing offense with Trey is not a plan i love,  tbh. So just let it rip. Let Danny Gray and Aiyuk run wild down the field. Move Deebo in and out of the backfield and underneath in his passing concepts. 

I mean Lance threw the ball 28 times but half of those attempts came in the 4th quarter when the conditions were terrible...So of the 14 pass attempts he had through three quarters, Lance attempted two balls over 20 yards, another two in 17-20 range. I think that percentage of deep throws is just about where it should be. He's going to have to hit on the short throws to consistently move the ball but Shanny will also need to mix in the right amount of shot plays to make up for his short ball inaccuracy...Which is what we saw for the most part against Chicago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Lance threw the ball 28 times but half of those attempts came in the 4th quarter when the conditions were terrible...So of the 14 pass attempts he had through three quarters, Lance attempted two balls over 20 yards, another two in 17-20 range. I think that percentage of deep throws is just about where it should be. He's going to have to hit on the short throws to consistently move the ball but Shanny will also need to mix in the right amount of shot plays to make up for his short ball inaccuracy...Which is what we saw for the most part against Chicago. 

80 / 20 split, baby. 

Lets do it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kittle back at practice today. Obviously today was just a light walkthrough practice but he didn't even do this last week. The rain will make it interesting as the team may choose to be more careful with him but I think he gives it a go this week. 

I wonder whether or not they let the weather play a role in the ultimate decision. 

Given how things have gone this week, I have to admit there's a certain ...morbid curiosity... as to what will become of the Bay Area in the aftermath of a bad loss to the Russless Seahawks tomorrow in the home opener. Just imagine the 💩storm that would ensue...   😬

Edited by Herodreamer79