Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

10 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Totally agree. Just saying, based on what I just saw (in 1 game) he’s behind the other rooks and Kumar.

Could very well be. I'm not keeping / updating such a rating or ranking.
I welcome the competition. I want them ALL to be good - or better put - as good as they can at this stage of their careers.

I've always held that talent forces its way on the field. You cant keep talent on the sideline. Thats why I never bought into the "Jeff Janis just isnt getting / was never given his shot" c$%^. His lack of WR skills kept him off the field.

So I want them all to achieve as incrementally as they can at this stage - cause I want the most talent packed roster at that position specifically. With AR chucking the ball - I want alot of talent at WR.

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I'd cut Kumerow to keep Moore for sure

Yea, I just don't see Gute cutting any of those 3 rooks in favor of Kumerow. If anything, Kumerow's best shot to make this roster would be to beat out Allison. The major problem there is the one player ARod loves more than Kumerow is Allison. 

Kumerow might be competing for spot, but it might not be all on him.  He might also be looking for somebody other than Davis to emerge as a return guy.  Keeping 7 WR might not be that tough; but if it's 7 WR plus Davis besides, that might be a little harder.  (Although even that isn't at all impossible.)  

42 minutes ago, craig said:

Kumerow might be competing for spot, but it might not be all on him.  He might also be looking for somebody other than Davis to emerge as a return guy.  Keeping 7 WR might not be that tough; but if it's 7 WR plus Davis besides, that might be a little harder.  (Although even that isn't at all impossible.)  

Yes, if they're going to keep 7 WRs, then some of them have to be able to help and play on STs. And not necessary returner, but coverage units where they'll be fighting for spots against DBs who are generally preferred, because they're used to chasing and tackling the guy with the ball, where offensive players normally don't.

16 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

People keep calling MVS “big”. He looked pretty average-sized to me on both his TD catch and his non-TD catch. Are the Titans CBs monsters, are my eyes deceiving me, or is “everyone” exaggerating?

I think he's just big as in Jordy size and a little taller than davante, not your smallish slight build either.  he's not AJ green size but we haven't had tall receivers here really at all.

21 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

His spelling? What's that mean.

It's too much to type.  I guess spelling isn't difficult, but it's too much to type, there's a hyphen in it, and nobody can even take the time here to type out the shorter hyphenated name.  

Archived